+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I ordered my notes about 15 days ago. On the website it says it might take more than 30 days due to the high demand. I’ll let you know once I receive them.
Unfortunately the work slows down during Christmas and new year so I’m only hoping to hear from them before that.
Good luck to you
Me too, I actually lost any faith that I will hear anything this month. Good luck to you as well. Keep in touch.

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Any Nov landed applicants received their PR card yet??

Makes me worried... my husband havent received his and we have travel plans in January.:(:(:(o_O
I thought they said its 65 days for the PR card to be ready. Has the time frame change?
Im curious to know because on the CIC website the 65 days is there

pinkpanther18

Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding my application and I would sincerely appreciate if you could help me out! I'm always anxious when it comes to visa applications!

1) I applied for common law partner PR sponsorship and OWP with my partner who is a Canadian citizen.
My TRV expired on September 30, 2018! I sent the application on Sept. 28 but they received it on Oct 1. I called IRCC to find out if I was out of status, they said they take 7 days from the date of receipt of the OWP application so I qualified for the implied status. However, I am still nervous about this. Does anyone have any idea about this?
2) We received AOR on Oct. 13, still waiting for OWP (From what I read, I know that they will send this via mail). We moved to another place in the same city on Sept. 1 although I addressed the envelope to our new house, would it be best if I informed IRCC that all mail should be sent in this house? (although I am pretty sure it's already stated somewhere in the application)
3) We completed 1 year of living together September 1, 2019. I submitted our old lease and as well as our new lease starting Sept 1, 2019. We started dating August and moved in in September 1, 2018 (We've been friends since forever but decided to take this seriously when I came to Canada). But because our rent included all the bills, we only had both our names on the old lease to prove 1 year of cohabiting, we opened a joint bank account later on. But to strengthen our case, I added our most recent electricity bill from our new place. Would that be an issue or somehow be a red flag?
4) My partner did not have a stable job during the year we cohabited together although I was earning enough (online) to support myself. However, I included his notice of assessment from previous years to show that he still worked. He got a stable job October 1 and is earning good money that can easily sustain us both (He mentioned this on his letter and showed proof of him doing the necessary steps for his new job and also mentioned that he has a family house where I am always welcome, I've met his parents, etc.)

I know that my questions are long and case related, but I am a chronic overthinker and would really appreciate any insight on this! Thank you!

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi im due to land at Niagra falls Monday. Does my sponsor also have to present passport photos?
Your sponsor need to present a picture ID, my husband uses his drivers license, no photo needed for your sponsor, the only question he was asked if he's still the sponsor.

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Any Nov landed applicants received their PR card yet??

Makes me worried... my husband havent received his and we have travel plans in January.:(:(:(o_O

I have only just landed on the 11 December and she told me 56---60 days to get my PR in the mail..IDK

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Nov applicant here....

We received DM on 14th Nov, we are from Etobicoke, did not received any appointment letter yet......almost a month......anyone in same condition?
I am from B.C. November applicant decision made on sa side October 15 after that no news no AIP no landing letter :(

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Hi guys I applied for family sponsorship for my spouse and for her OPW on 25september2017
And they send us the AOR on 26th of September and on 29th of November i got request for medical so if anybody knows what’s next thing they r going to ask and how long it’s gonna take for OPW
Thanks

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Urgent
Hi folks, I'm due to land at Niagara falls. The only I.D my sponsor has its the Health Card. The driver's license expired and never renewed. Has someone on this forum use the Ontario Health plus other citizenship documents to land. Will it be accepted?
Thanks

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
I am from B.C. November applicant decision made on sa side October 15 after that no news no AIP no landing letter :(

I got decision made on 14 Nov, i call cic on 23 Nov, they said i have to wait, then i call cic again 11 Dec because i was worried it takes 3-4 weeks for interview after DM. When i call them on 11th they said your application has been approved already and your interview date is 13th dec in etobicoke. This was shocking, because we never received any letter for interview. then I received a letter by email on 12th dec for interview.......you should try to call them....they are too lazy to send letters.

Reactions: david_gat88

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey guys! I just did my landing interview today at the Kitchener office. We arrived around 8:45am and our interview was scheduled at 9am. We were called in around 9:05 and everything was finished in less than 5 mins. The officer just asked me to review the information on the confirmation document and make sure everything is correct and sign. That's it. He said PR card should arrive in 2 months so start to wait again! I will update here again once I receive my card.

I want to say thank you to many of the members here in this thread. You guys provide both important information and emotional support! Knowing that there are a group of people in the same situation makes me calm down. To those who're still waiting, I wish you good luck. Special thanks to @sylvain1 who helped me a lot! Wish I could help others as well.

For your reference, my timeline is:
Application received: Nov. 14, 2017
AOR received: Jan. 4, 2018
Sch. A + PCC uploaded: Jan. 5, 2018
OWP approved: Mar. 5, 2018
Medical exam request received: May 17, 2018
Medical exam passed: Jun. 14, 2018
Fingerprints request received: Sept. 6, 2018
Submitted fingerprints to CIC system: Sept. 18, 2018
SA: Sept. 25, 2018
AIP: Sept. 25, 2018
DM on ECAS: Sept. 26, 2018
First landing interview letter received: Sept. 28, 2018 for Oct. 12, 2018
Rescheduled interview notification received through email: Nov. 9, 2018 for Nov. 23, 2018
Landed: Nov. 23, 2018.
Hey congratulations, it's been a while I didn't connect on this forum....

Reactions: SsJohn