+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
xls said:
Everything you have been told above is correct but I have one question for you.

Where you married before you applied for PR or after the application?
My application is in process and I was single when applied for PR, now planning to get married and add my husband in my application and then I may receive my PR. Because it takes a couple more months.

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
xls said:
Everything you have been told above is correct but I have one question for you.

Where you married before you applied for PR or after the application?
I was told to wait until you get the PR then submit ur sponsorship file. ☹☹

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Mithra31 said:
Please do not do that, you will never be able to sponsor him.

This is a change in your family structure, therefore you must inform CIC immediately.

Have him do a medicals and police report now, raise a CSE, include his passport data page, marriage certificate, some marriage photos, his medicals and police certificates and a comprehensive letter of explanation.

Second option will be to wait until your application is approved and you have LANDED before getting married. That way you can sponsor him after marriage

Congratulations on your marriage and good luck with CIC.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mithra31 said:
That will be considered misrepresentation and your PR would be revoked .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mithra31 said:
My application is in process and I was single when applied for PR, now planning to get married and add my husband in my application and then I may receive my PR. Because it takes a couple more months.
You have two options.

1) You wait with the marriage until you get your PR. Once you get your PR and land as a PR, you can get married and then you can sponsor your husband. Note that as a PR sponsor, you must be living in Canada during the processing time so you may be separated from your husband for months.

2) Or get married now and notify the visa office immediately about the marriage and that you need to add your husband to your application. You will need to re-do all paperwork of your application that would include your husband and your husband has to apply for his PR too. He will need back ground checks and medicals. If he fails the background checks or medicals, neither of you will be able to get PR.

What is absolutely NOT an option would be to get married now and not notify the visa office, get your PR as a single person and then try to sponsor your husband. During your application process, you must immediately notify immigration if there are any changes in your family composition. Not doing that, basically getting married and landing as married on a visa you got when you were single, would be classified as misrepresentation. It would prevent you from ever sponsoring your husband and could cause your own PR to be revoked.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohan99 said:
How many envelopes should be sent
SPonsor & SPonsored?
I included everything in one envelope , sending 2 separate envelopes will makes each envelope an incomplete application .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mohan99 said:
How many envelopes should be sent
SPonsor & SPonsored?
Most people separate the app into 3 envelopes: sponsor forms/documents, applicant forms/documents and relationship proofs.

TANMEX said:
I included everything in one envelope , sending 2 separate envelopes will makes each envelope an incomplete application .
The envelopes aren't sent separately. They are put into one bigger envelope and sent together.

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hi,

My friend has prepared his application to sponsor his wife. Now he is confused as to which address he should send the application. Due to the Canada post strike, he wants to send the application by courier and application package includes his wife's Work permit application also. Does the application should go to the address below? And is it okay to send the OWP and Sponsorship application in one package to this address?

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Jul 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

I posted this in another thread, but then I saw that this one has more pages. I am posting here too because I thought maybe more people come here and will have a better chance at seeing this post.

I am having some trouble and I don't even know who to ask. I met my wife in 2008 through a dating service website in China. We got married three years ago in China, and hired a lawyer to applied for her immigration in Canada. I come back and forth between China and Canada.

It was denied because they said we missed an interview in Hong Kong. I live in Canada and she lives a few hours away from Hong Kong, but the problem was we were never informed of this interview. The lawyer said he was not informed, I never received any mail, call, email... nothing.

Once we found out, the lawyer said he submitted an appeal. That was in January 2015. We have not really heard from anyone since then. No news, no updates. Lawyer says the immigration people says it is still processing, but it has been over 1.5 years. Also, the lawyer told us we can't go through ADR. I don't know why.

Can anyone help me? Is this normal? Is the lawyer playing tricks to get us to pay more money somehow? Is is normal to not go through ADR. I want to go back to China to see my wife, but I am afraid they will ask to interview me in Canada and I have to rush back or I can't make it back.

Please, I miss my wife, and she misses me, but we can't be together... Our marriage is strained because of this. She thinks I am lying to her. Please help me.

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Leon said:
You have two options.

1) You wait with the marriage until you get your PR. Once you get your PR and land as a PR, you can get married and then you can sponsor your husband. Note that as a PR sponsor, you must be living in Canada during the processing time so you may be separated from your husband for months.

2) Or get married now and notify the visa office immediately about the marriage and that you need to add your husband to your application. You will need to re-do all paperwork of your application that would include your husband and your husband has to apply for his PR too. He will need back ground checks and medicals. If he fails the background checks or medicals, neither of you will be able to get PR.

What is absolutely NOT an option would be to get married now and not notify the visa office, get your PR as a single person and then try to sponsor your husband. During your application process, you must immediately notify immigration if there are any changes in your family composition. Not doing that, basically getting married and landing as married on a visa you got when you were single, would be classified as misrepresentation. It would prevent you from ever sponsoring your husband and could cause your own PR to be revoked.
Thank you very much for the information it's much helpful.
Amazing and very helpful forum

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
NeedLotsOfHelp said:
Hello everyone,

I posted this in another thread, but then I saw that this one has more pages. I am posting here too because I thought maybe more people come here and will have a better chance at seeing this post.

I am having some trouble and I don't even know who to ask. I met my wife in 2008 through a dating service website in China. We got married three years ago in China, and hired a lawyer to applied for her immigration in Canada. I come back and forth between China and Canada.

It was denied because they said we missed an interview in Hong Kong. I live in Canada and she lives a few hours away from Hong Kong, but the problem was we were never informed of this interview. The lawyer said he was not informed, I never received any mail, call, email... nothing.

Once we found out, the lawyer said he submitted an appeal. That was in January 2015. We have not really heard from anyone since then. No news, no updates. Lawyer says the immigration people says it is still processing, but it has been over 1.5 years. Also, the lawyer told us we can't go through ADR. I don't know why.

Can anyone help me? Is this normal? Is the lawyer playing tricks to get us to pay more money somehow? Is is normal to not go through ADR. I want to go back to China to see my wife, but I am afraid they will ask to interview me in Canada and I have to rush back or I can't make it back.

Please, I miss my wife, and she misses me, but we can't be together... Our marriage is strained because of this. She thinks I am lying to her. Please help me.
Post your question to the appeals thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.7710.html

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
hi guys,
I need some help with a question in regards to Travel document issuance from Islamabad. I was not sure where to post this question.
My wife is in Karachi, Pakistan right now and she needs to apply for a travel document from Islamabad because there is some issue with getting her PR card because of the Canada Post strike. My question is that can we go to Islamabad office DIRECTLY to obtain a travel document the same day or do we have to send her passport through mail from Karachi to Islamabad and then wait to receive it back?
Secondly, how long is it taking for Islamabad office to issue travel documents? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Joejo said:
Hi,

My friend has prepared his application to sponsor his wife. Now he is confused as to which address he should send the application. Due to the Canada post strike, he wants to send the application by courier and application package includes his wife's Work permit application also. Does the application should go to the address below? And is it okay to send the OWP and Sponsorship application in one package to this address?

Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

yes, you can use Fed Ex or UPS

currysmuggler

Jul 10, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My husband has his PR Interview on the 26th of july in Etobicoke. I am the sponsor and also a Canadian Citizen. Can anyone share with me what documents they brought to the interview? And perhaps a list of odd questions they might ask. I read the post with 100 questions and we have those completed.

Thanks so much,