+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
I had question related to IMM 5532.

I am an outland applicant. The question says are you living together to which the answer is 'no'. The next question says, have you visited each other during your relationship?

What is the definition of relationship here? Is it that they are asking for my visits after marriage?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018

I am an outland applicant. The question says are you living together to which the answer is 'no'. The next question says, have you visited each other during your relationship?

What is the definition of relationship here? Is it that they are asking for my visits after marriage?
They ask for all the visits that you did since you started dating to getting married and after. All the visits that you did to visit your significant other including before and after wedding.

Last edited:

bleite

May 1, 2018
Hello,

My partner and I have been together for 1.5 years and are looking to get married. We've been living together for 5 months and are wondering what our chances of rejection for 'spousal sponsorship' may be if we decide to apply right after our marriage. We currently live in England but I am hoping for us to move in with my parents soon after getting married. I have many sources of proof regarding our relationship (evidence of conversations, we have always lived within close proximity, we've travelled together many times, we have both met each others' family and friends from our original countries, a shared bank account, etc) but with so many rejections I would like to plan in advance. Patricia (my partner) is Brazilian with a dual citizenship and I have both Canadian and Portuguese citizenship. Could you please assist with any possible advice?

Thank you,

Brittany

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

My partner and I have been together for 1.5 years and are looking to get married. We've been living together for 5 months and are wondering what our chances of rejection for 'spousal sponsorship' may be if we decide to apply right after our marriage. We currently live in England but I am hoping for us to move in with my parents soon after getting married. I have many sources of proof regarding our relationship (evidence of conversations, we have always lived within close proximity, we've travelled together many times, we have both met each others' family and friends from our original countries, a shared bank account, etc) but with so many rejections I would like to plan in advance. Patricia (my partner) is Brazilian with a dual citizenship and I have both Canadian and Portuguese citizenship. Could you please assist with any possible advice?

Thank you,

Brittany
Hi

What is her other citizenship?

Salyd

Nov 24, 2017

I'm not so sure what your relationship is. But maybe they want to know if you have been visiting each other even tho you are not living together. Maybe gone visit your wife/husband out of country for a while or multiple times. (That's if you're in Canada and went out to visit) just be honest in your application be detailed.

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
if the principal applicant is dealing with CIC on their own then you don't have to fill it, but if you are a sponsor and you want to receive messages instead of principal applicant and you want to receive all the other information regarding your file, then yes you need to fill it otherwise they will reject your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! Newbie here...sino po Ang December applicant? Nasa anongbstage na po kayo Ng process ? TIA Sa Sa sagot
Recommend you post your question in English.

Reactions: Forte

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I sent my application today. But unfortunately I made couple of mistakes:

A). I forgot to tick 'Country specific requirements ' on the checklist. I was supposed to tick and write NA but I forgot both.

B). In additional family information, we forgot to write names in native language.

Will my application be returned?

If yes, I also submitted application for Open work permit. Will that be returned as well?

Thanks in advance

T.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

I sent my application today. But unfortunately I made couple of mistakes:

A). I forgot to tick 'Country specific requirements ' on the checklist. I was supposed to tick and write NA but I forgot both.

B). In additional family information, we forgot to write names in native language.

Will my application be returned?

If yes, I also submitted application for Open work permit. Will that be returned as well?

Thanks in advance

T.
Already answered in your other thread.

samakh

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Hi,
I am sponsoring my husband for Permanent Residence. So, under the eligibility requirements it says that you are NOT eligible if as a sponsor you receive social assistance for a reason other than disability.

I was doing my taxes and found out that I am eligible to claim for Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB). Though it says benefit but on some other places it is mentioned as a tax credit. I am not exactly sure if it comes under social welfare.

My question is, Should I go ahead and claim it on my Tax Return if it's a tax credit OR not take the risk if it puts my sponsorship application in jeopardy??

Please provide input.

Thank you.

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
If you are sure she didn't land, you are free to sponsor someone else. Expect a higher level of scrutiny.
So does it mean its going to take longer?
Also there is no time limit or anything, is there? Like I have to wait for a few years before I can sponsor my new spouse?
Thanks