+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Because now the situation is not that someone can take even a short term leave looking at how people are losing their jobs.
Is the special visa asked in the petition expected to give PR or a temporary visit? May be not with everyone, but an applicant would need to leave his/her job before moving/visiting Canada in any of the above situation. I think we should be requesting the government to expedite the applications sent or in process rather than something that back fire (in case of a temporary visa). Just thinking.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I agree that expediting the applications would be favourable however there are some applicants here who would also benefit from a special visa to visit their families even if its for a short time . I know that I would be glad If both these requests are granted in the petition.

Reactions: singleman

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I was thinking if anyone in here used a lawyer to file his/her application. What is the feedback from their lawyers for the current ambiguous situation about outland sponsorship application processing. Lawyers have connections with IRCC stronger than individuals who applied by themselves of course. Any clue???
This is false. Our lawyer told us all their clients are stuck in the same situation. And that the only thing they can do is wait. Same as us.

maxayma

May 11, 2020
LAWYERS have more experience than us is TRUE >> BUT as said "they have connections with IRCC stronger than individuals who applied by themselves of course."
If an IRCC employee is found to have a little connection outside ,even if he tells to his own family about a case, he can loose his job. This was informed to me by an IRCC employee's relative. Same as in banks, an employee cannot reveal anything outside even about his sibling's bank balance or anything. Some lawyers may have more knowledge than us re; present situations since they deal with IRCC's appeals or more things thus they can recognize few too but a case cannot be processed faster thru a lawyer as compared to an individual who filed his/her own sponsorship. I know a DR. who hired a very expensive lawyer. It was genuine 1st marriage both parties but told me it went to appeal. Some cheap lawyers would charge very low fees initially but what I heard is they DO want the case to go to appeal so they would make much more money later!
I didn't mean having strong connection as having an inside information or obtaining info in illegal way. I only meant they yes have experience, they know how to proper -and legal- contact IRCC right contacts to get info. Plus they are more aware and can interpret IRCC announcements/instructions that sometimes seems confusing to read and understand. Of course I agree with everything you have said. Anyway from members reply it seems lawyers don't add much explaining what is really happening.

Last edited:

Inryvr

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Everyone write to member of parliment in your constituency and demand clear communication from IRCC. We need to turn up the pressure

Reactions: Nina99

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I am very new to this forum.
I have got COPR and planning to land in a month. My wife doesn’t have any visa so she is in India.

Please help me on below queries regarding sponsoring my wife:

1. which option is better/feasible:

A. I move to Canada, apply for her spouse PR visa and wait for around 12 months

B. I move to Canada, apply for her visitor visa, after getting visitor visa she travels to Canada , then apply for the spouse pr visa when she is in Canada

C. I move to Canada, apply for her visitor visa, after getting visitor visa she DOES NOT travels to Canada , then apply for the spouse pr visa, then she travels on visitor visa which she has already got while her pr is in process
Tia

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I am very new to this forum.
I have got COPR and planning to land in a month. My wife doesn’t have any visa so she is in India.

Please help me on below queries regarding sponsoring my wife:

1. which option is better/feasible:

A. I move to Canada, apply for her spouse PR visa and wait for around 12 months

B. I move to Canada, apply for her visitor visa, after getting visitor visa she travels to Canada , then apply for the spouse pr visa when she is in Canada

C. I move to Canada, apply for her visitor visa, after getting visitor visa she DOES NOT travels to Canada , then apply for the spouse pr visa, then she travels on visitor visa which she has already got while her pr is in process
Tia
Or option D: I apply her visitor visa while we both are in India, then after getting her visitor visa we travel to Canada , after reaching Canada, I apply for her pr visa

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Out-land sponsorship
January applicant 2020
Biometrics and medicals submitted submitted and received by IRCC in Febuary 2020. Since then no update.
I have been following IRCC updates on Tweeter, they seems to be avoiding/ignoring questions related to family or Spousal sponsorship.
What is going on guys ? have they forgotten about us??
Let me know what you guys think please
#Spousal sponsorship matters#
How did you submit Biometrics and medicals just in 1 month (February) when you are January applicant?

bian07

May 19, 2017
Read comments in this blog.
These comments make me so sad. I'm in a similar situation as the couple, have been in canada since 2019, working hard while establishing common law and now waiting to get an aor, unable to work.
All these people talking shit when they have no idea what it feels like to be in this situation. But if they would have this happen to them they would be doing the same thing as us, begging for some kind of communication.