+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

micachu

May 25, 2017
Hi, my husband received a notice that i must submit schedule A form and that I will also receive the same request within 5 days, but i did not. However, i still went ahead and fill out Schedule A. Upon checking today, i noticed that I do not have the option to upload any documents in myCIC account. :(

Does anyone know what i can do? TIA!

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Hi everyone,

I think I have asked this question already a year ago but I have completely forgotten and I can't seem to know how to navigate around this website to find my previous posts. Anyway, in one of the questions for the principal applicant, "How many family members, including you, are in this application?" Do I include our son, who is a citizen, in the count?
If he is already Canadian citizen, the answer is, No.

Reactions: iamvenus

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I got a question regarding spousal proof. It states to provide letter, printed text messages etc.
When me and my spouse communicate via txt we use our mother tongue not english nor french. Do we have to provide certified translation for it?
No, you don't need to have them formally translated. You can just translate them yourselves.

djl2287

May 24, 2017
When you say your application has been rejected twice what do you mean? They sent the whole thing back to you without processing? In which case they should have pointed out what was missing
They did point it out and this is the section they highlighted. I tried sending it in with social media posts, wedding cards etc. from family and friends but it was returned.

Like I said in the above post, I think the issue is they want at least 1 document from 3 of those 6 categories. I obviously can’t provide anything for 5 of those categories so I have no clue what to do here.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
We added an additional page full of names.... If they don't care for over 5 people they'll ignore that page but I've met 40 of her family members and we wanted to document that. They won't penalise the extra page since they ask to attach extra pages if necessary.
Thanks for your response Jeff. We put my parents' name together, his parent's name together, and then 3 more people (since there are 5 rows provided to answer this question). Then in Question 11 of this form (the very last question) where they ask "Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?", we wrote down

"All of our family members, relatives, and friends know about our relationship. PRINCIPAL APPLICANT has met many of SPONSOR's family, relatives and friends, and SPONSOR has also met many of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT's. Our relationship is known to everybody in our lives. However, due to the limited space to answer PART C Question 7, we could only give details about seven individuals . Nonetheless, some of our friends and relatives whose names were not mentioned in PART C Question 7, have written letters to corroborate the authenticity of our relationship and to verify that we have a public relationship that is known and recognized by our friends and family. These letters are included in our application package under "Supporting Documents for Sponsored Person". The 20 photographs that we have submitted with the application also help prove that our relationship is publicly recognized."

What do you guys think of it?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
They did point it out and this is the section they highlighted. I tried sending it in with social media posts, wedding cards etc. from family and friends but it was returned.
Like I said in the above post, I think the issue is they want at least 1 document from 3 of those 6 categories. I obviously can’t provide anything for 5 of those categories so I have no clue what to do here.
1. Buy a Life Insurance Policy where you nominate her a beneficiary. It's not very expensive.
2. Ask your relatives/family members to write a letter confirming that your relationship genuine with dates when it started.
Attach it to the package with an explanatory letter why you can not provide more evidence but comply if they will request more.
If you need examples, PM me, I have some forms that might fit your needs.

Reactions: newbie19

Silentsoul06

May 25, 2017
Got a question - I am approved as eligible to sponsor my husband. His application is now in process at the visa office. Now is there a problem if I quit my job? I am a student and it's getting really difficult for me to study and work at the same time, especially in the last year of my degree.

Reactions: Source_Of_Smile

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi, my husband received a notice that i must submit schedule A form and that I will also receive the same request within 5 days, but i did not. However, i still went ahead and fill out Schedule A. Upon checking today, i noticed that I do not have the option to upload any documents in myCIC account. :(

Does anyone know what i can do? TIA!
Only the principal applicant fills that out. Not the sponsor

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello. Thanks for the reply. I am the applicant and yet i do not have the option to upload.
when did you apply? have you not received your application number and UCI?

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
a really confusing question. When i entered Canada, at the border, they messed up my name. Made my middle name first name, and first name as middle. So, I had been using the 2nd version (the Canadian border version) since ever. University, school and work has my 2nd version, whereas my passport and other official documents have my first version of name (as it was since birth).

I have this document from the Canada that says at the bottom that I am "ALSO KNOWN AS - 2nd version". I want to attach that document with my package that I want to sent, as my employment letter has that 2nd version name.

On the application forms, they ask if I had used any other names, and i answered NO to all of them. If I go back and answer them now, I will have to print the forms again and get my hubby to sign them again and send another courier (which will take another few weeks to get to me).

What is the short cut? Get another letter of employment with my 1st version name? Or attach this document from Canada that says that I also go by the 2nd version of name?

Please, let me know, as I was ready to post my package tomorrow, but my dad has me all confused.

Thank you.

Reactions: Johnson7771

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Got a question - I am approved as eligible to sponsor my husband. His application is now in process at the visa office. Now is there a problem if I quit my job? I am a student and it's getting really difficult for me to study and work at the same time, especially in the last year of my degree.
You can quit the job, that is not mandatory to do job.
When did you submit ur application, and how many days they took to give you Eligible Sponsor?

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I already submitted my Schedule A form on 10th May, but there is no response from cic, still it show, your additional document is uploaded. Anybody know, when i will get any response or medical request. How many days they took to change this status. Do i have to call cic call centre??

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello guys, my below timeline on my GCKey account is the same since March 7, 2017:

Where is this application? Details
Application status --------------------------We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility--------------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results------------------You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents--------- Not applicable.
Interview---------------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check---------------------------Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision---------------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there anyone in the same situation ? (Review of eligibility is taking too long)
Almost same thing...