+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hello friends, I'm sponsoring my wife from outside Canada. There is something in document checklist regarding birth certificate that is unclear to me. Detailed instructions on a website say "all the documents, if not in English, should be taken certified photocopy of and translated, unless otherwise indicated in document checklist" and document checklist in regards of birth certificate says "photocopy only". Does anyone know if my wife still needs to translate her birth certificate or not? Thank you very much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I am sponsoring my husband for Permanent Residence. So, under the eligibility requirements it says that you are NOT eligible if as a sponsor you receive social assistance for a reason other than disability.

I was doing my taxes and found out that I am eligible to claim for Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB). Though it says benefit but on some other places it is mentioned as a tax credit. I am not exactly sure if it comes under social welfare.

My question is, Should I go ahead and claim it on my Tax Return if it's a tax credit OR not take the risk if it puts my sponsorship application in jeopardy??

Please provide input.

Thank you.
It's not welfare.

Reactions: samakh

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So does it mean its going to take longer?
Also there is no time limit or anything, is there? Like I have to wait for a few years before I can sponsor my new spouse?
Thanks
Yes, it will likely take longer. No, there is no time limit if your previous spouse never became a PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends, I'm sponsoring my wife from outside Canada. There is something in document checklist regarding birth certificate that is unclear to me. Detailed instructions on a website say "all the documents, if not in English, should be taken certified photocopy of and translated, unless otherwise indicated in document checklist" and document checklist in regards of birth certificate says "photocopy only". Does anyone know if my wife still needs to translate her birth certificate or not? Thank you very much.
It is not in English/French, so yes, it must be formally translated

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
we are at 11 months...

ive been approved to sponsor my wife

we sent everything and since april 9th its saying on cic they are processing her file

Jeemay

Mar 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
Seniors I have a question!! My wife lives in Quebec and I am out of Canada. We both applied for Permanent Resident (PR). We both got CSQ almost 3 months back. And we submitted to federal same week. Can you kindly tell me how long does it take for medical call? And what will be next process and how long will take for all process approximately? (We open file on federal by 2016 and we wait for CSQ until jan 2018)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Seniors I have a question!! My wife lives in Quebec and I am out of Canada. We both applied for Permanent Resident (PR). We both got CSQ almost 3 months back. And we submitted to federal same week. Can you kindly tell me how long does it take for medical call? And what will be next process and how long will take for all process approximately? (We open file on federal by 2016 and we wait for CSQ until jan 2018)
Post in the Quebec Immigration section of the forum.

Reactions: Jeemay

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
question guys

I tried to link my account with the gckey but didnt find anything...

Any help for this ?

I have a lawyer to have the case, is it the reason ?

thanks