VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
B2. Yes, you need to list all of your cousins regardless of whether you are in contact or not.

C1. First time you met in person is pretty self-explanatory. You met in high school. Stating that does not imply that you have been together since then. In the description, you can just state what you wrote here.

C2. Answer is straight up "No", so don't write anything for that question.
Thanks for your response canuck_in_uk. But there is very little space in the Describe the circumstances of your first meeting box. It can barely fit 2 sentences. Right now for that part we have written down "We were attending the same high school and were in the same graduating class."

That being said, this doesn't give a true picture of the inception of our relationship which is why we want to let the IO looking at our case know about the 10 year HS reunion where we met/saw each other after 10 years and he started pursuing me. I guess writing this in Question 11 where it asks for Is there more information you wish to share support your relationship is the best option we have.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Guys, another question regarding IMM 5532 (Relationship information and Sponsorship evaluation)

PART C Question 7

Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?
Our answer is YES

If yes, give details below.

Now, both our family members, close relatives, and friends know about our relationship. The form provides space for 5 names only. Do we just choose the best 5 options and list them in the space provided for this answer or attach a separate sheet of paper with a longer list of family, relatives, and friends who know about our relationship. I mean, that just doesn't sound right. What did the rest of you do?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your response canuck_in_uk. But there is very little space in the Describe the circumstances of your first meeting box. It can barely fit 2 sentences. Right now for that part we have written down "We were attending the same high school and were in the same graduating class."
Just continue your explanation on an additional page.

PART C Question 7
Our answer is YES

Now, both our family members, close relatives, and friends know about our relationship. The form provides space for 5 names only. Do we just choose the best 5 options and list them in the space provided for this answer or attach a separate sheet of paper with a longer list of family, relatives, and friends who know about our relationship. I mean, that just doesn't sound right. What did the rest of you do?
If they wanted more names, they would have provided more spaces. You can combine some, i.e. Jane and John Smith - sponsor parents.

Reactions: jptskt

djl2287

May 24, 2017
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my wife who lives in the US. We have never lived together, share no bills or co-own no homes. We have never shared an address. We've never even lived in the same country. We've been together for 7 years and made it work to this point and provided ample evidence to support this.

Therefore I'm not sure what I'm supposed to provide for the following:

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:

-Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal applicant; (minimum 1 document)

-Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone) (minimum 1 document)

-Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification documents, driver's licenses, insurance policies etc.

-Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)

-Documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself

-Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (eg. letters, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.)

My application has been rejected twice. I have no idea what to do. Any thoughts?

L.G.O.

May 24, 2017
Hi,
I got a question regarding spousal proof. It states to provide letter, printed text messages etc.
When me and my spouse communicate via txt we use our mother tongue not english nor french. Do we have to provide certified translation for it?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello

15 months waiting still no passport request or even interview
it's a longtime. did you double check that you haven't been asked to provide any additional documents? have you been logging in both the sponsor and applicant's side of the ecas?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi,
I got a question regarding spousal proof. It states to provide letter, printed text messages etc.
When me and my spouse communicate via txt we use our mother tongue not english nor french. Do we have to provide certified translation for it?
Must be translated if using that route.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my wife who lives in the US. We have never lived together, share no bills or co-own no homes. We have never shared an address. We've never even lived in the same country. We've been together for 7 years and made it work to this point and provided ample evidence to support this.

-Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal applicant; (minimum 1 document)

-Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone) (minimum 1 document)

-Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification documents, driver's licenses, insurance policies etc.

did you try "Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (eg. letters, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.)" ? seems like the easiest route in your case.
-Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or insurance benefits)

-Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (eg. letters, social media information showing a public relationship, etc.)

My application has been rejected twice. I have no idea what to do. Any thoughts?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

I think I have asked this question already a year ago but I have completely forgotten and I can't seem to know how to navigate around this website to find my previous posts. Anyway, in one of the questions for the principal applicant, "How many family members, including you, are in this application?" Do I include our son, who is a citizen, in the count?

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hi all,

When you say your application has been rejected twice what do you mean? They sent the whole thing back to you without processing? In which case they should have pointed out what was missing

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Guys, another question regarding IMM 5532 (Relationship information and Sponsorship evaluation)

PART C Question 7

Our answer is YES

We added an additional page full of names.... If they don't care for over 5 people they'll ignore that page but I've met 40 of her family members and we wanted to document that. They won't penalise the extra page since they ask to attach extra pages if necessary.

Reactions: jptskt