+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

SaraTabu

Aug 27, 2017
Berlin, Germany
About the recommendation for mailing an application to extend and open work permit with inland does not seem right.
Most of the time you either, mail an extension request separately, regular extension request with the application, or an extension application marked for open work permit submitted with the application. Not both.

If you are submitting a regular extension with the application then do that but if you don't want to have to keep extending your stay during the process and have implied status then you only need to send an application for an open work permit included inside the SAME envelope as your PR application and make sure it is received by Vegreville BEFORE your status expires.

Overall this is a very good post and I feel this will benefit alot of people. I just wanted to state some corrections before people think they need to include both a regular extension request and open work permit with their inland application. What I have stated has been verified for years and can be backed up by many other senior members so I believe the information is correct and helpful to those applying inland like myself.

Thank you Leon for your wonderful and helpful post. I see this helping several people for years to come. :)
If I come for 2-3 weeks on TRV and get married, apply for Inland visa, can I apply for a regular extension marked with open work permit along with inland application form?? And this was I can stay and work? Or I can only work after the whole application is done processing, means after getting PR only?

Where can I get this visa extension application form please?

SaraTabu

Aug 27, 2017
Berlin, Germany
If I only can manage to submit an application for TRV extension but then in a week after submitting application my TRV expires, what visa should I live on in Canada? Or it's just I can stay in Canada after applying. I just saw a visa extension takes 119 days to process!!!

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Dear Senior,

Please advise being a Canadian citizen How I can get Travel History From Canada to USA? because I traveled From Canada to USA but their is no stamp on passport and entry /Exit dates not remember to me.

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Dear Senior,

Please advise being a Canadian citizen How I can get Travel History From Canada to USA? because I traveled From Canada to USA but their is no stamp on passport and entry /Exit dates not remember to me.
You can check your -94 records.. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home "Check travel history".

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
So my questions are:
does anyone know how long until you get a medical report?
and does anyone have any tips/tricks as to linking the app without space in the city?

As I've tried that and many other ways and nothing seems to be working. I am really trying to speed this up as I am applying from the United States and wanting to hit the Vancouver market for acting and modelling ASAP!
On average it takes 120-140 days from the date of your application receiving to a medical request.

If you have troubles of linking app since May, I would suggest you call IRCC and ask them to look into the issue. They will compare the info you are entering with the info that's been recorded into the system by an agent. Some people had the luck to link the app typing their names in the upper case.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
However, please note that. I need your urgent response on [1].
Actually I am a Muslim and in our religion 'Engagement' has no value and we do not even live together after that. It's just an intentional thing.
For our religion, "Marriage" is the main event. That I will do AFTER my landing. And then later sponsoring her for spousal category.
With regards to elaboration above, please give me your detailed response. I want to repeat again, I was not in a common-law relationship.We never stayed together. We will only live together once marriage takes place. And the marriage will be AFTER landing.
Please do let me know.
Sorry for the late response, however, I don't think you need one. It seems like you know what you're doing...
And yet you haven't answered my question about your marital status at the moment of your PR application, from which I can assume that you've chosen "Single".
Even though it's a religious thing and you were not living together, at the moment of your application you had the intent to marry her in the future. You knew the rules, you knew how the marriage works in your country and yet you didn't say anything about that on your PR application like it doesn't matter. Maybe I am wrong but it seems like a misrepresentation to me.
...Well, unless you weren't sure you're gonna marry her. :)

You might try not mention before PR marriage agreements in your Sponsorship application and say that arrangements have been made after your landing by your family. Or do as it happened but you need to make sure that there were no intentions of misrepresentation on your side.
Either way, you have to get yourself acquainted with Submission on 117(9)(d) to make sure you're doing everything right.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry for the late response, however, I don't think you need one. It seems like you know what you're doing...
And yet you haven't answered my question about your marital status at the moment of your PR application, from which I can assume that you've chosen "Single".
Even though it's a religious thing and you were not living together, at the moment of your application you had the intent to marry her in the future. You knew the rules, you knew how the marriage works in your country and yet you didn't say anything about that on your PR application like it doesn't matter. Maybe I am wrong but it seems like a misrepresentation to me.
...Well, unless you weren't sure you're gonna marry her. :)

You might try not mention before PR marriage agreements in your Sponsorship application and say that arrangements have been made after your landing by your family. Or do as it happened but you need to make sure that there were no intentions of misrepresentation on your side.
Either way, you have to get yourself acquainted with Submission on 117(9)(d) to make sure you're doing everything right.
"Intent to marry" means absolutely nothing to IRCC; being engaged is not a legal status. If OP was not married or common-law, single is the correct marital status and there is no misrepresentation.

Reactions: Mithra31

napatel

Aug 29, 2017
Hello fellow members. I've been visiting this site for the last few weeks and have found all of the information and discussion extremely valuable.

I do have a question regarding Application to sponsor my wife which I submitted last week with the IRCC text message form for confirmation. The application was delivered according to Canada Post on August 24th around 2PM, however as of today I have yet to receive the text message confirming the package has been received or not.

Does any one have any idea if it's normal for the delay or should I contact CIC and ask for updates?

plutoshan

Aug 29, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently residing and working in Canada under a 3-year Post Graduate Work Permit. I completed my Masters last year and I have had permanent job for a year now. The next step is applying for permanent residence under Express Entry (EE) Canadian Experience Class, which I am now eligible for given my status and experience in Canada. However, I am in a long distance relationship and my boyfriend and I are planning to get married next summer. I would like to start the application status right away, and ultimately have my husband-to-be immigrate here soon after our wedding. Currently, we are not considered as Common-Law because we have not lived together.

My questions are:
1. Under these circumstances, would I be able to add him to my EE application? Given that we are not yet married and not deemed common-law. We have no other ties (joint account, joint ownership of assets) expect our history and commitment to each other.

2. I am also considering applying now, to get the process started and then add him to my PR application when we are married, if it does not come through by then. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

3. Is it wise to apply now, and if my PR comes through before our wedding, I sponsor him later? My issue with this route is how long it might take for us to be together once married.

4. Are there any other methods that I can take in our situation?

Thanks. Any feedback is greatly appreaciated.

harshpatelonline

Aug 30, 2017
Hello Leon,

I live in Canada and my wife is in India. I am preparing to sponsor my wife's PR in the Outland category.

I am wondering if you can help me clear a few doubts.
  • Do I need to apply for sponsorship approval at Mississauga office first, and then the Mississauga office will mail the application package to an office in India? If so, I will have to ask my wife to mail her documents and signed forms to me in Canada. Is there any option that we can use digitally signed application forms?

• Do I need any original documents to go in the application package? I heard CIC ask original birth certificates from the spouse and her family. Also, my mother-in-law never had a birth certificate. Is it okay, if I include her School leaving certificate instead of Birth certificate?
Please let me know if you have any experience such as this.

Looking forward!

Harsh Patel

C

Classic Chucks

Hello Leon,

I live in Canada and my wife is in India. I am preparing to sponsor my wife's PR in the Outland category.

I am wondering if you can help me clear a few doubts.
  • Do I need to apply for sponsorship approval at Mississauga office first, and then the Mississauga office will mail the application package to an office in India? If so, I will have to ask my wife to mail her documents and signed forms to me in Canada. Is there any option that we can use digitally signed application forms?

• Do I need any original documents to go in the application package? I heard CIC ask original birth certificates from the spouse and her family. Also, my mother-in-law never had a birth certificate. Is it okay, if I include her School leaving certificate instead of Birth certificate?
Please let me know if you have any experience such as this.

Looking forward!

Harsh Patel
Digitally signed forms? No. Actual signatures are neeed.
Only provide original documents of the principal applicant if stated. No need for other family members. Provide her birth certificate if you have it. Check country specific requirement.

harshpatelonline

Aug 30, 2017
Digitally signed forms? No. Actual signatures are neeed.
Only provide original documents of the principal applicant if stated. No need for other family members. Provide her birth certificate if you have it. Check country specific requirement.
Thank you for the quick response.

In the country specific checklist, they say following -
  • Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.
No specification whether they should be original or copies. However, notice the following line where they mention copies -
  • Copies of national identity cards (for yourself and all family members, if applicable), if issued by your country of citizenship or residence.
Now does this mean, I will have to include original birth certificates of everyone in my spouse family as well?

Also, do you know if I have to send the whole application package from my side to Mississauga Office in Canada, and then from there, it will be mailed to Indian office?

C

Classic Chucks

Now does this mean, I will have to include original birth certificates of everyone in my spouse family as well?
As mentioned, spouse only. Family members mean your dependent children and your children's dependent children. Not sure about your country specific requirements about original or not. Check the checklist.

Also, do you know if I have to send the whole application package from my side to Mississauga Office in Canada, and then from there, it will be mailed to Indian office?
Outland, right? If you live in Canada and spouse is in India, she would have to send you the forms with her signatures on them. Assemble the package and mail it off to Mississauga. Mississauga will do the file transfer once you are approved as a sponsor.

harshpatelonline

Aug 30, 2017
As mentioned, spouse only. Family members mean your dependent children and your children's dependent children. Not sure about your country specific requirements about original or not. Check the checklist.
This quote is given in the country specific checklist, under PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS document requirement. To me, it seemed like, it's saying to the principal applicant (my wife) - Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. Below is the screenshot -

Outland, right? If you live in Canada and spouse is in India, she would have to send you the forms with her signatures on them. Assemble the package and mail it off to Mississauga. Mississauga will do the file transfer once you are approved as a sponsor.
Yes, Outland. This makes sense to me.

C

Classic Chucks

This quote is given in the country specific checklist, under PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS document requirement. To me, it seemed like, it's saying to the principal applicant (my wife) - Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for yourself and all family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. Below is the screenshot -

Yes, Outland. This makes sense to me.

Family members

An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

It is enclosed in the parentheses that you must provide the photocopies only.