+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

torcanad

Jan 9, 2019
Yes do not forward is written on envelope .I forwarded my mail also to my new address but Canada post returned it back to immigration . I was checking with immigration every week if they received back from Canada post or not. I took almost 1 month to get my card on new address.
Thank you very much for letting me know! Did you submit a Solemn Declaration to get your card back from CIC? Or CIC just sent back the first card once they received it?

torcanad

Jan 9, 2019
Yes, there is a note says "Do not forward" on the top left of the envelope of my card. The address on my letter says "Case Processing Centre-PRC..." not sure if it means a centre in China in my case. So people might receive the card from different addresses, I guess?
Yes, it was in a white envelope with the canada logo and “do not forward” on it.
Received mine Jan 3rd. My card was from Sydney, Nova Scotia
Thank you for your replies!

I called up CIC to check on the status, there is a "Solemn Declaration" form that we can submit to get a new card issued if we don't receive our cards. Not sure how long will this take. I have travel planned in mid-Feb and this is really frustrating. Landed on Oct 23 and it is more than 2 months now.

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Thank you for your replies!

I called up CIC to check on the status, there is a "Solemn Declaration" form that we can submit to get a new card issued if we don't receive our cards. Not sure how long will this take. I have travel planned in mid-Feb and this is really frustrating. Landed on Oct 23 and it is more than 2 months now.
Yeah, more than two months seems like a long time already considering some have received their cards earlier.
I feel you. I have a trip scheduled next week and I was desperately wishing and hoping to get my card in time.
Best of luck to you and hope you get your PR card soonest.

otawadublin

Jul 26, 2018
Finally able to write that our journey is complete!

Application sent: Jan 10, 2018
Background check: February 24
Medical request: June 26
Medical passes: July 10
Sponsor/applicant approved: October 28
Decision made: November 13
Landing: November 26
Ghost updated: January 3, 2019
PR card approved: January 5
PR sent: January 8
Received card: January 10

Received the card in Ottawa, Ontario:

Literally 1 year to do the day that we sent the application!

Good luck to everyone :)

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hey guys, so I have a Rep ( Lawyer) on my application and on my COPR my Lawyers address is on it. Just want to find out from those who have Representatives on their application and have received their cards where my PR card be posted to? Is it to my address or to my Lawyers address? I will appreciate your inputs.
Thanks guys

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Finally able to write that our journey is complete!

Application sent: Jan 10, 2018
Background check: February 24
Medical request: June 26
Medical passes: July 10
Sponsor/applicant approved: October 28
Decision made: November 13
Landing: November 26
Ghost updated: January 3, 2019
PR card approved: January 5
PR sent: January 8
Received card: January 10

Received the card in Ottawa, Ontario:

Literally 1 year to do the day that we sent the application!

Good luck to everyone :)
Congrats!
Can you tell me about your experience at landing interview in Ottawa office? We got one scheduled for tomorrow. January 15, just want to get your feedback.
Thank You

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
Quick update: I landed in Vancouver January 11, 2019, I am October 24, 2018 applicant. Finally finished after very long waiting.
Quick question#1: Can I get ride of all the paper work that I have with CBSA as I applied for refugee in the past and I did not get accepted? so I feel they are useless now.
Quick question#2: Can I get ride of all the paper work that I have for the sponsorship application?
Thank you guys for all of you special @david_gat88 and other active members of this form.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Quick update: I landed in Vancouver January 11, 2019, I am October 24, 2018 applicant. Finally finished after very long waiting.
Quick question#1: Can I get ride of all the paper work that I have with CBSA as I applied for refugee in the past and I did not get accepted? so I feel they are useless now.
Quick question#2: Can I get ride of all the paper work that I have for the sponsorship application?
Thank you guys for all of you special @david_gat88 and other active members of this form.
Did you mean October 24, 2017? Congratulations! I am dying to hear back from them.

As soon as you become a PR everything else is voided, so I am pretty sure you can get rid of any document you have. I would still keep a copy on a drive but I would definitely get rid of the paper work.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
It’s going to be a 14 months on this coming 20 th January :( . I don’t even know anymore whom should I contact keep getting same replies :(

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I am in the same boat, about to get to 18 months and I have no clue what to do or whom to ask. It's waaay too long.
I just wish we get it done in January when phone them they just say wait we are waiting offices to schedule interview for u , I don’t know which interview .

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I need urgent help pls reply my husband is failed refugee claimant , I applied inland on Jan 08 ,2018 . Medical and fingerprints were done in July . Today on my cic account under spousal sponsorship its says decision made and permanent resident status in process .What does it mean . We got a letter from CBSA too he has to apply for PRRA also .Please share ur views