+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

heidiandgoats

Aug 13, 2014
I plan on mailing my outland PR application soon (in a week or two) because my Canadian husband and I are planning on going to the U.S. at that time (I'm American). I haven't received my FBI clearance paper yet and I sent off for that about the end of April. If I don't receive it soon, can I send in the application without it and send it later? Will this cause a huge delay and/or will it cause a problem at the border? Thanks in advance for any info on this.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Should I include the right of permanent residence fee with the application?

or will it be requested later?

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Hello everyone, immigration sent me a letter asking me to submit a copy of the birth certificate of my 15 years old dependant child, as well as proof of custody. I am 100% sure that I have included her birth certificate in my application package that I have sent to them. But I can submit another one if I have to. What I am not sure about is the proof of custody. My ex has signed the statutory declaration form for non-accompanying parent, it has been notarized as well. This was also included in the package that I sent. My question is, is this form not a proof of custody?. If not, what proof of custody is acceptable to them?I am asked to submit the said papers within 60 days upon receipt of the letter. I do have another copy of her BC, but as to custody papers, i only have the declaration of non-accompanying parent. Please if anybody in this group could give me an advise on what i should do in case the signed declaration form from my ex is not accepted as proof of custody.
Thank you so much and i appreciate every response that i may get.

mimijane

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
SA 06-04-2016
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT, p/port copy req 28th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
18th September 2016
cjg1987 said:
Should I include the right of permanent residence fee with the application?

or will it be requested later?
We didn't pay this up front. We got the request to pay, along with a few other requests to supply additional documents all at the same time. So it would not have changed the speed of approval etc anyway if we had paid at the time of submitting the application.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
cariie up said:
Hello everyone, immigration sent me a letter asking me to submit a copy of the birth certificate of my 15 years old dependant child, as well as proof of custody. I am 100% sure that I have included her birth certificate in my application package that I have sent to them. But I can submit another one if I have to. What I am not sure about is the proof of custody. My ex has signed the statutory declaration form for non-accompanying parent, it has been notarized as well. This was also included in the package that I sent. My question is, is this form not a proof of custody?. If not, what proof of custody is acceptable to them?I am asked to submit the said papers within 60 days upon receipt of the letter. I do have another copy of her BC, but as to custody papers, i only have the declaration of non-accompanying parent. Please if anybody in this group could give me an advise on what i should do in case the signed declaration form from my ex is not accepted as proof of custody.
Thank you so much and i appreciate every response that i may get.
Do you have a divorce settlement that outlines custody arrangements? That is the only thing I can think of. That or they lost your declaration with the bc.

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
Has anybody else experienced difficulty with the forms text boxes layout? I'm finding the typed text is off set to the horizontal lines provided by the document it's self. I'm opening the documents using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. I don't want to have to fill in the forms by hand. This is particularly an issue on Form 5490E.

ohhhhcanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
JMilne said:
Has anybody else experienced difficulty with the forms text boxes layout? I'm finding the typed text is off set to the horizontal lines provided by the document it's self. I'm opening the documents using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. I don't want to have to fill in the forms by hand. This is particularly an issue on Form 5490E.
Hi there, my husband had issues with this document, it was actually impossible for him to fill out from several PC's and web browser's, even with latest adobe. As I could do from my PC from work (I also could not get it done from home). I fill out everything and send to him the document.
I could only open and fill out the document on IE 11.0 . I do not know if it has something to do with that, but then I typed http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5490E.pdf in the browser...and saved. But in order to start typing, I had to click on top right "Highlight Existing Fields". I could not type properly unless I would click on that first. Some other files we did not need to click on the "Highlight Existing Fields" first....
Sorry to hear about that. This 5490 and 0008 was very difficult to fill out.
Hope this helps!

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Thanks for replying. No, I don't have any, but he signed the declaration form I needed. So in my case, do I have to go to the court to get this done? I honestly don't know what to do

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
cariie up said:
Thanks for replying. No, I don't have any, but he signed the declaration form I needed. So in my case, do I have to go to the court to get this done? I honestly don't know what to do
This is a tough situation. Not sure how you could get a divorce without the custody issue being addressed and this may be CIC's question as well. Their concern is that the father may have rights to custody especially visitation. The declaration should have been enough. Have you written a letter explaining the circumstances?

San02

Jul 5, 2016
I sent my Application on may 27th.
Application received on June 1st

My ecas status

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2016.
Medical results have been received

I forgot to update my martial status in CRA when i sent an application.In option C form and in Notice of Assessment it appears single under martial status.
Just updated my Martial Status.

Does it really matters with my application process?

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
ticky said:
I have a question regarding the Sponsorship Evaluation form.

My wife/sponsor is currently unemployed. I've read elsewhere that this shouldn't affect the application, though I'm wondering what specifically I should put in the field that asks for "details on your current situation and indicate how you support yourself". She quit her previous job due to stress and now I support her. Should I just put that or come up with something else that could be less detrimental to my application?
Honesty is invariably the best policy. CIC's concern is that you will not end up on welfare once you move to Canada. Since from other posts it seems you are already in Canada and employed, this should be no concern.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
San02 said:
I forgot to update my martial status in CRA when i sent an application.In option C form and in Notice of Assessment it appears single under martial status.
Just updated my Martial Status.

Does it really matters with my application process?
No, it won't have any effect on the app.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
heidiandgoats said:
I plan on mailing my outland PR application soon (in a week or two) because my Canadian husband and I are planning on going to the U.S. at that time (I'm American). I haven't received my FBI clearance paper yet and I sent off for that about the end of April. If I don't receive it soon, can I send in the application without it and send it later? Will this cause a huge delay and/or will it cause a problem at the border? Thanks in advance for any info on this.
I had the same issue and my documents were ready but I had to get the clearance from India because my husband lived there for 2 years. I called CIC and asked them if it was okay to send the application and submit the clearance later on. I was told, my application will be returned and even if I put an explanation letter, it is up to the visa office to accept it or not and they will not process my application unless they have it. So I'm waiting to get that now. I'm not sure about the US applicants but that's what I've been dealing for past couple of weeks. Our clearance will take 4-6 weeks so most likely, I will have to submit everything in August.

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
Any DM today guys???

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ticky said:
I have a question regarding the Sponsorship Evaluation form.

My wife/sponsor is currently unemployed. I've read elsewhere that this shouldn't affect the application, though I'm wondering what specifically I should put in the field that asks for "details on your current situation and indicate how you support yourself". She quit her previous job due to stress and now I support her. Should I just put that or come up with something else that could be less detrimental to my application?
She doesn't have to say why she quit. Or even that she quit. Do you have savings? Just use the term "we" when writing about finances. She could say something like "Currently taking time off from working to [write a novel], we support ourselves through [Ticky's income as a forum poster] and we have [$xxx.xx] in savings. ". You can go on to describe your plans upon landing and so on. Don't lie, but you can say what she's doing with her time without saying why she quit.