+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Page

Sep 6, 2015
Thank you for all the information. I haven't been able to find through search something that exactly covers my situation, and I can't find a way to start a new topic. Can you help me with that? I have registered for the Forum. Thank you.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
am-ir said:
No, there is no line or signature box. Thanks for the response.
What are you using to open the PDF? Try a different program, get Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free https://get.adobe.com/reader/, I had no issues with it. If you already have that try some other program like Foxit Reader.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Aquakitty said:
On the bottom of the page, below the bar codes, you don't see a signature box? It's not a line, it's a box. It says "Signature of Applicant or Parent/Legal Guardian's for a person under 18 years of age."
On my IMM0008, the bar codes extended onto another page (2 of them I think) and that's where the signature box was. Could it be when you printed it didn't print the last page?

You might have to download the form again and redo it...don't worry about generating new barcodes...you can generate as many as you like...as long as you validate the form one last time before you print it.

C.

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
>>>> Reposting in this thread, kindly advice.
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen leaving exclusively outside Canada and sponsoring my husband from outside Canada. I have started filling out my applications but got confused regarding the Letter of Intent and re-establishment.

In application IMM5540E, question number 11) "Are you currently living in Canada?" states a date for the return plans in Canada. I am not sure when my husband will get his PR so what should I exactly mention in the return date?

They also ask for re-establishment plans and they require details. Even in the Document Checklist, point 20 they ask to include proof that we intent to stay in Canada once spouse, dependent children get permanent residence. My confusion is regarding that whether I should write a letter of intent separately including proofs or just include in the question 11) of IMM5540E (re-establishment plans) the letter of intent to return to Canada? Both means the same thing but how should I present my explanation to CIC? Please advise, need guidance.

Thanks!!

CandyCane

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm new. I'm having problem posting a New Topic, can anyone help me?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
To start a new topic go to Family Class Sposorship..then look where it shows page numbers..there is a tab or little box that says Notify....New Topic.
Notify means you want an email notice if anyone post to that topic. New topic means you want to start a new topic. Touch new topic.
I hope this helps you.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
CandyCane said:
Hi, I'm new. I'm having problem posting a New Topic, can anyone help me?
Due to spam bots, I think you have to make one post before being allowed to make a new post.

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
>>>>Reposting on this Thread<<<<
Hi Guys,

Im on my Open Work Permit (with Spousal Pending PR). We`ve applied Spousal Sponsorship PR last February 18, 2015 and received AOR May 28, 2015. I`ve also Applied for Visit Visa Extension March 2015 and received it May 21, 2015 there was a remark on the document that says `MUST UNDERGO IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION WITHIN 30 DAYS, MEDICAL FORMS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED SEPERATELY. I phoned the CIC July 2, 2015 and they told me that the CIC forgot to send the medical forms so she follow it up but up until now i haven`t receive any forms i`ve phoned many times and they said to wait for 3 months. Is this true?

And also i will be renewing my passport and will be changing my last name to my Married name would it affect my application or is there anything i have to do. The agent that i was talking a while ago is not really helpful he told me he doesn`t know what should i do. I am very disappointed i`ve waited on the phone for 20 minutes for nothing. Hope you can help.

Thank you:)

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
I am currently staying in Canada on Trv for 3 weeks of holidays i work in U.A.E
Will it be necessary in future to do RCMP for my pr application under spousal sponsorship which is currently filed 08/2014 at Canadian high commission New Delhi India.

Can any senior members please suggest on this
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaytanz said:
I am currently staying in Canada on Trv for 3 weeks of holidays i work in U.A.E
Will it be necessary in future to do RCMP for my pr application under spousal sponsorship which is currently filed 08/2014 at Canadian high commission New Delhi India.

Can any senior members please suggest on this
Thanks
No - not necessary.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
stavan2003 said:
I am a Canadian citizen leaving exclusively outside Canada and sponsoring my husband from outside Canada. I have started filling out my applications but got confused regarding the Letter of Intent and re-establishment.

In application IMM5540E, question number 11) "Are you currently living in Canada?" states a date for the return plans in Canada. I am not sure when my husband will get his PR so what should I exactly mention in the return date?

They also ask for re-establishment plans and they require details. Even in the Document Checklist, point 20 they ask to include proof that we intent to stay in Canada once spouse, dependent children get permanent residence. My confusion is regarding that whether I should write a letter of intent separately including proofs or just include in the question 11) of IMM5540E (re-establishment plans) the letter of intent to return to Canada? Both means the same thing but how should I present my explanation to CIC? Please advise, need guidance.
Hi, Stavan2003 - We had a similar situation when my Canadian husband (living with me in the US with a green card) sponsored me, a US citizen, for Canadian PR. We did not use a specific date, because we didn't know when I'd get my PR and because we owned a house and we didn't know when we'd sell it. We originally submitted some very generic info, but CRC asked for "proof" of my sponsor's plans to re-establish in Canada. So, I would not use a specific date, but a date range, like "we'll return to Canada within 60 days of receiving permanent resident status" or "within 60 days of the end of the school year" if your dependent children are in school. Then add all the specifics in your answer to Question 11.
I don't check this forum often, so feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.
;)

am-ir

Sep 6, 2015
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2015
Doc's Request.
17-02-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-2015
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
Aquakitty said:
What are you using to open the PDF? Try a different program, get Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free , I had no issues with it. If you already have that try some other program like Foxit Reader.
I've been using Adobe Acrobat Reader dc and Foxit Phantom PDF, both of them are latest versions. It's the same, two pages of barcodes without any signature boxes (page 4 and 5) and the last page with consent and declaration with two places for signature. But thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate it.

am-ir

Sep 6, 2015
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2015
Doc's Request.
17-02-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-2015
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
chilkootcee said:
On my IMM0008, the bar codes extended onto another page (2 of them I think) and that's where the signature box was. Could it be when you printed it didn't print the last page?

You might have to download the form again and redo it...don't worry about generating new barcodes...you can generate as many as you like...as long as you validate the form one last time before you print it.

C.
I've tried it few times with different programs, on different computers, it always validates the same way, pages 4 and 5 with barcodes without signature box and the last page(6 of 6), with declaration and consent.
I will try it few more times and see. Thanks.