+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hello Everyone.

I heard that If you submitt your spousal sponsorship it takes 6 months to be processed, is it true?

Wife is PR in Canada
Husband is back home

Thanks a lot

Reactions: KandyK

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
ZhabaHulk,

Thanks for your response. I am all cleared about all queries.

However, please note that. I need your urgent response on [1].

Actually I am a Muslim and in our religion 'Engagement' has no value and we do not even live together after that. It's just an intentional thing.

For our religion, "Marriage" is the main event. That I will do AFTER my landing. And then later sponsoring her for spousal category.

With regards to elaboration above, please give me your detailed response. I want to repeat again, I was not in a common-law relationship.We never stayed together. We will only live together once marriage takes place. And the marriage will be AFTER landing.

Please do let me know.
That's exactly my case.
I'm landed and this winter is planning to go and get married then sponsoring my husband.
Now we are engaged.

julitotz

Aug 21, 2017
hi there, i was just wondering if someone can help me or explain to me about sponsoring my common law partner. she has a son but wont be able to be sponsored or come to Canada due to the custody. do i still need to include him on the application? what do i do? and if i include his name on the application, do i need to pay for him too even if his not coming to canada with my common law partner? and also the schedule A and Additional Family Info form, was that for me to fill up or my common law partner? im really confused if im the principal applicant on that Schedule A and Additional Family Info or my common law partner? please please help me before i submit my application tomorrow. thanks so much.

roxannebenj

Aug 26, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I heard that If you submitt your spousal sponsorship it takes 6 months to be processed, is it true?

Wife is PR in Canada
Husband is back home

Thanks a lot
The processing time is 12 months but others approved by only 6 months of waiting. And some is 5 months. As my friends said it to me.

Reactions: Mithra31

northerngirl

Jun 1, 2017
does anyone have an idea about how much time you are given before you must enter, after getting visa stamped?
or does it vary among different VOs? but still an idea... :)

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does anyone have an idea about how much time you are given before you must enter, after getting visa stamped?
or does it vary among different VOs? but still an idea... :)
Usually you must enter by the time your medical expires. It also should say it on your COPR.

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks. Im getting ready to land in about 3 weeks and I´m wondering about what documents I should bring. Is there something like a checklist of items I absolutely should bring to Canada. Im talking about things like birth certificates, past paycecks, driver license authentication and so on. Would be ncie if you could share your experience with me.
Thanks a lot.

northerngirl

Jun 1, 2017
Usually you must enter by the time your medical expires. It also should say it on your COPR.
okk but i found one case in my known where the applicant was given only 1 month validity of copr..though his medical would have expired few months later.
so my question is that whether cases like these are special one and in general the applicant does get validity of copr till the day his/her medical expire.
P.S. m asking all this because i may have to travel back to india in the start of next year and considering the current time taken for getting pr card, i dont want to take a chance. :)

Chizobaobi

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,
I submitted my application through representative in January 2017 and I am yet to hear back from CIC. i haven't even gotten an AOR. Do I need to be worried? The representative also said they haven't heard from CIC yet

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi,
I submitted my application through representative in January 2017 and I am yet to hear back from CIC. i haven't even gotten an AOR. Do I need to be worried? The representative also said they haven't heard from CIC yet
Yes. Something sounds wrong.

BOBO39

Aug 21, 2017
Hi All,
With the changes in April, what is the protection for the sponsor from getting screwed if the person decides to leave or go back to their country ?

SummerRayne

Jul 2, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
Med's Request
30-07-17
Med's Done....
31-07-17
Hi All,

I'm being sponsored by my Canadian husband for an inland PR app. My question is this; once I've been working long enough will I be eligible for EI maternity pay. I know that there are restrictions on claiming government assistance while being sponsored, so I was wondering if that includes maternity EI?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Summer

bblack

Aug 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the processing time. Under the status of my application (permanent residence being sponsored by my spouse is the application) it says it was received May 26th. My husband and I did get a request to mail or link my application online for the schedule A/police background report. I couldn't link my application so we mailed the schedule A/police background report on July 19th. Have not heard anything back yet and I know a medical will be the next step.

So my questions are:
does anyone know how long until you get a medical report?
and does anyone have any tips/tricks as to linking the app without the space in the city?

As I've tried that and many other ways and nothing seems to be working. I am really trying to speed this up as I am applying from the United States and wanting to hit the Vancouver market for acting and modeling ASAP!

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Hi,
That definitely doesn't sound right. Even if package was missing something you would've received it back a long time ago as it happened to me and 7 weeks later I got the application back and resent that same day and AOR was finally received on Aug 3...I would call CIC!!!

Myrelnp

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Wasnt asked. Its just that calling to get info on my wifes behalf would be easier.She couldnt call becauase its long distance and time difference. it can get expensive calling from the Philippines. Im here in Canada so I can call get info on her behalf.
Hello, I did mine through the webform as I am the sponsor aswell and my husband just sent me the scanned copy.