+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
I need urgent help pls reply my husband is failed refugee claimant , I applied inland on Jan 08 ,2018 . Medical and fingerprints were done in July . Today on my cic account under spousal sponsorship its says decision made and permanent resident status in process .What does it mean . We got a letter from CBSA too he has to apply for PRRA also .Please share ur views
CBSA and IRCC (where you applied for sponsorship) are total separate department. Decision made means they finalized your paper and hopefully it is positive, they will email/mail you soon after that.
  • First they will check the sponsor if he is eligible to sponsor you(Applicant) Here where you will receive decision made on the sponsor side, I take it you got that.
  • You can check https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do and fill the sponsor information so you can see both side of the application status.
  • Next, you will get decision made on the applicant side. For me this took 45 days in between to get decision made for both side. Some people, they get decision made for both in the same day.
  • Next, they will transfer your file to where immigration office close to you.
  • Next, you will get landing appointment and in the specified day you will land and be PR of Canada.
Regarding PRRA this is total separate subject, did you apply for that? Make sure there is no Departure Order against you during your sponsorship process.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
CBSA and IRCC (where you applied for sponsorship) are total separate department. Decision made means they finalized your paper and hopefully it is positive, they will email/mail you soon after that.
  • First they will check the sponsor if he is eligible to sponsor you(Applicant) Here where you will receive decision made on the sponsor side, I take it you got that.
  • You can check https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do and fill the sponsor information so you can see both side of the application status.
  • Next, you will get decision made on the applicant side. For me this took 45 days in between to get decision made for both side. Some people, they get decision made for both in the same day.
  • Next, they will transfer your file to where immigration office close to you.
  • Next, you will get landing appointment and in the specified day you will land and be PR of Canada.
Regarding PRRA this is total separate subject, did you apply for that? Make sure there is no Departure Order against you during your sponsorship process.
Thank for reply appreciate it . There is no departure order CBSa called us into their office and asked my husband to apply for PRRA .They suspended the removal order. We going to submit PRRa within 2 weeks. Decision made is on my side , and my husband's side it is in process

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
We had our landing appointment today in Ottawa Office, just like everyone else described: 5 standard questions for the applicant: 1. First date of entry to Canada. 2. Last date of entry to Canada. 3. Have you committed a crime. 4. Were you denied entry to Canada and 5. Dependent. 1 question for sponsor: 1. Do you agree to sponsor.
For everyone who is still waiting, good luck and lot of patience. All process took 14 months for us.
Thanks to everyone and good luck!

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Thank for reply appreciate it . There is no departure order CBSa called us into their office and asked my husband to apply for PRRA .They suspended the removal order. We going to submit PRRa within 2 weeks. Decision made is on my side , and my husband's side it is in process
Just apply for prra I applied back in May 2017 and it takes a while for prra . And my lawyer advised that if u have to apply for it but the time hopefully we get decision on sponsor application

Reactions: Pgtk

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I am in the same boat, about to get to 18 months and I have no clue what to do or whom to ask. It's waaay too long.
Waking up every single day with a hope and then by evening time again disappointed I was never like that with things but since m dealing with cic since 2012 my life is like f**** d sry for language guys but that’s how m feeling .

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hi @Leogirl22 did you find out anything else from the Edmonton office? Have they contacted you?
Hi David. I’m sorry for the delay, I opted to stay away of the CIC stress this year.
I have no updates. According to the MP office the assessment is done waiting final approval. I have no other detail and honestly I don’t care anymore.. we are late anyway, I don’t want to stress about it. Sooner or later we’ll hav

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi David. I’m sorry for the delay, I opted to stay away of the CIC stress this year.
I have no updates. According to the MP office the assessment is done waiting final approval. I have no other detail and honestly I don’t care anymore.. we are late anyway, I don’t want to stress about it. Sooner or later we’ll hav
I understand you. Well if you hear anything from them, or very good news, please let me know. You're the only one that's from Edmonton as well. Take care.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Waking up every single day with a hope and then by evening time again disappointed I was never like that with things but since m dealing with cic since 2012 my life is like f**** d sry for language guys but that’s how m feeling .
I know the feeling. I am also starting to get desperate I am running out of things to do and get motivated by. Too long but what can one do :(

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Just apply for prra I applied back in May 2017 and it takes a while for prra . And my lawyer advised that if u have to apply for it but the time hopefully we get decision on sponsor application
Yes our lawyer going to submit PRRA . I am from Edmonton lets c how it works. Can you please share your time line.CBSA said PRRA processing time is 3-12 months

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Yes our lawyer going to submit PRRA . I am from Edmonton lets c how it works. Can you please share your time line.CBSA said PRRA processing time is 3-12 months
I didn't know you were also from Edmonton. So do you go sign at 104 st? I didn't know their timeline for PRRA was that. Now I am a bit afraid that they will deport me as we are getting close to a year. Even though I waived PRRA

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I didn't know you were also from Edmonton. So do you go sign at 104 st? I didn't know their timeline for PRRA was that. Now I am a bit afraid that they will deport me as we are getting close to a year. Even though I waived PRRA
Yes 104 st . when did u submit your spousal sponsorship ? whats the recent notice you received from immigration ?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Yes 104 st . when did u submit your spousal sponsorship ? whats the recent notice you received from immigration ?
I just submitted it in May 2017 and after that m just reporting Cbsa on phone . And I don’t even want to think abt prra just hoping for landing interview

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I submitted my application on July 25th 2017. CBSA interview on February 2018, been signing in since then. Nothing since medicals, all I've heard is because I ordered notes, talked to MP and called them. All they said, was transferred to local office and wait time is a year from April 2018.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I submitted my application on July 25th 2017. CBSA interview on February 2018, been signing in since then. Nothing since medicals, all I've heard is because I ordered notes, talked to MP and called them. All they said, was transferred to local office and wait time is a year from April 2018.
I think cic going to call you for interview . Your spouse heard anything ? on telephone service they say background check is in progress. and for my side its sponsorship application status decision made.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I think cic going to call you for interview . Your spouse heard anything ? on telephone service they say background check is in progress. and for my side its sponsorship application status decision made.
Yes As long as CBSA doesn't get to my app first. Oh so you got Saa and AIP already? Or just SA. My wife hasn't head anything either