July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
kangamoose said:
Nowhere in you're original post did you ask this. It will depend on your visa office if you will get them back, I've heard of some people getting documents such as birth and marriage certificates returned. Why did you send original educational documents? This is not a requirement for spousal sponsorship..

You will need to contact the visa office and request them back, send them an email with your application number and UCI and outline your situation.

As for divorce papers, depending on your province you need to be separated for a certain period of time before you can file for divorce. Consult with a family lawyer to get a better understanding of that process.
thanks for the advice.
i'm a Pakistani national that's why cic asked me to send the original educational documents. canadian province is ontario where he lives

hasankhandhaka

Jan 1, 2015
No one replied my query , I believe it got unnoticed, that's why I am resubmitting it again.

I am seeking advise from seniors.

I am a Canadian PR holder residing in Toronto, Originally I am from Bangladesh, came here in Student visa and settled in Canada through Canadian Experience Class Category.
I met a girl here in Toronto who is a Bangladeshi national and her status was refuge at that moment as she applied for political asylum, later on her refuge application was rejected and she is waiting to leave the country.

We are in deep love and we want to get married, now my question is in our scenario what would be the best option, inland or outland? if she applies inland will be there any problem as she does not have any valid visa at this moment and she is waiting to leave the country?

We are extremely confused as different lawyer are advising differently.

Any advise would appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

BWCMONK

Sep 5, 2015
Hi - hopefully a quick and not too complicated question. I am both a New Zealand and Canadian citizen (by virtue of having a Canadian mother), however I have never lived in Canada. I do hold a Canadian citizenship certificate and a Canadian passport which hasn't really been used (apart from when travelling to Canada). My wife and I are planning on moving to Vancouver in March, 2016 and we currently live in London, England. From what I have read this doesn't allow us enough time for me to get approved as a sponsor and then apply for her under the spousal program (looks to be about 24 months from what I read). My thought is that she will apply for a working holiday visa (for a NZ'er takes about 60 days) as it lasts up to 2 years, we will move to Canada in March 2016 as planned and once there will go through the process of spousal sponsorship.

I was wondering if anyone sees any flaws in my plan or can perhaps suggest a better/more efficient option? Small challenge is that we plan to travel around India from Dec 2015 to Feb 2016 before heading to NZ for a couple of weeks and then to Canada from there. So if we need to send away passports for Visa stamps etc., it may not be enough time between now and the start of December.

If this plan seems like a good one, my small concern is that if we arrive in Canada together, me with a Canadian passport and her on a working holiday visa this might be a problem for the border agents as it indicates she is planning on being there permanently (albeit legally).

Most likely I'll have a job before I arrive.

Thanks for any advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hasankhandhaka said:
No one replied my query , I believe it got unnoticed, that's why I am resubmitting it again.

I am seeking advise from seniors.

I am a Canadian PR holder residing in Toronto, Originally I am from Bangladesh, came here in Student visa and settled in Canada through Canadian Experience Class Category.
I met a girl here in Toronto who is a Bangladeshi national and her status was refuge at that moment as she applied for political asylum, later on her refuge application was rejected and she is waiting to leave the country.

We are in deep love and we want to get married, now my question is in our scenario what would be the best option, inland or outland? if she applies inland will be there any problem as she does not have any valid visa at this moment and she is waiting to leave the country?

We are extremely confused as different lawyer are advising differently.

Any advise would appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.
Apply outland.she may be forced to leave Canada in which case an inland application would be canceled.I would go with outland.

Weli

Sep 5, 2015
Hello All,

I looked through the forum and i couldnt find the info i was looking for...

My wife is korean and we want to apply inland once she arrives here (wedding was in korea).

I would like to know if its better to translate the wedding papers in Canada or in Korea?
I heard from some poeple that its better to do in Korea through a laywer and get their seal (about 50$)...

I would really appreciate the help ...anyone has an idea?

Thanks guys...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BWCMONK said:
My wife and I are planning on moving to Vancouver in March, 2016 and we currently live in London, England. From what I have read this doesn't allow us enough time for me to get approved as a sponsor and then apply for her under the spousal program (looks to be about 24 months from what I read). My thought is that she will apply for a working holiday visa (for a NZ'er takes about 60 days) as it lasts up to 2 years, we will move to Canada in March 2016 as planned and once there will go through the process of spousal sponsorship.

I was wondering if anyone sees any flaws in my plan or can perhaps suggest a better/more efficient option? Small challenge is that we plan to travel around India from Dec 2015 to Feb 2016 before heading to NZ for a couple of weeks and then to Canada from there. So if we need to send away passports for Visa stamps etc., it may not be enough time between now and the start of December.
An outland app processed through Sydney will take 6-8 months. Apply now.

She will not need to send her passport at any time during the process.

alc

Jul 13, 2015
We are a couple that has been together for will over a year. She is here on student visa and we are applying for PR through common law. What is the odds she will be accepted? I'm very worried about it because we love each other very much and my son and her also have a strong mother son bond. It seems the Canadian government isn't to open to Iranians lately.

Another question I am curious is the best way to have her Iranian sister approved for a visitor visa. She is close with her sister and it would be great if we could get her to come here and visit at least once (hopefully every now and again).
Thanks

Amalia.S

Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

I will be sponsored by my husband while we live together in Canada and we are looking into applying outland.

My question is, who decides which visa office will process our application? I am from Greece.

Any tips or advice on the matter are always more than welcome.

Thank you :)

mitchieescarlos

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June.15.2015 // Received: June.18.2015
AOR Received.
August.22.2015 // SA IP: July.31.2015
File Transfer...
August.24.2015 (SA approved) // PR IP: September.2.2015
Med's Done....
April.30.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
Amalia.S said:
Hello everyone,

I will be sponsored by my husband while we live together in Canada and we are looking into applying outland.

My question is, who decides which visa office will process our application? I am from Greece.

Any tips or advice on the matter are always more than welcome.

Thank you :)
CIC does. It will be based on all the information you give in your application. You will be informed where they forwarded you application when you get your SA.

Amalia.S

Jun 25, 2015
Thank you very much :)

It is very important to me to know that i can visit my family in Greece, so i decided to go with outland for faster processing time and ability to travel.

Both times i entered Canada , i was very scared of being denied entry for some reason.
Does anyone know how being married to a Canadian and being in the process of sponsorship and PR affect me in regard to immigration agents at the airport?
For instance, if next summer my husband and i travel to greece, i will be returning to Canada without a return ticket. I know that is NOT a good idea. I will obviously have an extended visitor visa already, so do all these "protect" me from being denied entry?

I hope i phrased my question clear enough, thank you again :)

mitchieescarlos

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April.30.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
alc said:
We are a couple that has been together for will over a year. She is here on student visa and we are applying for PR through common law. What is the odds she will be accepted? I'm very worried about it because we love each other very much and my son and her also have a strong mother son bond. It seems the Canadian government isn't to open to Iranians lately.

Another question I am curious is the best way to have her Iranian sister approved for a visitor visa. She is close with her sister and it would be great if we could get her to come here and visit at least once (hopefully every now and again).
Thanks
I think you chance for PR are quite high as long as you prove that you're relationship is true and lasting.

About your partner's sister, an invitation letter may help in getting approved.
Check the link below for more information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

Rayvan

Dec 16, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
IELTS Request
yes
Med's Request
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Hello Seniors:
Spouse (Wife) immigration application timeline:
Medical done in Dhaka (Up front Med)----------------------------------01/08/2015
Application mailed to Mississauga--------------------------------------28/08/2015
Mail was received by Mississauga-----------------------------------31/08/2015

So far I did get any e-mail,or any responded.
Just wondering that What is NEXT step ? ? ?
:'(

tiffy

Sep 3, 2015
hiiii......13 mnth complete m not get any response from embassy ...how much processing time spouse visa 18 months or 16 ...m from India punjab.my medical expire when I get remedical request .....m 25July 2014 applicant.....when I check embssy work on which month file status19 mrch show there...but my frind 25 June 2014 applicant she got visa ....wht is this .??

mitchieescarlos

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April.30.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February.23.2016
VISA ISSUED...
March.6.2016
LANDED..........
March.26.2016
Rayvan said:
Hello Seniors:
Spouse (Wife) immigration application timeline:
Medical done in Dhaka (Up front Med)----------------------------------01/08/2015
Application mailed to Mississauga--------------------------------------28/08/2015
Mail was received by Mississauga-----------------------------------31/08/2015

So far I did get any e-mail,or any responded.
Just wondering that What is NEXT step ? ? ?
:'(
It's still early to get an email. You'll get an AOR in a month or two. Don't worry. I know checking your email everyday and not getting anything is saddening but when you do you'll be elated. :)

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 11-08-2015 / AOR2 17-09-2015
File Transfer...
SA approval/transfer 9-09-2015 processing 17-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront-MR recieved Oct 14,2015
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE March 18 2016
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Can anyone share experience of Sponsoring a spouse who is serving one year exclusion from Canada?
Some say you will need just need to pay ARC if approved while still in effect. Others say the officer may put case on hold until exclusion order is lifted.