+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

AdaCanada

Sep 27, 2018
Yes, I did! A while ago. We got the province social assistance to type a letter confirming my husband never received this. My husband is a student, I think that's why they ask. Does your sponsor have a job?
thx for ur reply,I just reply the email “no,never received…” do i need to get the supporting documents?

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
I just got email form CIC asking for additional proof of relationship, I need your advice:
as a proof I submitted:
photos, letters from friends and family and the building manager, our communication via emails/chat, etc. Also, he has me on his MSP plan and we share phone plan (both names on the same plan), we submitted the ID's showing the same address, and we filed taxes together for this year (we didn't send a proof for that because we filed after we sent the application in).

I have been dating my partner since 2015, and we started living together in July 2016 (he moved to my apt, and we didn't add him to the lease because that would increase the rent, but the building manager provided a letter stating that my partner live with me in the apt).
We don't have hydro bill together as we didn't think it was necessary, it's on my name only.

What do you suggest to send as MORE proof, or what to do? This is making me really anxious, I appreciate your suggestions <3

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I just got email form CIC asking for additional proof of relationship, I need your advice:
as a proof I submitted:
photos, letters from friends and family and the building manager, our communication via emails/chat, etc. Also, he has me on his MSP plan and we share phone plan (both names on the same plan), we submitted the ID's showing the same address, and we filed taxes together for this year (we didn't send a proof for that because we filed after we sent the application in).

I have been dating my partner since 2015, and we started living together in July 2016 (he moved to my apt, and we didn't add him to the lease because that would increase the rent, but the building manager provided a letter stating that my partner live with me in the apt).
We don't have hydro bill together as we didn't think it was necessary, it's on my name only.

What do you suggest to send as MORE proof, or what to do? This is making me really anxious, I appreciate your suggestions <3
i'm sorry to hear that, that's very stressful!! I wonder why they are asking for more.. seems like you provided a lot. Is there a large age range between you and your partner? I've seen this case before, where they are extra particular with large age difference.

Reactions: allen80629

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
i'm sorry to hear that, that's very stressful!! I wonder why they are asking for more.. seems like you provided a lot. Is there a large age range between you and your partner? I've seen this case before, where they are extra particular with large age difference.
Thanks for your reply..well, we are 10 years apart (I'm 33, he will be 43 ) but I always liked bit older men :D
oh man, this is really stressful...

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hey guys.... yesterday oct 3rd we received AIP and SA approvals and today morning oct 4th ECAS changed to decision made :) both sides.. but no DM letter as such. Hopefuly we get that soon too or who knows landing letter directly :D
Congrats tomorrow you will get DM letter:)

tiffany47

May 16, 2018
Hey guys.... yesterday oct 3rd we received AIP and SA approvals and today morning oct 4th ECAS changed to decision made :) both sides.. but no DM letter as such. Hopefuly we get that soon too or who knows landing letter directly :D
congrats. You are faster than us now:) ECAS changed decision made few days ago. But we havent received any letters at all. no AIP, no SA, no DM. Hopefully they send all together later

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
PR Card finally arrived, would have been last month if not for photo rejection. Good luck everyone, probably signing off for the last time.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Why was it rejected? I have heard they are really picky with the photo
you know what the worst part of it is.... they wouldnt say why they rejected it... all the said was didnt meet requirements and im like i measured it and looked at the requirements neutral expression etc.... it all checked out... so god only knows why but i could not despite several attempts get a satisfactory response.