+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

audymaccop

Oct 4, 2018
Hi all
Looking for days now and scrolling through forums and cant quite find same case as mine so let me ask my self.

I'm in Canada since 2013, came on a work permit, applied for PR in 2015 and got approved 3 months after.
Now, just prior to departing to Canada originally in 2013 from my home country I met this wonderful girl and we were in a long distance relationship ever since. She comes here for a vacation every winter and i go home every summer.
I do have all the plane tickets, billions of pics.... as relationship is genuine..

During PR application I did not declare her as a partner as back then I wasn't even sure will we last as she wasn't determined to move here. She makes decent money back home and loves her life but since my plan is not to return back home any time soon she agreed to come over and leave everything she has. (Lucky guy a? :) )

We got engaged in summer 2016 and getting married this summer.

Now I pretty much have everything in order, wedding is going to be huge, relationship/marriage is genuine and after wedding I would bring her here (visa exempt country) and do an inland application. Discord Adobe Reader iTunes

My only question for you experts is: will i have problems for not declaring her during PR application.

We never lived together to claim her as common law, and don't quite understand "Conjugal partner" relationship.

Thank you.
On the off chance that you currently announced that you were living respectively for somewhere around 1 year before 2013 or before you exited then you may have a few issues as it may be regarded as customary law. Notwithstanding, regardless of whether you dated for over a year prior to your pr application, and did not think about it as a genuine relationship, at that point you may need to demonstrate that your relationship began after your pr or inbetween however were not living respectively.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
how do you know about transferring file? If I am in Montreal and my AIP was sending from Mississauga, will they transfer it to Montreal office? Or how does it work?
The normal process: everything is processed in Mississauga. After DM (decision made), the file is transferred to the local office for the landing interview.

In the last few months, several people got their file transferred to Vancouver office to unload a bit the office in Mississauga, this is also part of the normal process. The presumption is that CIC did this to maintain normal processing time.

Some people get their file transferred before DM to their local office. This is usually because further processing is required (CIC might have doubts about relationship, or cohabitation,...). These people might get called by cic to clarify something, they might also be invited for a relationship interview.

So in your case, if everything is normal, when you will see DM on ECAS, your file will be transferred to Montreal, which will send you a landing invitation letter.

Reactions: annita

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey,
Me and my girlfriend received the same email. Our interview is on 24Oct.
What did they ask you in your interview.
We are really concerned. We did not receive any CoPR and when I last checked with CIC they were processing our background check.
Thanks
Nothing to worry, this is the landing invitation. You're done, stop stressing and start celebrating!! The DM letter is very unreliable; sometimes sent right away, sometimes with long delay, sometimes not sent at all. Don't worry about DM letter.
The CoPR is handed to you at the landing interview only, not before. Also, the cic account will not be updated until landing. Check ECAS, you will see decision made.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
hey guys i have few questions

this is my time line

Application sent: September 27th, 2017
Application received: September 29th, 2017
AOR received: November 29th, 2017
Called for Medical: April 13th, 2018
Medical Passed: May, 2018
Eligibility Passed: September 11th, 2018
Got at interview letter: October 2nd, 2018

I got an interview letter says We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled for: October blah blah. but i didn't get a DM letter yet is it normal to get this letter before DM letter?

Also when I applied PR process i applied Open work permit as well but they didn't give me yet
so In this case can i get refund OPW fee?
also when i pay the PR fee they have 2 options
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = 1,040$
Sponsor your spouse or partner without right of permanent residence fee
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475) = 550$
i accidentally choose both options and paid about 1500$ but i just found out i supposed to choose only first option for 1000$ bill so in this case should i get refund and pay proper amount of money or just leave it?

please let me know thanks
I wish all you guys good luck!
Congratulations! The DM letter is very unreliable; sometimes sent right away, sometimes with long delay, sometimes not sent at all. Don't worry about DM letter. What you overpaid will be refunded to you. I don't know how, but you can ask at your landing interview. I know it's being refunded but I don't know if you need to take any action for it or if they refund you as soon as you do not have any application open with them.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey @jeet07, I confirmed it from CIC agent about fingerprints request. He told me only for people who were out of status or the person’s date of birth matches with someone who did crime in canada!
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I was responsible of a group of coachs working with teenagers and I was having their background checked by the Police. Whenever there was someone with the same gender and same date of birth with a criminal record in Canada, that coach had to go for fingerprinting. The police officer told me that it's because it is too easy to change name in Canada, so it's just to make sure that this person is not the one having the record.

Reactions: jeet07