+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

Need help please, I applied under sponsorship application last July 2014 and received AOR august 2014, my husband receieved email from CIC last March for the UCi same time our status online is already possible to check and it says on process since March 18, 2015. I applied the separate OWP pilot program at the 2nd week of May and and my permit valid until last week of May. Meaninh to say my health card is already expired, anyone knows if its possible to extend or way to do extend the health card as i need it while waiting for the furst approval because I am pregnant now and need alqaya health card for my check up. I knoq it is complicated but dont knoq now whAt to do, tried to call CIC call center but always busy line. Thank you in advance for any answer.

huwawei0314

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2015
AOR Received.
August 13, 2015
File Transfer...
September 14, 2015
Med's Request
upfront - June10, 2015
Med's Done....
remed - June 10, 2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-09-2016
Hi,

I'm in the process of completing the documents for Immigration under Family Class sponsorship specifically Generic Application Form[IMM 0008].
For the Marital statutory declaration... I am here in the Philippines, my sponsor is my Conjugal partner. What should I supposed to put If I were already separated but not legally for years?
Please help. Thanks.

reynold21

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with aplication
Med's Request
22-04-2014
Med's Done....
05-05-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2014 recieved: aug 27, 2014
LANDED..........
mid november =)/ nov 12, 2014
hello!

need help, my common law partner got banned and can no longer post comments in any forums here, can anyone help us how to fix it?

thanks in advance.

LRems80

May 27, 2015
Our Outland application got returned to me today because they claimed I did not provide proof of payment, which I did. the receipt was clearly visible and easy to see when first opening our application. I'm going to re-send it tomorrow express postage with a letter explaining it was already included and I did not make the mistake. My question is do I have to repay any fees for them looking at our application again? I think I already know the answer, but I just want to confirm.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
sarah johns said:
what are the residency obligation ?
They have been explained several times already. Please stop asking the same question.
A PR must live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years. Your husband does not meet that obligation, so by attempting to sponsor you, he puts his own PR status at risk. He should wait until he has met the obligation.

Staying for a month in September will not help, and there is also the chance that he could be reported on entry for not meeting the obligations. If he is lucky and is not reported, then he should lay low until he's back too meeting the RO. As a PR, he must stay in Canada to sponsor someone, so staying for one month is not enough and his application could be refused.

mylav

Dec 31, 2014
Hi, I am spouse sponsorship applicant and currently in Canada as a visitor. Please advise me when i receive the application approve from my country visa office (application documents are already in Ukraine) am i obligated to return to my country to receive immigrant visa instead visitor visa to finish the process. as I know that I am obligated to move out the country, is it necessary to back to Ukraine or can i go to Canada-USA border (to neutral territory) and receive permanent resident card there with my visitor visa? thank you

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Dear Friends

i have one inquiry and i need your valuable assistance. I got my PR through Quebec skilled worker program in 2013. I come back to where i currently employed and i got married and due to my special situation i could not return back to Canada until now .If i return to Ontario and establish my self there then sponsoring my wife from Ontario. do you think that is safe to settle in Ontario while am sponsored through Quebec skilled worker program ? do you think that the immigration officer will refuse my application if i submitted it while am in Ontario?

thank you very much

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody
So I'm ready to file my husbands sponsorship application this month. I just wanted to make sure that can I send cds with my application or not? We have our wedding video and some additional pictures in the cd. I'm not sure whether we can send or not.
Secondly kindly let me know the address to send my application. My spouse is in Dubai and I am in Canada.

Thank you

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

Quick question..
My spouse (Sponsor) is Canadian citizen for more than 5 years. She dont have UCi# as I asked in IMM 1344 form.

Please suggest. even though I can validate form without that but just curious to ask.

Thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
sumaira19 said:
Hello everybody
So I'm ready to file my husbands sponsorship application this month. I just wanted to make sure that can I send cds with my application or not? We have our wedding video and some additional pictures in the cd. I'm not sure whether we can send or not.
Secondly kindly let me know the address to send my application. My spouse is in Dubai and I am in Canada.

Thank you
The guide clearly mentions that they will not accept any media, such as flash drives or CDs. So do not send them.

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi There,

I am ready with my Inland application to send today, just wanted to know how much I need to pay. I am on Online payment page..

But not sure which one I need to click. I am the only applicant and my wife sponsoring me. We both are in Canada (inland process). We dont have any dependent children.

Please let me know which rows I need to select and how much I need to pay.

Waiting for someone reply. Thanks in advance.

Ratangm

May 29, 2015
Hello there

Just wanted an opinion regarding my wife TRV. I am going to apply for her family class sponsorship application. I also have a plan to apply for TRV . Some people said when there is a pending application it effects the TRV application. How truth is that?

In that case should I apply first for TRV then her family class sponsorship application ?

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Ratangm said:
Hello there

Just wanted an opinion regarding my wife TRV. I am going to apply for her family class sponsorship application. I also have a plan to apply for TRV . Some people said when there is a pending application it effects the TRV application. How truth is that?

In that case should I apply first for TRV then her family class sponsorship application ?
From my own experience . yes, it will effect her TRV application . if the visa officer not convinced that your wife will come back to her homecountry, then he/she will refuse her TRV . she must show them a strong tie to her home country. There are several factors to be considered when applying for TRV: Traveling history , current employment situation,purpose of the visit , her family tie in canada and her country of residence , her immigration status and financial status .
good luck

Artmel

Jun 2, 2015
Hi Everyone! I just want to ask if when can i check the application status online after we send the application to CIC? Does it usually takes days or a month before it wil be available online?
Thank you in advance!

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
Artmel said:
Hi Everyone! I just want to ask if when can i check the application status online after we send the application to CIC? Does it usually takes days or a month before it wil be available online?
Thank you in advance!
Usually you can see status online after you get AOR (email confirming they received your application) and you get the UCI number on that email. Took me few days after that email to be able to see the status online. It didn't work with receipt number only with UCI number.

Good Luck!