+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
For us... almost 22 months! When we applied, it was 26 months, but when my wife landed, people were landing in 14-16 months. So yes, a very long process!
But we all tend to over-stress with that. It's just a matter of time. If IRCC officers have doubts about an application, they will give you opportunities to address their concerns by requesting more documents or an interview before assessing the eligibility. Then, if still unsatisfied, they would send a procedural fairness letter stating they intend to refuse the application and state their reasons. And still, you would have one last occasion to address their concerns before the application gets refused. So to all people waiting, just be patient and enjoy your everyday life. The approval rate is above 90% and assuming you did not get a procedural fairness letter, you should really have nothing to worry. It's just a matter of time (patience!).

Aw man that sucks it took so long. Ours was 11 months so nothing compared to you!! It's a relief that for sure, the request last week for more documents had us more worried but we knew we didn't have anything to hide. That landing interview letter can't come soon enough!

Reactions: sylvain1

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
For us... almost 22 months! When we applied, it was 26 months, but when my wife landed, people were landing in 14-16 months. So yes, a very long process!
But we all tend to over-stress with that. It's just a matter of time. If IRCC officers have doubts about an application, they will give you opportunities to address their concerns by requesting more documents or an interview before assessing the eligibility. Then, if still unsatisfied, they would send a procedural fairness letter stating they intend to refuse the application and state their reasons. And still, you would have one last occasion to address their concerns before the application gets refused. So to all people waiting, just be patient and enjoy your everyday life. The approval rate is above 90% and assuming you did not get a procedural fairness letter, you should really have nothing to worry. It's just a matter of time (patience!).
You are such a great help in this forum! Thank you so much for helping us/everyone with your information!

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hello

I did inland sponsership application for my spouse in Nov 2017. it just shows in process since then.. anyone knows how long it takes to get SA and DM for my spouse?
For my spouse PR - medical done and received 13 June 2018. Since then it is processing...
Called cic but too long wait and couldnt get through to any... ! :(
Being patient with the process.. but an idea would be great ! Any thoughts?

Last edited:

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Congratulations, yes you are waiting for an interview appointment letter. You may or may not receive a DM letter as well. Some people get it with delays, some never get it, but you are done and will be landing within few weeks.
I am in the same boat. Will the interview letter come as regular mail or email? Thanks

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I am in the same boat. Will the interview letter come as regular mail or email? Thanks
Usually email and in "mycic" account

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hello

I did inland sponsership application for my spouse in Nov 2017. it just shows in process since then.. anyone knows how long it takes to get SA and DM for my spouse?
For my spouse PR - medical done and received 13 June 2018. Since then it is processing...
Called cic but too long wait and couldnt get through to any... ! :(
Being patient with the process.. but an idea would be great ! Any thoughts?
Hi I a.m. November applicant as well I have done medical 30 and after that in process only and silence . I have read people October 2017 started getting Aips so hopefully end or mid of this month we will start hearing about November :) fingers crossed

Reactions: itsme123

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi I a.m. November applicant as well I have done medical 30 and after that in process only and silence . I have read people October 2017 started getting Aips so hopefully end or mid of this month we will start hearing about November :) fingers crossed
I hope so too. . how long after AIPs to the final stage you think???

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi!

So yesterday our ECAS changed to DM

Today I woke up to an email from immigration with the date and time of our landing interview!!!!

We never recieved an email for DM but our landing interview is next week!

Timeline:

Application recieved: 7th September
AOR: 1st November
Medical Done: 1st May
More Documents Requested: 24th July
AIP & SA: 1st August
DM: 2nd August
Landing Interview Letter: 3rd August

Landing on: 9th August!

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hi!

So yesterday our ECAS changed to DM

Today I woke up to an email from immigration with the date and time of our landing interview!!!!

We never recieved an email for DM but our landing interview is next week!

Timeline:

Application recieved: 7th September
AOR: 1st November
Medical Done: 1st May
More Documents Requested: 24th July
AIP & SA: 1st August
DM: 2nd August
Landing Interview Letter: 3rd August

Landing on: 9th August!

Congratulations! We have the same timeline (Sep 7). May I ask which office does the letter come from? We are also waiting for DM/Interview Letter.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Congratulations! We have the same timeline (Sep 7). May I ask which office does the letter come from? We are also waiting for DM/Interview Letter.
AIP/SA came from Vancouver office
The interview letter came from Etobicoke office

Our file was transfered to Vancouver because Mississauga had too many applications to keep up with :p

Last edited:
Reactions: dangvt2

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
If you have a bit of time and If you're question has gotten lost in this thread without an answer start reviewing this thread from page 660, You'll pretty much find an answer to mostly anything. I think this will help new members to have an answer on their newer question. Congratulations to anyone that's getting AIP's and DM's lately :)