+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi all,

I am from Spain, have been living in Canada for the past year and a half, where I met my future wife. In about a month I´m going back home for a few months, planning to come back in 2016 and apply inland for PR sponsored by her. The thing is that my mobile phone company and I are having some trouble, they are asking me to pay for calls that I did not make, it´s a couple hundred dolars, and if I don´t pay they will cut my phone off. I don´t really care if they do that since I´m going back home soon, and initially I´m not planning to pay what I consider a scam, but I was wondering how could that affect my application to be sponsored in Canada next year. Is there any chance CIC could find that out and deny my application for it?

Also, would that affect my credit in Canada in the future?

F***ing Fido, I don´t want to play their stupid game, but if it could have bad consequences I guess I´ll have no chance.

Thanks everybody!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
redhotgalego said:
Hi all,

I am from Spain, have been living in Canada for the past year and a half, where I met my future wife. In about a month I´m going back home for a few months, planning to come back in 2016 and apply inland for PR sponsored by her. The thing is that my mobile phone company and I are having some trouble, they are asking me to pay for calls that I did not make, it´s a couple hundred dolars, and if I don´t pay they will cut my phone off. I don´t really care if they do that since I´m going back home soon, and initially I´m not planning to pay what I consider a scam, but I was wondering how could that affect my application to be sponsored in Canada next year. Is there any chance CIC could find that out and deny my application for it?

F***ing Fido, I don´t want to play their stupid game, but if it could have bad consequences I guess I´ll have no chance.

Thanks everybody!
It'll have 0 effect on your application, but it might affect your credit in Canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redhotgalego said:
Hi all,

Thanks everybody!
Do you still have legal status in Canada, as a visitor, worker or student? If you do NOT, you may have some trouble when you attempt to re-enter Canada next year.

Your dispute with your cell phone provider will not affect your sponsorship...or your future credit in Canada, unless you have a temporary SIN number that you provided to Fido when you signed up with them. Even then, it still wouldn't affect your sponsorship...just the possibility of the bill going to collections.

Once a person lands, their temporary SIN number is replaced with a permanent number, but it still `ties back' to the temporary number for some things.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Ponga said:
Do you still have legal status in Canada, as a visitor, worker or student? If you do NOT, you may have some trouble when you attempt to re-enter Canada next year.

Your dispute with your cell phone provider will not affect your sponsorship...or your future credit in Canada, unless you have a temporary SIN number that you provided to Fido when you signed up with them. Even then, it still wouldn't affect your sponsorship...just the possibility of the bill going to collections.

Once a person lands, their temporary SIN number is replaced with a permanent number, but it still `ties back' to the temporary number for some things.
When I signed with Fido I did not have a SIN, so they don´t have that information about me. Can they still do that?

starrbeam

Sep 2, 2015
Hello!

I am Canadian living in Japan and about to sponsor my japanese husband for spouse sponsorship. I am currently not working as we just had a baby who is now 3 months. will that affect the application or if i send along my husbands salary paperwork will that be fine?

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
starrbeam said:
Hello!

I am Canadian living in Japan and about to sponsor my japanese husband for spouse sponsorship. I am currently not working as we just had a baby who is now 3 months. will that affect the application or if i send along my husbands salary paperwork will that be fine?
Hi,
There is no work requirement for either the sponsor or the principal applicant for spousal sponsorship application. You just have to explain how you two are supporting yourselves. I think submitting your husband's salary document would be good.

Biscuit07

Sep 2, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the UK. I sponsored my Fiancé who is a UK citizen last August, we have just received an email stating that the application has reached the final stage of processing. The email requests for 2 recent photographs of himself and 2 photographs of each accompanying family member. Does anyone know if that relates to me? It also requests for the updated information chart to be filled in for himself and any accompanying family members "appendix b" which requires passport details such as number, expiry date etc there is a section for spouse ...does that apply to me also?

Please help!!

hasankhandhaka

Jan 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am seeking advise from seniors.

I am a Canadian PR holder residing in Toronto, Originally I am from Bangladesh, came here in Student visa and settled in Canada through Canadian Experience Class Category.
I met a girl here in Toronto who is a Bangladeshi national and her status was refuge at that moment as she applied for political asylum, later on her refuge application was rejected and she is waiting to leave the country.

We are in deep love and we want to get married, now my question is in our scenario what would be the best option, inland or outland? if she applies inland will be there any problem as she does not have any valid visa at this moment and she is waiting to leave the country?

We are extremely confused as different lawyer are advising differently.

Any advise would appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

tiffy

Sep 3, 2015
pls reply my medical expire m w8ing about 1 year my file status same since apply 25 july 2014 wht i cn do ? some one call me +441122334455 from this num my english not gud she told me gud bye 2 day ago cll me ..pls anyone tell me is that any intrview related cll m vry upset ..now wht i cn do .....

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
tiffy said:
pls reply my medical expire m w8ing about 1 year my file status same since apply 25 july 2014 wht i cn do ? some one call me +441122334455 from this num my english not gud she told me gud bye 2 day ago cll me ..pls anyone tell me is that any intrview related cll m vry upset ..now wht i cn do .....
What country are you from? Some googling indicates that is a spam number.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Aquakitty said:
What country are you from? Some googling indicates that is a spam number.
1 2 3 4 5?
I don't believe it's even a number :p

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
DanSlh said:
1 2 3 4 5?
I don't believe it's even a number :p
It probably is somewhere, but spammers/telemarketers/scammers like to use spoof numbers. I get a lot of them through my spam system.

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
Just wondering if anyone knows any possibility of speeding up the process or if I should contact the visa office in this case..
Im living in canada and my husband is in Serbia, we are currently in process so it could be soon or up to the max 16 months but my brother is getting married and my husband is in the wedding party since my brother was the initial person that I troduced us and the reason we are together. ..is there any change this might bring if the visa office knew he needed to come by October if at all possible? or is it something they dont care about and wont make any difference

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
mirjana.Ilija said:
Just wondering if anyone knows any possibility of speeding up the process or if I should contact the visa office in this case..
Im living in canada and my husband is in Serbia, we are currently in process so it could be soon or up to the max 16 months but my brother is getting married and my husband is in the wedding party since my brother was the initial person that I troduced us and the reason we are together. ..is there any change this might bring if the visa office knew he needed to come by October if at all possible? or is it something they dont care about and wont make any difference
They don't care.
Everyone has to pass through the entire process.
There's no way to speed up things no matter what the reason is.
You can try to get him a TRV.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
redhotgalego said:
When I signed with Fido I did not have a SIN, so they don´t have that information about me. Can they still do that?
Credit is attached to your SIN. I'm amazed they gave you a plan with no SIN, my husband couldn't get away with that with Virgin mobile. There's a chance they could associate your name with your new SIN but I don't know how they could ever prove it was you, so you are probably OK. Regardless, even if it did land on your credit rating, it won't affect a single thing with regards to your application.