+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey all,

In the IMM 0008 form they ask for the expiration date the National Identity Document. The thing is in my country the National Identity Document is basically a citizenship card and it has no expiration date, which makes sense since your citizenship is not something that expires. However, the form won't let me leave that spot blank either. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hey all,

In the IMM 0008 form they ask for the expiration date the National Identity Document. The thing is in my country the National Identity Document is basically a citizenship card and it has no expiration date, which makes sense since your citizenship is not something that expires. However, the form won't let me leave that spot blank either. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

did you try putting N/A? you're not to leave anything blank on any forms.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello guys, my below timeline on my GCKey account is the same since March 7, 2017:

Where is this application? Details
Application status --------------------------We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility--------------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results------------------You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents--------- Not applicable.
Interview---------------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check---------------------------Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision---------------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there anyone in the same situation ? (Review of eligibility is taking too long)

When did you apply?

Reactions: AvNv

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A citizenship card isn't a national identity document. Most countries, including Canada, don't actually issue one.

You should just select "No" for that section.

bkharu

Dec 15, 2016
"If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed."

Question: My wife is pregnant and I want her to stay in Canada while our application is processing and also take care of her while she is pregnant. How will it work with the interview if she gets called?

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
"If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed."

Question: My wife is pregnant and I want her to stay in Canada while our application is processing and also take care of her while she is pregnant. How will it work with the interview if she gets called?
If you apply outland, you must travel to the visa office where the application is being processed for your interview (if you are called for one). If you do not attend your interview, your application will be rejected. If your wife is unable to travel, you should apply inland so that she can attend her interview, if necessary.

Reactions: bkharu

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you apply outland and she is called for an interview, she will have to travel to her country for it. IRCC won't adjust the process because she is pregnant.

Reactions: bkharu

killua06

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017 Received 21-04-2017
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
File Transfer...
31-07-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Hello guys, my below timeline on my GCKey account is the same since March 7, 2017:

Where is this application? Details
Application status --------------------------We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility--------------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results------------------You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents--------- Not applicable.
Interview---------------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check---------------------------Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision---------------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is there anyone in the same situation ? (Review of eligibility is taking too long)

Did they ask for your schedule A form?

Thank you :)

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey folks,

I am currently working on my IMM 5532 form (Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation), and had some questions. I am the principal applicant and my husband is the sponsor.

Part B Question 2: "Do you have any relatives (including aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) living in Canada? If yes, give their full names(s), address(es) and relationship to you."

I have many first cousins in Canada but only one that I'm actually constantly in touch with and have a good relation with. Do I need to list ALL my cousins and relatives living in Canada or can I just list the one that I am in touch with. Also, note that my cousin who I talk to often is not siblings with my other Canadian cousins who I haven't talked to in ages. They're also all cousins.

Part C
Question 1: When was the first time you met in person? Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?

This is a very confusing question for us because my husband and I have known each other for a very long time before we started dating. We went to high school together and then completely lost touch with each other after HS graduation (like I did with many other kids in my class). We then met each other again 10 years later at our high school reunion and after that we kept in touch. Shortly afterwards, he asked me out and we started dating.

Now my husband and I have had disagreements on what answer to write down for this question. He thinks that since the question is asking for the FIRST TIME (WE) MET IN PERSON, we should say that we went to high school together and that's how we met. But then I feel that that implies that we've been together since high school which is absolutely not the case. I suggested we put the date of the HS reunion which was the first time we met since HS and that was also when he got interested in me and started pursuing me. It made sense to me since Part C is information about the relationship. But then again, that is NOT the first time we met.

He then suggested that for question 2 (Did you have any contact before you met in person? If yes, give details) even though our answer is 'No' we can write a note in that space saying something like "Even though we answered 'No', we want to explain that we lost contact after our high school graduation. Ten years later, on MONTH DD, YYYY, we met again at our high school reunion at LOCATION in CITY. After that, we were constantly in touch with other via text message and phone calls. We then started dating on DATE when sponsor asked principal applicant out."

I don't know how I feel about writing in the space provided for "If yes, give details" when our answer to the preceding question was 'No'. Do you think this will be a problem? Currently I'm leaning towards his suggestion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hey folks,

I am currently working on my IMM 5532 form (Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation), and had some questions. I am the principal applicant and my husband is the sponsor.

Part B Question 2: "Do you have any relatives (including aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) living in Canada? If yes, give their full names(s), address(es) and relationship to you."

I have many first cousins in Canada but only one that I'm actually constantly in touch with and have a good relation with. Do I need to list ALL my cousins and relatives living in Canada or can I just list the one that I am in touch with. Also, note that my cousin who I talk to often is not siblings with my other Canadian cousins who I haven't talked to in ages. They're also all cousins.

Part C
Question 1:
When was the first time you met in person? Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?

This is a very confusing question for us because my husband and I have known each other for a very long time before we started dating. We went to high school together and then completely lost touch with each other after HS graduation (like I did with many other kids in my class). We then met each other again 10 years later at our high school reunion and after that we kept in touch. Shortly afterwards, he asked me out and we started dating.

Now my husband and I have had disagreements on what answer to write down for this question. He thinks that since the question is asking for the FIRST TIME (WE) MET IN PERSON, we should say that we went to high school together and that's how we met. But then I feel that that implies that we've been together since high school which is absolutely not the case. I suggested we put the date of the HS reunion which was the first time we met since HS and that was also when he got interested in me and started pursuing me. It made sense to me since Part C is information about the relationship. But then again, that is NOT the first time we met.

He then suggested that for question 2 (Did you have any contact before you met in person? If yes, give details) even though our answer is 'No' we can write a note in that space saying something like "Even though we answered 'No', we want to explain that we lost contact after our high school graduation. Ten years later, on MONTH DD, YYYY, we met again at our high school reunion at LOCATION in CITY. After that, we were constantly in touch with other via text message and phone calls. We then started dating on DATE when sponsor asked principal applicant out."

I don't know how I feel about writing in the space provided for "If yes, give details" when our answer to the preceding question was 'No'. Do you think this will be a problem? Currently I'm leaning towards his suggestion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest being honest. It won't be a problem regardless if it's the actual truth. I don't think you should right no though. Since you actually met in person beforehand.

Blessedgrl

May 20, 2017
Hello,please I want to know how long I have to live in Canada as a new PR card holder,to be able to sponsor my spouse and kids..
I ll appreciate your response..
Thank you..
you can start sponsoring them right away but I thing they require you to have some kind of stablishment here like a job and so on..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Do I need to list ALL my cousins and relatives living in Canada or can I just list the one that I am in touch with.

Part C
Question 1:
When was the first time you met in person? Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?

B2. Yes, you need to list all of your cousins regardless of whether you are in contact or not.

C1. First time you met in person is pretty self-explanatory. You met in high school. Stating that does not imply that you have been together since then. In the description, you can just state what you wrote here.

C2. Answer is straight up "No", so don't write anything for that question.

Reactions: jptskt

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
I am a Dutch citizen and married to a Canadian citizen we applied the spousal application on 2007 and found out in 2016 from CBSA office that our spousal application was refused on 2015 I came to Canada in 2011 and stay here till 2014 as a visitor because my application took long time with no answer from immigration and every year i extend my visitor record but in 2014 they didn't extended so we my wife and daughter went to the Netherlands for two months and when we came back to Canada at the airport the CBSA officer stooped us and seized my passport saying that I am inadmissible and you have to hire a lawyer so I did and I got a date for hearing at the IAD and the decision was that there was not enough evidence for inadmissibility but to remain in Canada the IAD send me back to CBSA for further examination so when I went there they give me an exclusion order because my passport which was seized by them is now expired ( I didn't had it to extend it) and also they told me that my spousal application was refused based on my inadmissibility so we went back to our lawyer and she put two application for judicial review and leave but unfortunately the federal court has dismissed my case and now I am looking for any any other options to stay here because if I go back I don't see any other option to reunite with my family as we tried first to settle down in the Netherlands but it was not possible too so pleas pleas advise me if there is any other solution to this .
Thanks in advance
Omg so was your application processing from 2007 to 2014 ?!!! Whats the reason it is taking this long