+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

leo820

Aug 19, 2017
When you say that you came to Canada, what do you mean by that? Did you get PR approved and come to Canada for the first time? If so, did you include you wife in the application?
hi there>>i got my pr 4 years ago>. so no she wasn't on my application>>

C

Classic Chucks

Express entry
You can but you have add your new spouse to your application before landing and have your COPR re-issued. If not, you will be misrepresenting yourself upon landing and won't be eligible to sponsor your spouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: simran.001

Salman shad

Star Member
May 20, 2017
I got DM on ecas on 13august and was waiting for PPR. Mp contacted London visa office and they said we sent the PPR but our lawyer in canada didn't get anything yet. Mp called again and they said we sent PPR via airmail not by email which is very strange as they have our email and we didn't submitted any original education certificates etc that they have to send back to us. Just wondering why not email why through airmail

ivyting0124

Jul 5, 2017
British Columbia
Received my AOR and linked my application to the online account. Now I have been asked to fill up the Schedule A form. I am the primary applicant and my husband only sponsor me. No other family member is accompany me. In the letter of instuction, they stated :

**You and all of your family members aged 18 or older (if applicable) must submit this form (which is Schedule A).

Do they mean my family members back at my home country have to fill the form as well???? or only if they are including in the application as well?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
hi, i am new to this forum, how do i start new thread?
When you are on the main page of a forum section - for example, Family Class Sponsorship - there will be a red box on the lower right hand side of the screen that says Post New Thread. Click that.

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
Hi,
Good morning. Please I need some info. A friend applied for spousal sponsorship in May, 2017 and got UCI/AOR in July. Please how do we confirm where my application is, the status, and how long does spousal application takes to process based on experience.

I look forward to your kind suggestions

Please is there a whatsapp group that we can benefit from?

Reactions: KandyK

MarJon

Jan 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
sorry posting this again.

Hi everyone. Iwas wondering if anyone can help me. I want to submit the IMM 5475 form but i dont know where to send it. Do I send it to CPC Mississauga where i first sent the application or do I send it to the Visa Office in Manila where the application was transferred to?

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
Good morning every one.

I wonder about my passport validity that will expire in April 2018. I'm a permanent resident in Canada and my husband got a ticket to fly in Philippines in October for 10 days vacation and fly back to Canada at the end of the month. Would it be a problem to come back to Canada with 6 months validation of my passport? Hope somebody can enlighten me. I tried called the embassy in Calgary and Toronto and their answer is to renew my passport first.
Thank you.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Good morning every one.

I wonder about my passport validity that will expire in April 2018. I'm a permanent resident in Canada and my husband got a ticket to fly in Philippines in October for 10 days vacation and fly back to Canada at the end of the month. Would it be a problem to come back to Canada with 6 months validation of my passport? Hope somebody can enlighten me. I tried called the embassy in Calgary and Toronto and their answer is to renew my passport first.
Thank you.
6 months validity is good.

Reactions: Shirley.mariano

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Hi everyone. Iwas wondering if anyone can help me. I want to submit the IMM 5475 form but i dont know where to send it. Do I send it to CPC Mississauga where i first sent the application or do I send it to the Visa Office in Manila where the application was transferred to?
Send it to MVO if your file is already there. Were you asked to send that form or got a request to send it?

MarJon

Jan 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Send it to MVO if your file is already there. Were you asked to send that form or got a request to send it?
Wasnt asked. Its just that calling to get info on my wifes behalf would be easier.She couldnt call becauase its long distance and time difference. it can get expensive calling from the Philippines. Im here in Canada so I can call get info on her behalf.

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
ZhabaHulk,

Thanks for your response. I am all cleared about all queries.

However, please note that. I need your urgent response on [1].

Actually I am a Muslim and in our religion 'Engagement' has no value and we do not even live together after that. It's just an intentional thing.

For our religion, "Marriage" is the main event. That I will do AFTER my landing. And then later sponsoring her for spousal category.

With regards to elaboration above, please give me your detailed response. I want to repeat again, I was not in a common-law relationship.We never stayed together. We will only live together once marriage takes place. And the marriage will be AFTER landing.

Please do let me know.

1. When you were applying for PR did you mention that you're currently in a Relationship or you're applied as a Single? If you indicated that you're single they may refuse your application under IRPR 117(9)(d).
2. If you are to sponsor her after the marriage, as a Spouse, you don't need to provide confirmation that you lived with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months. However, you may need to explain yourself why you both are living separately in the application form or in an additional explanation letter and attach it to the form.
3. Yes, you can reapply ---> Read here.
4. You have to follow the Document Checklist.

Provide the information that will satisfy both bullets.
5 & 6. If you're going to apply for Sponsorship before you got a job in Canada, you have to provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. This must include a detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on a separate piece of paper. This is literally taken from Document Checklist.

I hope it helps :)

Reactions: Mithra31

roxannebenj

Aug 26, 2017
Hi! New here,
My spouse got an additional documents. To fill out the sched A and police certificate. May question is. Do i need to submit it to? The sched A and nbi? Thank for reply. Godbless