Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Sous02 said:
As another person suggested include your declaration and write a letter explaining your circumstances. Clearly make note of the declaration signed by your ex. I would not talk about why your divorce settlement does not deal with custody as that may open a can of worms. That is me trying to understand what may be the issue from the VO's point of view. Given that they asked for information that you already included I am inclined to believe they have misplaced the original documents.
thanks once again. I will then send them again a copy of the BC they requested and a copy of the declaration form. In the letter that I am going to make, how will I explain to them I haven't got any custody papers without mentioning our divorce settlement? Shall I just tell them that I have The declaration formed signed by my EX which is a clear indication he is allowing the child to come to Canada and live with me permanently. Another thing, the child is turning 16 already this coming October, if I go to the court get custody agreements done, as I know in the Philippines it will take years before a decision is made. The child might be 18 years old then and the custody agreement is not done yet. I find it pointless to do this because after two years the child wont need permission from her father anymore. She can then travel here without going through custody issues. I wonder if I can include that in the letter? What else can I mention in the letter which could convince VO I don't need to secure custody papers? this is a bit tough, thank you guys for your help

Tinzy

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys, just to clarify.The spousal application form and open work permit should be in the same envelope and sent to missisauga?And when it comes to the back of the envelope i should write SPONSORSHIP: Spousal with Open work permit?
Secondly, me and my sponsor does not have dependents, should we include IMM008Dep form(dependants declaration form).

JetsFan

Jan 25, 2016
Hi Folks I had a question regarding application status.

After you send in the application how do you go about checking the status ? I went to the CIC website and their portal for checking status but I do not have a Client ID/UCI, I only have the receipt number RXXXXXXXXX and I punch that in but don't get a status update. Whose last name should I be putting in when checking status ? Mine (sponsor) or wife's ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cariie up said:
In the letter that I am going to make, how will I explain to them I haven't got any custody papers without mentioning our divorce settlement?

What else can I mention in the letter which could convince VO I don't need to secure custody papers? this is a bit tough, thank you guys for your help
Honestly, don't bother mentioning any of that. State that you included the IMM5604 in the application, which gives you legal permission from the other parent to bring the child to Canada, therefore custody papers aren't required. Ask them in big letters if they have lost that form and require another. Also inform them that you are contacting your MP about this, as they are causing unnecessary delays to your app by requesting information that they don't need.

vkay

Aug 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You basically have three options: visitor visa, study permit and work permit. If the study permit has already been refused - the visitor visa likely will be as well (however you can certainly try). To qualify to apply for a work permit, your spouse would first need to secure a full time job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA. If none of these are possible, you will have to move to Canada ahead of your spouse to submit the sponsorship application and remain in Canada while the application is processed. Your spouse will then be able to come to Canada once the application is approved. Good luck.
Thanks for details, I don't see a chance of LMIA as such, I don't seem to have enough points to renounce and re-apply for PR. processing time for PR seem to be 26 month both inland and outland.. thats a miserable situation I must say.. :(

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
vkay said:
Thanks for details, I don't see a chance of LMIA as such, I don't seem to have enough points to renounce and re-apply for PR. processing time for PR seem to be 26 month both inland and outland.. thats a miserable situation I must say.. :(
Outland applications certainly do not take 26 months. even in the extreme cases (not including appeals). more than likely, the real processing time is half or less than half the time posted on the cic website. the times posted on the website for outland applications is NOT an average, so if you see 26 months referenced, that does not suggest the "average" is 26 months. it suggests 80% of applications are processed WITHIN that time, and a majority are actually processed a lot quicker than that... what country are you from?

Waslith

Mar 2, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
Outland applications certainly do not take 26 months. even in the extreme cases (not including appeals). more than likely, the real processing time is half or less than half the time posted on the cic website. the times posted on the website for outland applications is NOT an average, so if you see 26 months referenced, that does not suggest the "average" is 26 months. it suggests 80% of applications are processed WITHIN that time, and a majority are actually processed a lot quicker than that... what country are you from?
Hi,hope you're doing well. I actually need a little help please. I just received my UCI by mail but am not sure if its only now that they are looking into my file because it said application in process since april and medicals received.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Waslith said:
Hi,hope you're doing well. I actually need a little help please. I just received my UCI by mail but am not sure if its only now that they are looking into my file because it said application in process since april and medicals received.
\if your status is "in process", generally, yes that means the application is being looking at the file. how long it takes depends on the visa office and the officer. there are many cases where the applicant stays "in process" for many months. to know the trend at your visa office, you need to go to the thread specific for that office.

sreenathvs

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Passport Req..
Waiting
My doubt is, if the immigration officers find something suspicious in our file will they decide to go for the interview or will they contact as asking for additional documents or telephonic interview?

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
vkay said:
Thanks for details, I don't soee a chance of LMIA as such, I don't seem to have enough points to renounce and re-apply for PR. processing time for PR seem to be 26 month both inland and outland.. thats a miserable situation I must say.. :(
Ours took 21 months, USA to Canada, and the case sat for 9 months, the emed file couldn't be opened by CIC ( 3.5 months to figure out) and change in photos sizes ( two weeks) after interview and we had rehab issues....

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Guys do I have to include the right of the permanent residence fee with the application ? or will be requested later?

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
canuck_in_uk said:
Honestly, don't bother mentioning any of that. State that you included the IMM5604 in the application, which gives you legal permission from the other parent to bring the child to Canada, therefore custody papers aren't required. Ask them in big letters if they have lost that form and require another. Also inform them that you are contacting your MP about this, as they are causing unnecessary delays to your app by requesting information that they don't need.
Thanks a lot for your advice. I now have a clue on how to deal with the issue. I am actually in contact with our MP as I don't know what else to do. Fingers crossed there will be no more bumps after this. I will keep you guys posted. Again, thank you very much.

getglad

Jun 13, 2016
Hello!! A decision was made for my partner's visa today! The processing office was Ottawa. As we are living in Australia the email they sent asked us to send a copy of his passport (he only requires at ETA for travel to Canada), 2 more photos and a copy of the email they sent to the consulate in Sydney. Once we do this any idea how long it takes to receive the COPR? I have updated the outland spreadsheet with the timeline so far.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
getglad said:
Hello!! A decision was made for my partner's visa today! The processing office was Ottawa. As we are living in Australia the email they sent asked us to send a copy of his passport (he only requires at ETA for travel to Canada), 2 more photos and a copy of the email they sent to the consulate in Sydney. Once we do this any idea how long it takes to receive the COPR? I have updated the outland spreadsheet with the timeline so far.
It will probably only take a few weeks at most. I got my COPR one week after DM, but I am in Canada and did not get a request for the copy of my passport. Ottawa is usually fast, so it shouldn't be too long now.