+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

torcanad

Jan 9, 2019
Could someone who received their PR card recently tell if the envelope in which they got their card has "Do not forward" written on it? Also, where is the card being mailed from (which city)?

My wife's card was mailed on Dec 17 to my old address and apparently, Canada post does not forward mail that has "Do not forward" on it.

Thanks

Reactions: angel0214

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Getting really impatient of waiting. DM since December 14 but no landing email. Called cic the other day and they told me application is all good. If I don’t receive any email after a month I should call them again. I feel like I’m so close to getting my daughter yet so far on that matter. Just so frustrated. GMC notes and MP doesn’t speed up application process.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Could someone who received their PR card recently tell if the envelope in which they got their card has "Do not forward" written on it? Also, where is the card being mailed from (which city)?

My wife's card was mailed on Dec 17 to my old address and apparently, Canada post does not forward mail that has "Do not forward" on it.

Thanks
Yes do not forward is written on envelope .I forwarded my mail also to my new address but Canada post returned it back to immigration . I was checking with immigration every week if they received back from Canada post or not. I took almost 1 month to get my card on new address.

Reactions: torcanad

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone.
So here is the situation,
We submitted an inland spouse application with dependent outside canada on Dec.22,2017.
Got SA and AIP Oct.18, 2018.
They requested for additional documents on Oct.29,2018 but wasn't able to submit it till January 06, 2019 due to my lawyer insisted that they never got any request, we just found outv when we call the ircc hotline. So the thing is my grandpa passed away, Is it safe to leave the country for 2weeks or a month? I got a multiple entry visitor visa and valid open work permit with me. Pls help. Thankyou

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Hi everyone.
We submitted an inland spouse application with dependent outside canada on Dec.22,2017.
They requested for additional documents on Oct.29,2018 but wasn't able to submit it till January 06, 2019 due to my lawyer insisted that they never got any request, we just found outv when we call the ircc hotline. So the thing is my grandpa passed away, Is it safe to leave the country for 2weeks or a month? I got a multiple entry visitor visa and valid open work permit with me. Pls help. Thankyou
Hey guys! I just did my landing interview today at the Kitchener office. We arrived around 8:45am and our interview was scheduled at 9am. We were called in around 9:05 and everything was finished in less than 5 mins. The officer just asked me to review the information on the confirmation document and make sure everything is correct and sign. That's it. He said PR card should arrive in 2 months so start to wait again! I will update here again once I receive my card.

I want to say thank you to many of the members here in this thread. You guys provide both important information and emotional support! Knowing that there are a group of people in the same situation makes me calm down. To those who're still waiting, I wish you good luck. Special thanks to @sylvain1 who helped me a lot! Wish I could help others as well.

For your reference, my timeline is:
Application received: Nov. 14, 2017
AOR received: Jan. 4, 2018
Sch. A + PCC uploaded: Jan. 5, 2018
OWP approved: Mar. 5, 2018
Medical exam request received: May 17, 2018
Medical exam passed: Jun. 14, 2018
Fingerprints request received: Sept. 6, 2018
Submitted fingerprints to CIC system: Sept. 18, 2018
SA: Sept. 25, 2018
AIP: Sept. 25, 2018
DM on ECAS: Sept. 26, 2018
First landing interview letter received: Sept. 28, 2018 for Oct. 12, 2018
Rescheduled interview notification received through email: Nov. 9, 2018 for Nov. 23, 2018
Landed: Nov. 23, 2018.
Hi everyone, just want to report that I received my PR card in the mail today! Hope everyone who are still waiting got theirs soon.

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Hi everyone.
If you leave Canada for a short period of time, there shouldn't be any problem. I've left for a few weeks when I was waiting. But the issue is that you've submitted the required documents after AIP and that means in any time, you would receive a notification (email or physical letter) for landing interviews, normally two weeks ahead of the actual interview date. If you couldn't make it to the interview because you're outside the country, you will have to reschedule the interview. It took a long time to do that in some cases. My interview was delayed for more than a month because of that. So be prepared for the delay and the rescheduling hassle.
In addition, the interview schedule letter might come to your mailbox so make sure someone could help you check the mailbox when you leave.

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018

Thanks
Yes, there is a note says "Do not forward" on the top left of the envelope of my card. The address on my letter says "Case Processing Centre-PRC..." not sure if it means a centre in China in my case. So people might receive the card from different addresses, I guess?

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
If you leave Canada for a short period of time, there shouldn't be any problem. I've left for a few weeks when I was waiting. But the issue is that you've submitted the required documents after AIP and that means in any time, you would receive a notification (email or physical letter) for landing interviews, normally two weeks ahead of the actual interview date. If you couldn't make it to the interview because you're outside the country, you will have to reschedule the interview. It took a long time to do that in some cases. My interview was delayed for more than a month because of that. So be prepared for the delay and the rescheduling hassle.
In addition, the interview schedule letter might come to your mailbox so make sure someone could help you check the mailbox when you leave.
U rescheduled your landing cause u are outside the country? Did they ask why u are rescheduling ur landing appointment? And how long did u go?

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018

Thanks
Yes, it was in a white envelope with the canada logo and “do not forward” on it.
Received mine Jan 3rd. My card was from Sydney, Nova Scotia

Last edited:

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
U rescheduled your landing cause u are outside the country? Did they ask why u are rescheduling ur landing appointment? And how long did u go?
Yes, I was traveling outside Canada. You will need to provide explanations (explain the reasons for your trip) in your request to reschedule, either through the webform on IRCC website, a written letter mailed to the interview office or email if they provide any in the letter. I left Canada for almost a month and the landing interview was originally scheduled in the middle of my trip.