+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vkay

Aug 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
Outland applications certainly do not take 26 months. even in the extreme cases (not including appeals). more than likely, the real processing time is half or less than half the time posted on the cic website. the times posted on the website for outland applications is NOT an average, so if you see 26 months referenced, that does not suggest the "average" is 26 months. it suggests 80% of applications are processed WITHIN that time, and a majority are actually processed a lot quicker than that... what country are you from?
Thanks for encouragement but I spoke to some law firm in Canada and they mention the same. 26months whether its inland or from my home country Pakistan..

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
vkay said:
Thanks for encouragement but I spoke to some law firm in Canada and they mention the same. 26months whether its inland or from my home country Pakistan..
Ditch the law firm. They sound like they don't really know what they're talking about. Many people on here have been given bad advice from lawyers and consultants. Unless you have a complicated case (criminality, for example), there's no reason to use a lawyer.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
hello guys, i became pr on oct 2015 and it was conditional for 2 years. something happened my wife she pressed fake charges on me for assault and i got arrested and they released me on condition to not see her till next court date. presently i have to leave home with my stuff and i cant contact her dorectly or indirectly. so in this case do cic gonna revoke my pr status?

prove1989

May 28, 2016
Hello guys!
This forum is very helpful, and I found answers to many of my questions and concerns, so I hope somebody will be able to help me with this one:
I am on PGWP (issued for 3 years) and plan to get married to a guy with PR Card. We have been together for 3 years,and for 2,5 years have been living together in Canada.
When we get married will my status as a worker with PGWP be revoked or it will still be valid so I will be able to work while waiting for my PR Card?
I may be mistaken but a non PR wife has to wait for her work permit to be issued by CIC. How will it work in my case?
I would really appreciate your help guys.
Maybe some of you have been in this situation.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
hi , is there a specific New zealand /australian to canada thread to join for 2016 ? if so can someone link it please , i tried the search function , but it only brings up older ones . cheers

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Hi everyone. I thought I should introduce myself, so here goes.

I'm Canadian, have lived in Australia for 10 years (Perth for 9 of those years) and am now sponsoring my partner so we can move home. He's English, but has lived here for 30 years. I'm originally from southern Ontario but we're looking at moving to the BC interior.

We're a little worried because we've only been in a relationship for about 18 months but lived together for the last 12. We're not sure that CIC will think we're a genuine couple or not since we haven't been together for ages. We're also not young (I'm 53, he's 54) so we don't have tons of photos of us together or lots of Facebook stuff. We've also both been divorced twice - which is why we're common-law and not getting married. On the plus side we have plenty of statements from friends and from both my daughter and one of his kids (he has 6).

His police check has been applied for, medical is booked for Monday the 11th and everything is all printed out ready to be sent as soon as the AFP check comes.

Tevenneely

Jul 8, 2016
Hey I'm applying for common law inland and my situation is that I am a student who has no been in school for about a year and me and my girlfriend are becoming commonlaw this month, would I have any problems applying because I was not active in school? Another question is that I'm not able to get messages from since we started talking any advice on how to go about make no sure I'm in the clear with everything ?

Thanks

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hello Everyone.

I have a question I hope somebody will help me.
When the PR is under process can the person (PR applicant) submit the spousal sponsorship of the husband or no?
Or the applicant should wait to get the PR and then submit husband's application for sponsorship.

If anyone had experience please kindly let me know.

Thanks.
Mithra

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mithra31 said:
Hello Everyone.

I have a question I hope somebody will help me.
When the PR is under process can the person (PR applicant) submit the spousal sponsorship of the husband or no?
Or the applicant should wait to get the PR and then submit husband's application for sponsorship.

If anyone had experience please kindly let me know.

Thanks.
Mithra
No - they can't. If someone gets married while their PR application is in progress, they MUST notify their visa office that they have gotten married and add their spouse as a dependent to their existing PR application.

OhCanada77

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
England
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Some of the info in the original post here from 2010 is now out of date. Is there anyway to update links etc?...

Just thinking if people come here for info, they may end up being misinformed?

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
scylla said:
No - they can't. If someone gets married while their PR application is in progress, they MUST notify their visa office that they have gotten married and add their spouse as a dependent to their existing PR application.
Thank you very much, so then when they received the PR then submit the application for spousal sponsorship. Right?

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hello,

Pelipeli in the forums had sent three envelopes but dont u thibnk it is wise to send only two.
One carrying SPonsor forms and

Second carrying SPonsored Forms and Proofs.

KIndly reply

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
DollyM said:
We're a little worried because we've only been in a relationship for about 18 months but lived together for the last 12. We're not sure that CIC will think we're a genuine couple or not since we haven't been together for ages. We're also not young (I'm 53, he's 54) so we don't have tons of photos of us together or lots of Facebook stuff. We've also both been divorced twice - which is why we're common-law and not getting married. On the plus side we have plenty of statements from friends and from both my daughter and one of his kids (he has 6).
No need to be worried. For a Canadian-Australian couple, that's perfectly fine. Provided you have sufficient common-law proofs, you should have no issues.

Tevenneely said:
Hey I'm applying for common law inland and my situation is that I am a student who has no been in school for about a year and me and my girlfriend are becoming commonlaw this month, would I have any problems applying because I was not active in school? Another question is that I'm not able to get messages from since we started talking any advice on how to go about make no sure I'm in the clear with everything ?
Students are required to be actively pursuing their education. As you haven't been in school for a year, you have failed to meet that requirement and therefore will be considered out of status. That will definitely affect your app.

Mithra31 said:
Thank you very much, so then when they received the PR then submit the application for spousal sponsorship. Right?
No. As scylla said, the spouse must be ADDED to the current application and will become a PR at the same time. If you get married and land without adding your spouse, you will never be able to sponsor them.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Mithra31 said:
Everything you have been told above is correct but I have one question for you.

Where you married before you applied for PR or after the application?