+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
Hi friends

I posted my case in page 1171

In brief i applied for sponsorship in 20/11/2014, my husband (sponsor) is approved to sponsor me but we didn't receive any mails from cic (no Aor or file transfered emails) we knew that when we called them from 2 weeks, they told us that the e-mail is incorrect but we checked the copy of the application sent we found it is correct and also the mailing addresses and phone numbers are correct!!!!! Did any one face that issue?

Another question: some of you told me to pay the part 2 fees (490$) immediately since we paid the fees of part one only (550$), and to make the medical exam upfront before they ask me to do it to overcome delays, so we called cic and get the uci of my sponsor and asked them about the payment and medical exam, the cic representative in mississauga told us that it is better to wait until the cairo office call us and ask about the fees and medical exam and also they will give us my uci (person to be sponsored) ,

Shall i wait as they told me or do you have another advice?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Katerina07 said:
In my police clearance certified translation, in the original version it says its been issued on march 10th 2015, but in translation it says may 10th 2015. Its not even may 10th now! :'(
I changed it with a black pen. And now im thiking. Is that okay?
No, it's not OK for you to alter a certified document. You need a new one. As the translator made the error, I suggest you go back and have them issue a correct version for free.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nona_nabil said:
Did any one face that issue?

the cic representative in mississauga told us that it is better to wait until the cairo office call us and ask about the fees and medical exam and also they will give us my uci (person to be sponsored) ,
Yes, others have had the same issue. Sometimes CIC will reissue the letter, sometimes they won't. You can request your GCMS notes to see the exact date of sponsor approval.

Don't listen to the CIC call centre. They are not well trained and usually wrong. Pay the RPRF and do the medical now to avoid any delays later on.

WifeOfGrenadian

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
29-01-2015 AOR2 Received:12-02-2015
nona_nabil said:
Hi friends

Another question: some of you told me to pay the part 2 fees (490$) immediately since we paid the fees of part one only (550$), and to make the medical exam upfront before they ask me to do it to overcome delays, so we called cic and get the uci of my sponsor and asked them about the payment and medical exam, the cic representative in mississauga told us that it is better to wait until the cairo office call us and ask about the fees and medical exam and also they will give us my uci (person to be sponsored) ,

Shall i wait as they told me or do you have another advice?

Thanks
The application states that it IS better to do an upfront Medical Exam and send it with your Application for faster processing or to prevent delays (I don't remember the exact wording)

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
WifeOfGrenadian said:
The application states that it IS better to do an upfront Medical Exam and send it with your Application for faster processing or to prevent delays (I don't remember the exact wording)
I already send my application 5 months ago without the medical results, the file transfered to cairo at 15/2/2015 , if i make the medical now, how can i send it? My application is in process now and i don't know my application no. Yet but i know the uci of my husband

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, others have had the same issue. Sometimes CIC will reissue the letter, sometimes they won't. You can request your GCMS notes to see the exact date of sponsor approval.

Don't listen to the CIC call centre. They are not well trained and usually wrong. Pay the RPRF and do the medical now to avoid any delays later on.
I want to pay rprf now but when i pay and have the receipt, where can i send it? My application is transfered from mississauga to cairo and there are no contacts with them till now

ASHABU

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/4/2015
AOR Received.
21/05/2015
File Transfer...
25/05/2015
how to organize the application

Hi Guys:

I'm in the final stages and planning to sen my application next week (if i receive the option c printout by that time),, i just have some question regarding how to organize the application:

1) should i keep keep my forms (the sponsor) separated from my spouse forms - like a separate envelop or should all the forms just be in top of each others and the immigration office will sort them out

2) is there a specific order for the forms, like which form should be in the top and witch should be the second...its

3) the forms containing more than one page, is it ok to use stapler to attach them together or should all the pages be lose?

4) im sending around 100 picture. I understand the i should not use albums or such .. but will be including the weeding photos, civil registry office photos, the honeymoon photos and some old photo with shows the development and the history of the relationship... according to the instruction the photo should be lose,, I'm just thinking how I can keep those pictures clear to understand .. i thought about right descriptions on the back of the photo,,but i think this will not be practical as there is a lot of them .. or maybe us different envelops and writ on the envelop from the outside "weeding photos".."honeymoon photos " and so on..i just thinking loud here...any suggestion?

please share any tips regarding how to organize the application even if my question did not cover it as every info could make a difference

thanks in advance

Ash

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: how to organize the application

ASHABU said:
Hi Guys:

I'm in the final stages and planning to sen my application next week (if i receive the option c printout by that time),, i just have some question regarding how to organize the application:

1) should i keep keep my forms (the sponsor) separated from my spouse forms - like a separate envelop or should all the forms just be in top of each others and the immigration office will sort them out

2) is there a specific order for the forms, like which form should be in the top and witch should be the second...its

3) the forms containing more than one page, is it ok to use stapler to attach them together or should all the pages be lose?

4) im sending around 100 picture. I understand the i should not use albums or such .. but will be including the weeding photos, civil registry office photos, the honeymoon photos and some old photo with shows the development and the history of the relationship... according to the instruction the photo should be lose,, I'm just thinking how I can keep those pictures clear to understand .. i thought about right descriptions on the back of the photo,,but i think this will not be practical as there is a lot of them .. or maybe us different envelops and writ on the envelop from the outside "weeding photos".."honeymoon photos " and so on..i just thinking loud here...any suggestion?

please share any tips regarding how to organize the application even if my question did not cover it as every info could make a difference

thanks in advance

Ash

1 you can keep both separate to make it easy but not necessary.
2 follow the document checklist for order as they appear in order follow the same to make it easy.IMM 0008 should be on top with Bar-code as per guideline.
3 Do not staple it use clip binder to keep together.
4 you can keep in envelopes and write description and also you can write which Form and Question Number it is Supporting.Then it can be kept together in single envelop for All photos that have more small envelopes

Best of Luck

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
My friends, please help before sending my application (hopefully) tomorrow :)
My case: my Canadian wife living with me outside of Canada, no kids.

My questions for the Document Checklist:
Nr.14: Photocopy of your marriage certificate, if you have a co-signer and he/she is your spouse - should I put an X or leave it blank?
I think I should leave it blank cause a sponsor can not be a co-signer, right?
Nr.17: An original 'Option C Printout' - should I put an X or leave it blank?
I understand that my wife doesn't have an 'Option C Printout' cause she doesn't live and earn money in Canada?
Nr.18: Proof of employment/proof of income- should I put an X or leave it blank?
I think in our case (my wife not working in Canada) we leave that box blank?
Nr.19: If you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement...
Do we leave it blank cause my wife doesn't live in Canada and she doesn't need to proof the minimum income? Or should we put her proof of income from the overseas (if so, what document)?
Nr.20: If you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you must include proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse.
What kind of proof? Is a short letter OK? We already wrote in one of the letters that we will live together in Canada when I'll get my PR. Should we write another letter, just for that Nr.20? We have no job contract/offer/apartment booked in Canada yet cause we want to get the sponsor approval first.
Nr.25: Proof of your relationship to sponsor
Is our marriage certificate OK?
- Do I have to send my checklist from the Eastern Europe IMM3902 also?
I also found a specific checklist for Warsaw. Which one should I attach?
- Also our Canadian friend and a member of my wife's family will send us a letter proof of their financial support. We don't have enough time to receive the original letter with their signatures from Canada. Is a printout of the letter with their electronic signature OK?

Thank you in advance!

yuyu1988

Apr 16, 2015
:'( does anybody has similar situation like me?
I applied pr under common law sponsorship May 2014 but my application was returned at the beginning of Aug 2014 due to missing signature on form IMM 5476 assigning a representative. My post graduate work permit expired 1st Aug 2014. I did not know i would lose my status due to incomplete application. My immigration consultant is a idiot, he was keep telling me i could work under implied status, and he did not mention anything about restore visitor visa. I was working util last week i found out from cic call center that i am not eligible for pilot program and i am out of status.

Cic call center told me i can stay in Canada until they make a decision on my case.

I have quit my job now, but i am very concerned they may refuse me or transfer my case to local office.

i believed that i could work legally, and i even mailed my pay stub together other documents.

i am so worried, can somebody advice me? or have same experience? thanks a lot!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuyu1988 said:
:'( does anybody has similar situation like me?
I applied pr under common law sponsorship May 2014 but my application was returned at the beginning of Aug 2014 due to missing signature on form IMM 5476 assigning a representative. My post graduate work permit expired 1st Aug 2014. I did not know i would lose my status due to incomplete application. My immigration consultant is a idiot, he was keep telling me i could work under implied status, and he did not mention anything about restore visitor visa. I was working util last week i found out from cic call center that i am not eligible for pilot program and i am out of status.

Cic call center told me i can stay in Canada until they make a decision on my case.

I have quit my job now, but i am very concerned they may refuse me or transfer my case to local office.

i believed that i could work legally, and i even mailed my pay stub together other documents.

i am so worried, can somebody advice me? or have same experience? thanks a lot!
Yikes! If you continued to work past the expiry of your PGWP and CIC knows about this...it could in fact be a problem.

When you submitted your PR application, what did you include with it that would have given you implied status, even if your PR application had not been returned? Anything, or did your consultant tell you that the PR application alone would give you implied status (which it does NOT)?

yuyu1988

Apr 16, 2015
ponga, thanks for your reply!

Yes i did submit extension of OWP together with PR application, but CIC told me they do not consider incomplete application exist. it means i actually submitted my application in sep 2014 after my work visa expired. I argue i submitted original application in May 2014 , but they insist i am out of status, which means i was working illegally

nmtrjn

Apr 16, 2015
Re: Spousal sponsorship

Hi,

I saw some similar posts earlier but didn't find any replies so I'm posting this query.

Situation: I'm an Indian citizen currently in Canada on a post graduate work permit (PGWP) and am getting married in December 2015 in India. My fiance is a Canadian citizen and I'm looking to apply for an inland application as early as in January 2016. My PGWP will expire in May 2017 and my visa is valid until July 2017.

Questions:
1) If my application is still under review by May 2017 and my PGWP is about to expire, what can I do in that situation? I read in some earlier posts that PGWP cannot be extended. Would I be able to apply for an OWP before my PGWP expires on the grounds that I've submitted an inland PR application, in accordance with the pilot program? I'm concerned that what if my employer during that time doesn't wish to go through the labour market assessment process and wouldn't sponsor my work permit application. What are my options in this situation?

2) Would getting my last name changed post marriage would make my application stronger or it doesn't affect the process all that much? Getting the last name changed could take at least 1 month (minimum; could take longer too) in India and that would mean my PR application would be delayed.

3) In what situations would an interview be required for an inland application?

4) I'll get my medical exam done before I send my application. Is it okay to get the examination done in India by a CIC panel physician even though I'll submit the application in Canada?

5) CIC says that the medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. Is it the same for police clearance as well? Is it okay to get the police clearance by November (for example), even though I'll submit my application in January?

6) I want to start preparing the documents, getting certified translations, etc., as soon as possible. Does all this need to be done sooner to the application date or it doesn't matter that much?

Looking forward to the responses. Thank you to all the members who take out time to assist people like me and provide up-to-date information on such matters.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
userpg said:
Nr.14: Photocopy of your marriage certificate, if you have a co-signer and he/she is your spouse - should I put an X or leave it blank?
I think I should leave it blank cause a sponsor can not be a co-signer, right?
Nr.17: An original 'Option C Printout' - should I put an X or leave it blank?
I understand that my wife doesn't have an 'Option C Printout' cause she doesn't live and earn money in Canada?
Nr.18: Proof of employment/proof of income- should I put an X or leave it blank?
I think in our case (my wife not working in Canada) we leave that box blank?
Nr.19: If you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement...
Nr.20: If you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you must include proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse. What kind of proof? Is a short letter OK?
Nr.25: Proof of your relationship to sponsor. Is our marriage certificate OK?
- Do I have to send my checklist from the Eastern Europe IMM3902 also?
I also found a specific checklist for Warsaw. Which one should I attach?
- Is a printout of the letter with their electronic signature OK?
Don't ever leave anything blank. If it doesn't apply, put N/A.

14 - N/A
17 - N/A and include a letter explaining why she doesn't have an Option C
18 - If she is working, even if it isn't in Canada, she needs to include proof
19 - N/A
20 - You will need more than a short letter. A compete plan detailing what you plan to do, plane tickets, letters from friends/family confirming your move, proof you're looking for a home/job looking into shipping options, leaving your current jobs, etc.
25 - No. Look at #10 on IMM3902.
Yes, you must include IMM3902. No idea what other Warsaw checklist you are referring to.
A printout is fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Spousal sponsorship

nmtrjn said:
1) If my application is still under review by May 2017 and my PGWP is about to expire, what can I do in that situation? I read in some earlier posts that PGWP cannot be extended. Would I be able to apply for an OWP before my PGWP expires on the grounds that I've submitted an inland PR application, in accordance with the pilot program? I'm concerned that what if my employer during that time doesn't wish to go through the labour market assessment process and wouldn't sponsor my work permit application. What are my options in this situation?

2) Would getting my last name changed post marriage would make my application stronger or it doesn't affect the process all that much? Getting the last name changed could take at least 1 month (minimum; could take longer too) in India and that would mean my PR application would be delayed.

3) In what situations would an interview be required for an inland application?

4) I'll get my medical exam done before I send my application. Is it okay to get the examination done in India by a CIC panel physician even though I'll submit the application in Canada?

5) CIC says that the medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. Is it the same for police clearance as well? Is it okay to get the police clearance by November (for example), even though I'll submit my application in January?

6) I want to start preparing the documents, getting certified translations, etc., as soon as possible. Does all this need to be done sooner to the application date or it doesn't matter that much?
Given that you already have a work permit valid until 2017, it would be pretty stupid to apply inland. I suggest you apply outland through New Delhi and your app will be done in half the time.

1. With an outland app, you'll most likely be a PR before your PGWP expires. On the off chance it is still in process, you can apply to change your status to visitor.

2. Name change means nothing.

3. Generally, interviews are called when CIC suspects the relationship isn't genuine. Other reasons include any criminal issues, misrepresentation, non accompanying dependents etc.; basically, any red flags that you can't properly address.

4. The medical can be done anywhere as long as it's with a Panel Physician. This should be pretty much the last thing that you do, a few days before you submit the app, to lessen the chances of it expiring during the process.

5. PCCs must be received by CIC within 3 months of being issued.

6. You can start getting your relationship proofs together and any documents you need that don't expire. Start going through the application package to get an idea of the process.