Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Lagos
Hello
I recently got a post on my gckey account that I passes my medicals in nov, I had been sent a pre arrival in Aug and I also did my biometric in aug, I am applying under the spouse sponsorship for PR, my wife lives in Quebec y I live in Nigeria. Does anyone have any idea on the next stage or how long it wld take be for I get a ppr.
I started my application in Feb.
Thank you.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Hello Everyone,

If sponsor want to represent and submits use of representative file, will that make file processing at CPC Mississauga instead of local visa office ?
Sponsor is PR in Canada
PA is in India

I have already submitted the file without use of representative but I lately realized CPC Mississauga is faster that NDVO, I dint yet received AOR, is its worth submitting use of representative form after the AOR ?

Thanks;
Chandra

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

If sponsor want to represent and submits use of representative file, will that make file processing at CPC Mississauga instead of local visa office ?
Sponsor is PR in Canada
PA is in India

I have already submitted the file without use of representative but I lately realized CPC Mississauga is faster that NDVO, I dint yet received AOR, is its worth submitting use of representative form after the AOR ?

Thanks;
Chandra
Being a rep for the file makes zero difference as to where it is processed.

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Being a rep for the file makes zero difference as to where it is processed.
Thank you for the update. For this years PGP program, files were processed at CPC-Mississauga even the PA/Dependent home/resident country is different from Canada because Sponsor submitted Use of representative.

I thought that will be the case for Spousal sponsorship as well.

Thanks;
Chandra

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Hi, Im an American and I was hoping I could get some advice. Was planning on applying for a visitors visa to pursue inland sponsorship, but wasn't sure on the possibility of doing that. I don't believe I require one to visit so Im unsure if it'll even be approved, and once there I'm unsure of how upfront to be about my intentions, as I've read that dual intent without strong ties to the country are likely to be rejected. It's been difficult trying to figure it all out and measure the risks on our own. We've considering hiring legal help as well. We just want to be together as soon as possible at this point. Seperation has been difficult, and we just want to live our lives together happily.

Thank you

JBucky

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 29,2018
Doc's Request.
July 3,2018
AOR Received.
October 18,2018
File Transfer...
18-10-2018
Med's Request
October 25,2018
Med's Done....
October 26,2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 27,2019
VISA ISSUED...
December 3,2019
LANDED..........
December 15,2019
Hi, Im an American and I was hoping I could get some advice. Was planning on applying for a visitors visa to pursue inland sponsorship, but wasn't sure on the possibility of doing that. I don't believe I require one to visit so Im unsure if it'll even be approved, and once there I'm unsure of how upfront to be about my intentions, as I've read that dual intent without strong ties to the country are likely to be rejected. It's been difficult trying to figure it all out and measure the risks on our own. We've considering hiring legal help as well. We just want to be together as soon as possible at this point. Seperation has been difficult, and we just want to live our lives together happily.

Thank you
You said you are an American which means you don’t need a visa to enter Canada. I am not sure as to what you are asking for the rest of your question. Is your partner living in Canada?

JBucky

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 29,2018
Doc's Request.
July 3,2018
AOR Received.
October 18,2018
File Transfer...
18-10-2018
Med's Request
October 25,2018
Med's Done....
October 26,2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 27,2019
VISA ISSUED...
December 3,2019
LANDED..........
December 15,2019
The photographer name has to be at the back and his studio name and date...that is the specification and it’s very important

Ok but the person states that both photos have it and if being that both photos have the date and etc stamped at the back of that is a problem.

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hii, today I got an update in my ecas that they started processing my application in visa office DELHI( country where PA lives) Does it mean AOR2 ?

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello,

I had a question and haven't been able to find an accurate answer. Any help is appreciated.

I had a Police certificate, birth certificate and text messages, translated. I received the translation, the original document (photocopy) and a declaration from the translator, all stamped with the companies stamp.

Now I read this on the CIC website:
Unless stated in your checklist, you must attach the following for any documents that are not in English or French:
  • a certified copy of the original document; and
  • the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.
Do I need to have the original document certified in some way? Have it notarized? I was told originally that this would suffice. I ask this because I don't have the original as they are with my husband.
Hi,
can anyone provide clarification on this before I send in?

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
You said you are an American which means you don’t need a visa to enter Canada. I am not sure as to what you are asking for the rest of your question. Is your partner living in Canada?
Uhm, yes sorry I though that was implied when I mentioned inland sponsorship and not being a canadian. I was more so looking for anyone who had tried something similar or would know about the possibility of success. As I said and you said, I dont need a visa to enter as I have the special license etc. But I was hoping I could still manage to get one for the sake of sponsorship as I have no other means of doing so. Also assuming I am successful in acheiving one, I am aware that most people that enter and state dual intent are almost entirely turned away if they cant prove ties such as owned land etc. So would it be plausible to just no mentione it or...? I was hoping there would be someone that knew enough about those things specifically, I already know everything else I feel I need to.

(Basically if Im just dreaming and hoping and being an idiot about this, I need someone to tell me so. I'll likely try either way.)