+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Inland applicants can't flagpole at the border. You will be called for a landing interview at an office in Canada.
Oh ok. Is that the same interview which they ask for during the process or is it one of those "first comer/after landing" interviews? I'm assuming during this meeting we would be advised about the exit and re-enter process? How much time do they give you to exit and re-enter?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh ok. Is that the same interview which they ask for during the process or is it one of those "first comer/after landing" interviews? I'm assuming during this meeting we would be advised about the exit and re-enter process? How much time do they give you to exit and re-enter?
Again, inland applicants CAN'T flagpole. You will land at the IRCC office.

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi, did you pay the biometrics fee along with all the fees when you submitted your application? Thank you!
Yup dear, i paid all the fees along with my application

cera

Mar 15, 2019
Hi all, please I have some questions and would really love to be advised.
I applied for visit visa to come visit my friends, my fiancé had gotten copr some months before but hadn't moved to canada yet, eventually he moved a month after my visit visa application was submitted. My visit visa got approved and I came to visit my fiancé and my friends recently. Now we want to get married during my visit and apply inland spousal sponsorship for me but an immigration consultation told me that if we get married and apply during my visit to canada it will be seen as misrepresentation and my application would be rejected because I mentioned that I was applying for visit visa to visit my friends and not to visit my fiancé and get married.
Please I need advise.
Is it misrepresentation even as my fiancé hadn't landed here when I put in the visa application?
Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Is it misrepresentation even as my fiancé hadn't landed here when I put in the visa application?
Please what would be the best way to handle this situation?
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all, please I have some questions and would really love to be advised.
I applied for visit visa to come visit my friends, my fiancé had gotten copr some months before but hadn't moved to canada yet, eventually he moved a month after my visit visa application was submitted. My visit visa got approved and I came to visit my fiancé and my friends recently. Now we want to get married during my visit and apply inland spousal sponsorship for me but an immigration consultation told me that if we get married and apply during my visit to canada it will be seen as misrepresentation and my application would be rejected because I mentioned that I was applying for visit visa to visit my friends and not to visit my fiancé and get married.
Please I need advise.
Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Please what would be the best way to handle this situation?
Thank you
It wouldn't be misrepresentation. You can marry and apply.

cera

Mar 15, 2019
It wouldn't be misrepresentation. You can marry and apply.
Thanks for the response. Good to hear this, I am just worried because she says someone got rejected based on misrepresentation in the same circumstance as mine. I don't know if this is a recent development with IRCC.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Inland PR Applicant
Husband is sponsor

This is probably a dumb question, and I am not to this point in the process yet, but as an inland PR applicant, will I be required to leave Canada to give biometrics (I'm a USA citizen and would travel back there to do such a thing)? I know that only certain potential immigrants can give biometrics inside of Canada, and that everyone else is required to use a VAC outside Canada. Leaving Canada to give biometrics seems to go against the "no travelling while inland application is processing" rule, which is where my question is coming from.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Inland PR Applicant
Husband is sponsor

This is probably a dumb question, and I am not to this point in the process yet, but as an inland PR applicant, will I be required to leave Canada to give biometrics (I'm a USA citizen and would travel back there to do such a thing)? I know that only certain potential immigrants can give biometrics inside of Canada, and that everyone else is required to use a VAC outside Canada. Leaving Canada to give biometrics seems to go against the "no travelling while inland application is processing" rule, which is where my question is coming from.

Thanks!
Inland applicants are exempt.

No one can give biometrics in Canada. Some people can give biometrics at a POE when entering the country.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Bigman tunde

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Lagos
Hello
My wife is a PR in Canada and we are in the process of she sponsoring me to Canada.
I recently did my medicals and received a pass response 3 days later, I will be grateful if anyone here can help on the next stage and how long I have to Wait.
Here is what my profile currently looks like;

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • November 12 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • August Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I was also sent a pre arrival message along with a biometric message and a request for proof of csq application in Aug.
Any info on what to expect next or how long to wait.
Thank you.

Bigman tunde

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Lagos
Hello
My wife is a PR in Canada and we are in the process of she sponsoring me to Canada.
I recently did my medicals and received a pass response 3 days later, I will be grateful if anyone here can help on the next stage and how long I have to Wait.
Here is what my profile currently looks like;

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • November 12 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • August Completed.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I was also sent a pre arrival message along with a biometric message and a request for proof of csq application in Aug.
Any info on what to expect next or how long to wait.
Thank you.

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi All,

I am Canadian Citizen and recently got married in India. Will be starting the application soon. Just wanted to see if any of you have any suggestions/recommendations for do's and dont's. Also, what is the realistic processing time? The website is showing 12 months but is it any different for recent cases.

any help on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nawaz ali 180

Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone

I m july 2018 applicant, received pre arrival on August 7 , 2019 again a pre arrival reminder on September 11 ( unusual) and again a reminder for pre arrival services on nov 8 ( very unusual).

I dont know when did they start my BGC but i linked my application on
1 October,2019 and it stated as bgc are in progress which later they confirmed by an email stating YOUR BGC HAS NOW BEEN INITIATED.....

My questions from the experts are how long i have to wait now and what do these 3 pre arrival reminders indicate .

Nov 18, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been filling out the forms for in land spouse sponsorship. And I run into a problem that I haven’t been able to figure out. Would appreciate if anyone could help me.

So a bit of the situation:

My husband has been here on a visitors visa, he has extended it twice and he’s waiting for an answer on the extension. And his current visa expired after he applied for the extension Sept 21.

So the issue here on the IMM0008 form is that it asks the current country of residence, visa and dates (from to)

We tried filling it out with his current visa but because it’s expired then it doesn’t let it validate.

it offers the option to do out of status. But he’s technically in implied status.

not sure how to proceed here.

lanka1204

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
London visa office
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Doc's Request.
13-01-2020 Military service
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
29-10-2019
hey folks, i have recive request for payment fingerprints at 21 oct, pay same day but have no answer yet., who have same situation ?