+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tuna Fish

Jun 2, 2015
I have a question, i quoted because I didn't how to post a question.

My question is I am a Canadian citizen who is working and living abroad (Ethiopia) for over 5 years now. I recently got married to someone who is not Canadian and who is from the same country that i am working at. I was told by people that i have to go to Canada to sponsor my wife.

I couldn't reach Ottawa or Mississauga case processing centers for answers. I couldn't even find their emails to get answers either.

There is an applications i found on the cic net that i have filled out. i am not even sure if is there right one. Plus there is fee to pay, i couldn't find were to send to either.

Generally i need help in sponsoring my wife while living abroad. a genuine application, and where to send it, plus how much fees i have to pay and where to send it etc...

it has been over 7 months since i got married and i couldn't much for her. my work is done on July 2016 and I don't want to leave my wife and and my soon to be become my child behind.

Please i really need help

Thank you.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
Tuna Fish said:
I have a question, i quoted because I didn't how to post a question.

My question is I am a Canadian citizen who is working and living abroad (Ethiopia) for over 5 years now. I recently got married to someone who is not Canadian and who is from the same country that i am working at. I was told by people that i have to go to Canada to sponsor my wife.

I couldn't reach Ottawa or Mississauga case processing centers for answers. I couldn't even find their emails to get answers either.

There is an applications i found on the cic net that i have filled out. i am not even sure if is there right one. Plus there is fee to pay, i couldn't find were to send to either.

Generally i need help in sponsoring my wife while living abroad. a genuine application, and where to send it, plus how much fees i have to pay and where to send it etc...

it has been over 7 months since i got married and i couldn't much for her. my work is done on July 2016 and I don't want to leave my wife and and my soon to be become my child behind.

Please i really need help

Thank you.
Hello there, the link here is for the forms required to sponsor your partner from outside Canada, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate

You being a canadian citizen and not a perm resident means you can sponsor from the country you reside in and don't have to be inside Canada to do so but must provide proof of intent to return. Ex. accomodations from family, job opportunity etc.

Paying your fees are:

Sponsorship application (per application) $75

Principal applicant $475

Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490

Total: $1040

When sending it off, best to use a courier like UPS, DHL, FedEx, Purolator etc, send application to:

Case Processing Center
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

just download the checklist off the website for forms and documentation and it'll tell you everything you have to do in it. hope that helps.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
RE POSTED : Please i need your advice

Dear Friends

i have one inquiry and i need your valuable assistance. I got my PR through Quebec skilled worker program in 2013. I come back to where i currently employed and i got married and due to my special situation i could not return back to Canada until now .If i return to Ontario and establish my self there then i will sponsor my wife from Ontario. do you think that is safe to settle in Ontario while am sponsored through Quebec skilled worker program ? do you think that the immigration officer will refuse my family sponsorship application if i submitted it while am in Ontario?

thank you very much

looking forward to hearing from you .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
semos said:

Dear Friends

i have one inquiry and i need your valuable assistance. I got my PR through Quebec skilled worker program in 2013. I come back to where i currently employed and i got married and due to my special situation i could not return back to Canada until now .If i return to Ontario and establish my self there then i will sponsor my wife from Ontario. do you think that is safe to settle in Ontario while am sponsored through Quebec skilled worker program ? do you think that the immigration officer will refuse my family sponsorship application if i submitted it while am in Ontario?

thank you very much

You are a PR of Canada, not just a PR of Quebec.

You should be able to move/settle anywhere that you choose.

How long have you been outside of Canada since obtaining your PR? If it's been less than 1095 days you can still return and meet your PR residency Obligation, but you'd need to stay IN Canada (somewhere) for possibly the next 2 years (730 days).

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
semos said:

Dear Friends

thank you very much

Hey,

As Ponga mentioned you are a PR of Canada and not Quebec so you are free to move around. Yes you are able to come to Ontario and apply to sponsor you wife from here; keep in mind you have to be in the country while the sponsorship is in progress.

You should work out how long you have been out and if you need to meet your obligation.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
draxz1289 said:
Hey,

As Ponga mentioned you are a PR of Canada and not Quebec so you are free to move around. Yes you are able to come to Ontario and apply to sponsor you wife from here; keep in mind you have to be in the country while the sponsorship is in progress.

You should work out how long you have been out and if you need to meet your obligation.
Thank you my dear . I have been outside Canada for 1 year and 10 month . I know that i have to be be in Canada while the sponsorship in progress , but i could not imagine how to leave my wife ? we have got married 1 year and 6 month ago , we have some problem with getting a baby. we both receive treatment to increase our chance to have a baby .but unfortunately , nothing work until now .I also have a concern regarding the situation in Middle East , she is from Syria and well reside in Jordan if i return back to Canada .There is no safe place to leave her . The processing time for visa office in Amman is 24 month . it is too much taking into consideration our effort to have a baby .I tried a visitor visa but it was refused . I hope if any body can help me with any suggestion to get her with me to Canada , do you think that i can apply for her with different way , for example , submitting a medical report that she should a company me to have a baby . is there any type of visa to accomplish such goal ??

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Ponga said:
You are a PR of Canada, not just a PR of Quebec.

You should be able to move/settle anywhere that you choose.

How long have you been outside of Canada since obtaining your PR? If it's been less than 1095 days you can still return and meet your PR residency Obligation, but you'd need to stay IN Canada (somewhere) for possibly the next 2 years (730 days).
Thank you my dear . i remember that i have signed a document stating that i intended to settle in Quebec . what about this document ??

best regards for you all ...with my love for you all

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
semos said:
Thank you my dear . i remember that i have signed a document stating that i intended to settle in Quebec . what about this document ??

best regards for you all ...with my love for you all
Semos, sounds to me that you are either very close to the limit of days you can spend outside of Canada or have already exceeded it :s It's very important that you return to Canada as soon as possible / immediately! I have read about cases that were removed from Canada/ their PR card/status was taken back because they didn't meet the residency status here. If you loose your PR, then you wouldn't be able to get your spouse here neither :(

I know it sucks and its hard, but come back to Canada and start working ...then even the visa it's easier than if you try to get her a visa while you are there too. Biggest thing with visa is you have to prove she will not go on welfare! So you have to be here for that.

Good luck!

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan and she is in the process of collecting the required documents listed in the general guide for Asia.

As the guide states that the original educational documents are required such as transcripts, and certificates. My wife is currently in her last year of studies and her university does not issue the official transcripts till the degree is completed. She has tried to obtain it but her university has refused to give her the transcript and told her it will take a while. Therefore, they issued her an official letter of proof that is a current student at the university since 2012 and she has completed certain number of courses. However, my wife DOES have complete certificates and transcripts records for her previous schooling (Such as GCE O and A levels certificates and transcripts).

So my question is whether CIC will raise any concerns about this issue as to why she didn't include her current transcript from her university (and thus causing delays in the processing). I would really appreciate your guys help in this matter and any feedback as to what I should do. Thanks again!

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
LLAngel said:
Semos, sounds to me that you are either very close to the limit of days you can spend outside of Canada or have already exceeded it :s It's very important that you return to Canada as soon as possible / immediately! I have read about cases that were removed from Canada/ their PR card/status was taken back because they didn't meet the residency status here. If you loose your PR, then you wouldn't be able to get your spouse here neither :(

I know it sucks and its hard, but come back to Canada and start working ...then even the visa it's easier than if you try to get her a visa while you are there too. Biggest thing with visa is you have to prove she will not go on welfare! So you have to be here for that.

Good luck!
Thank you . I passed immigration process as per Quebec program for skilled workers. In august 2013 I landed in Montreal .I was in Montreal for 10 days (as i remember ) then i returned to my country .so am outside of Canada since August 2013 . i will be in Canada during this summer but i will return back to my country (as per my personal condition ) . i would return back in June 2016 , so do you think that am bot safe if i return back in June 2016

regards ton you and to you all

SadafAdil

Jun 2, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/07/2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application.
AOR Received.
28/07/2014
File Transfer...
23/09/2014
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront- 29/06/2014. Reassessment of medical- 14/07/2015 after request
Interview........
No Interview. Decision Made: 19/09/2015
Passport Req..
07/10/2015
Hi guys. New here.

SadafAdil

Jun 2, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/07/2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28/07/2014
File Transfer...
23/09/2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
07/10/2015
SadafAdil said:
Hi guys. New here.
What's happening with visa applications?

SadafAdil

Jun 2, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/07/2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28/07/2014
File Transfer...
23/09/2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
07/10/2015
SadafAdil said:
What's happening with visa applications?
I don't know what's happening with mine. :(

fabioadias

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro Brasil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-12-2014
Med's Request
30-12-2014
Med's Done....
12-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2015
Hey Guys, I have a question. Hope someone helps me.

I have recently acquired IMMIGRATION vise but have not yet landed in Canada. I'm landing in Canada to get my PR later this December.
I plan on getting married with my girlfriend of almost 3 years and then applying for a sponsorship for her so she can live with me in Canada. My questions are:

1. From what I understand I should not get married with her before landing. Right? Because I applied for immigration on my own, single. Once I land in Canada as immigrant how long would I have to wait until we can marry and then I can apply for her sponsorship?

2. Do I really need to already have a job in Canada to apply for her sponsorship?

Thank you so much!

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
semos said:
Thank you . I passed immigration process as per Quebec program for skilled workers. In august 2013 I landed in Montreal .I was in Montreal for 10 days (as i remember ) then i returned to my country .so am outside of Canada since August 2013 . i will be in Canada during this summer but i will return back to my country (as per my personal condition ) . i would return back in June 2016 , so do you think that am bot safe if i return back in June 2016

regards ton you and to you all
You can use this tool to calculate and read more about details in regards to Permanent Residency requirement.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en&_ga=1.199820014.1983641229.1432906536

Cheers!