App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Emergency! I received a letter asking me to attend the landing interview, however, I'm travelling outside Canada and won't be available then. They didn't mention any email address in the letter, only the CIC number, available to in canada call only. I tried to call CIC number but it says the number is wrong because it's for Canada only, even if I'm using a Canadian number but with a foreign service provider. Anybody knows how to contact CIC to reschedule the interview? Any emails I could use? My interview office is in Kitchener office, Ontario. Thanks so much!

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hello.

Can someone help me to underestand my situation?
AIP August 03, Sponsor Approval Aug 08
I called CIC and I was told that my passport was requested to CBSA Edmonton ( My passport was seized by CBSA) and I contacted my MP and I got this response "IRCC advised that an email will be sent out shortly requesting submission of the Applicant’s passport) .
Please, any idea what to expect next?
@sylvain1 , @profiler

Thanks

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hello.

I called CIC and I was told that my passport was requested to CBSA Edmonton ( My passport was seized by CBSA) and I contacted my MP and I got this response "IRCC advised that an email will be sent out shortly requesting submission of the Applicant’s passport) .
@sylvain1 , @profiler

Thanks
I am in the same boat as you, I am also in Edmonton, except I haven't received AIP.

How long have you been dealing with CBSA?
Have you received the landing interview letter?

As far as I am concerned, IRCC will request your passport to CBSA, and once you land they'll have it for you.

Anyhow, would also like to know what happens at that stage.

Reactions: sylvain1

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I am in the same boat as you, I am also in Edmonton, except I haven't received AIP.

How long have you been dealing with CBSA?
Have you received the landing interview letter?

As far as I am concerned, IRCC will request your passport to CBSA, and once you land they'll have it for you.

Anyhow, would also like to know what happens at that stage.
Hi @david_gat88 ,

I haven’t received landing letter yet. Aip and Sponsor Approval only
Dealing with CBSA since 2014.
My application hasn’t been transferred to Edmonton

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: david_gat88

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hey,
Me and my girlfriend received the same email. Our interview is on 24Oct.
What did they ask you in your interview.
We are really concerned. We did not receive any CoPR and when I last checked with CIC they were processing our background check.
Thanks

They give you your Copr at this interview this is for Landing, this means you are finished :)

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

So this is what I found on the internet regarding the landing interview for inland applicants and doing the interview an airport/border. It is dated 2017, and I am not sure if this is accurate or if it still applies. Can anyone confirm?

The other two ways of validating your permanent residency are as follows:
If you already live in Canada, you have two options to become a permanent resident:
1. You can make an appointment at one of IRCC offices near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact them by using this Web form.If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please indicate that you need urgent processing.
2. If you are not able to make an appointment as set out above, you may leave Canada and return through an international airport or a Canadian land border.When you arrive, an IRCC officer will interview you, and grant you entry into Canada based on the information in your visa.
In either case, you will have to show the officer:

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • copy of your application to extend your stay,
    • printout of online application, or
    • proof of mailing.
Note: You must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada to become a permanent resident at an international airport or Canadian land border. If you need a visa to enter another country before you re-enter Canada, it is up to you to get the visa.
You will do these procedures at the first place you arrive in Canada. If you are travelling by air, make sure you have time before any connecting flight or other travel.
If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a land border, especially during the peak periods of weekends and holidays, you may have a long wait time for service.

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Hi Guys,

So this is what I found on the internet regarding the landing interview for inland applicants and doing the interview an airport/border. It is dated 2017, and I am not sure if this is accurate or if it still applies. Can anyone confirm?

If you already live in Canada, you have two options to become a permanent resident:
1. You can make an appointment at one of IRCC offices near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact them by using this Web form.If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please indicate that you need urgent processing.
2. If you are not able to make an appointment as set out above, you may leave Canada and return through an international airport or a Canadian land border.When you arrive, an IRCC officer will interview you, and grant you entry into Canada based on the information in your visa.

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • proof of mailing.
Note: You must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada to become a permanent resident at an international airport or Canadian land border. If you need a visa to enter another country before you re-enter Canada, it is up to you to get the visa.
You will do these procedures at the first place you arrive in Canada. If you are travelling by air, make sure you have time before any connecting flight or other travel.
If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a land border, especially during the peak periods of weekends and holidays, you may have a long wait time for service.
Where did you find this? as i will be very tight on time with my landing interview and when my pr card arrives to when i fly out to my home country for a few weeks on holiday. I may need to delay my landing interview until after i come back so i can still have a valid visa to re enter because it appears i can't travel without a pr card even though i have will have COPR once i have completed the interview

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
Where did you find this? as i will be very tight on time with my landing interview and when my pr card arrives to when i fly out to my home country for a few weeks on holiday. I may need to delay my landing interview until after i come back so i can still have a valid visa to re enter because it appears i can't travel without a pr card even though i have will have COPR once i have completed the interview
Both of these links have related info:
http://www.ecic-canada.ca/ecic-immigration-news/new-way-to-validate-your-confirmation-of-permanent-residency
https://immigrating-to-canada.com/pr-card/can-travel-without-permanent-resident-card/

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello.

@sylvain1 , @profiler

Thanks
I'm not very familiar with these cases, but I think it means CIC will request your passport from CBSA.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Guys,

• payment receipt,
    • proof of mailing.
That's not possible for inland spousal sponsorship category as to do it, you need to have your CoPR document, which in this category is handed to you only at the landing interview.

Flag poling is for other categories like economical immigration which receives their CoPR by mail and need to get it activated either in a CIC office or by entering the country.