App. Filed.......
July 14,2015
AOR Received.
July 20,2015
File Transfer...
Oct.1,2015
Med's Request
October 6,2015
hi leon. your post was a big help. hipe you could answer my questions please. my husband and i just got married feb 2015 and we've been together for 5years. I am a permanent resident. and he live in philippines. what is the best way to sponsor him?should i go inland or outland? where to send the application? and about the papers.what shoyld i prepare? im really confused.thanks in advance

Katerina07

Feb 14, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thank you guys for your support.
I contacted the translation agency an they gonna send me a new version.
Then I will send my documents (finally!)
I hope they wont return it cause we dont have a joint insurance and credit card?
Im trying to make sure I incluse as much documents as I can but the more I check, the more paranoid I am :eek:

VOKSIN

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
my friend called Mississauga and got answer that they send mail with file number before three days,also they told file number but he can not check aplication status on line.....what he should do ......

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
It takes time for ecas to update give it another week and check on line again.

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Quote from: userpg on April 16, 2015, 01:42:05 pm
Nr.14: Photocopy of your marriage certificate, if you have a co-signer and he/she is your spouse - should I put an X or leave it blank?
I think I should leave it blank cause a sponsor can not be a co-signer, right?
Nr.17: An original 'Option C Printout' - should I put an X or leave it blank?
I understand that my wife doesn't have an 'Option C Printout' cause she doesn't live and earn money in Canada?
Nr.18: Proof of employment/proof of income- should I put an X or leave it blank?
I think in our case (my wife not working in Canada) we leave that box blank?
Nr.19: If you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement...
Nr.20: If you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you must include proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse. What kind of proof? Is a short letter OK?
Nr.25: Proof of your relationship to sponsor. Is our marriage certificate OK?
- Do I have to send my checklist from the Eastern Europe IMM3902 also?
I also found a specific checklist for Warsaw. Which one should I attach?
- Is a printout of the letter with their electronic signature OK?

canuck_in_uk said:
Don't ever leave anything blank. If it doesn't apply, put N/A.

14 - N/A
17 - N/A and include a letter explaining why she doesn't have an Option C
18 - If she is working, even if it isn't in Canada, she needs to include proof
19 - N/A
20 - You will need more than a short letter. A compete plan detailing what you plan to do, plane tickets, letters from friends/family confirming your move, proof you're looking for a home/job looking into shipping options, leaving your current jobs, etc.
25 - No. Look at #10 on IMM3902.
Yes, you must include IMM3902. No idea what other Warsaw checklist you are referring to.
A printout is fine.
Thank you for your help! It's much appreciated!
PS. Nr.18 on the Check list - her income is around 1 000 CAD only (because she didn't work much that year). Should we still show the proof, or is it going to create some problems, because it's not a high income?

Nr. 20. We have none of that. We are not looking for a job offers, apartment yet because it'll take a few months (maybe even a year) to get the PR. We also didn't book our plane tickets. The guide says that we should not quite a job or sell our apartment until I'll get my PR. What should we proof than?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Katerina07 said:
I hope they wont return it cause we dont have a joint insurance and credit card?
Im trying to make sure I incluse as much documents as I can but the more I check, the more paranoid I am :eek:
Those are not required documents. Provided you have other proofs, you'll be fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
userpg said:
Nr.18 on the Check list - her income is around 1 000 CAD only (because she didn't work much that year). Should we still show the proof, or is it going to create some problems, because it's not a high income?

Nr. 20. We have none of that. We are not looking for a job offers, apartment yet because it'll take a few months (maybe even a year) to get the PR. We also didn't book our plane tickets. The guide says that we should not quite a job or sell our apartment until I'll get my PR. What should we proof than?
18 - Yes, she still needs to show it. There is no minimum income for sponsorship.

20 - Get letters from family and friends confirming your plan to return. Write a letter about why you want to return to Canada, along with a detailed plan of how you intend to wrap up your life there and set up life here. Depending on the VO, they may ask for more proof further down the line.

nmtrjn

Apr 16, 2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk said:
Given that you already have a work permit valid until 2017, it would be pretty stupid to apply inland. I suggest you apply outland through New Delhi and your app will be done in half the time.

1. With an outland app, you'll most likely be a PR before your PGWP expires. On the off chance it is still in process, you can apply to change your status to visitor.
Thanks so much for your response. I have a few follow-up questions.

1) If I apply outland through New Delhi, it still implies that I can go to Canada and work until my PGWP is valid, right? (confirming). The application processing time will be approx. 62 days (sponsor's assessment) + 16 months (spouse's assessment). In that situation, if we're called for an interview, would that be in New Delhi or in Canada?

2) Would the interview be of both the people or just me aka spouse?

3) Even if applying outland, can we send both the applications together (sponsor's + spouse's) to Mississauga?

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015

nmtrjn said:
Thanks so much for your response. I have a few follow-up questions.

1) If I apply outland through New Delhi, it still implies that I can go to Canada and work until my PGWP is valid, right? (confirming). The application processing time will be approx. 62 days (sponsor's assessment) + 16 months (spouse's assessment). In that situation, if we're called for an interview, would that be in New Delhi or in Canada?
You can enter and work in Canada while (not "until") your PGWP is valid.

nmtrjn said:
3) Even if applying outland, can we send both the applications together (sponsor's + spouse's) to Mississauga?
The whole package is sent as one complete item to Mississauga.

DohCanada

Apr 15, 2015
yuyu1988 said:
ponga, thanks for your reply!

Yes i did submit extension of OWP together with PR application, but CIC told me they do not consider incomplete application exist. it means i actually submitted my application in sep 2014 after my work visa expired. I argue i submitted original application in May 2014 , but they insist i am out of status, which means i was working illegally
There was a court decision recently about this that states they can't necessarily do that. Get a lawyer who knows about this decision. If they don't know about it, move on and find a new one!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

nmtrjn said:

2) Would the interview be of both the people or just me aka spouse?

1. Yes, you can be in Canada on your PGWP while an outland PR app processes. 16 months is not an average; it's how long it took to process 80% of apps, meaning that 79% are done faster. The actual average is around a year.

2. Just the spouse.

3. Both apps MUST go together.

yuyu1988

Apr 16, 2015
DohCanada said:
There was a court decision recently about this that states they can't necessarily do that. Get a lawyer who knows about this decision. If they don't know about it, move on and find a new one!
Hi DohCanada,
Thank you very much for your reply, I read that case Campana VS cic.
I think cic now make clear their policy, u can see on cic website stating that incomplete app would benefit from implied status.
My asshole lawyer did not even tell me second time returned app, i lost valid time to restore my status.
i do not wanna go to court, it will be so frustrating and time consuming.
I really worry cic will consider i lost my status, and i was working illegally.
I quit my job, my bf terrify i will leave him at the end.
we just pray cic will make decision based on our genius relationship.

DohCanada

Apr 15, 2015
yuyu1988 said:
I read that case Campana VS cic.
I think cic now make clear their policy, u can see on cic website stating that incomplete app would benefit from implied status.
My asshole lawyer did not even tell me second time returned app, i lost valid time to restore my status.
i do not wanna go to court, it will be so frustrating and time consuming.
I really worry cic will consider i lost my status, and i was working illegally.
Campana specifically says they can't rely solely on a policy manual to justify a decision if it is not supported by the law. Their own policy manual says it too.

I totally understand not wanting to go to court but the being out of status and potentially in trouble with the CIC is pretty awful too. You usually don't have long to apply for judicial review. You might want to consider it. If I was in your shoes I would seriously consider sitting down with a lawyer who knows the judicial review process.

Also, if you don't want to sue the lawyer/consultant who screwed up, why don't you report them to their governing body?

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
haldashti said:
Hi SRAMA9, Thanks for the information. As you may know, CIC does not make decisions, and there's little they can provide. I will keep calling.. Good luck to you and let me/us know how your case progresses.
Thanks.
Hello,
CIC told me over the phone that my SA has been approved. Letter to be sent in the mail. I can breath a little easier now!