+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
t
Background and criminality checks refers normally to your story. Are you really a member of the family class, do you have criminal record (police certificate),...

Security checks are much deeper and are usually conducted by CSIS and their worldwide partners. Are you linked to a terrorist organization, are you link to a group trying to overthrow a government,... delays for these checks depends on how fast CSIS partners share information.
thats the thing... the timeline

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
Well said.

@Yana 2017. I would encourage you that when you have time, please do review the old messages on this forum. There's a wealth of information that's been shared by some very generous and knowledgeable members. You will find answers to a lot of questions and hopefully you will conclude that there is no fixed pattern, no method to the madness, hence no need to worry until you are well over the 1 year mark.

Enjoy the ride.
thank you, I did read and got overwhelmed with the info :) patience is the key, indeed. Best of luck, Y

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
Not to discourage you. For what I've seen in this thread, IRCC has no perfect timing for anyone, it all goes from 1 day to weeks/months, You just have to be patience, if you haven't crossed the 12 month mark, just wait. Once you cross it and haven't heard anything, try calling them. Patience is the strength here! All the best to you!
Thank you! Best of luck to you too~

gtoor

May 22, 2018
app rec: Aug. 31

med march 20

fp may 22

fp rec June 27

aip July 24

dm email July 30

interview inland landing Vancouver: emailed rec august 2nd scheduled for august 22 surrey office

Reactions: iamvenus and jeet07

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi!

So we got AIP yesterday.

I logged into ECAS today and its updated to Decision Made on both sides!
Haven't had an email yet and our online application hasn't updated but I'm assuming that
now we just wait for interview letter?!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi!

So we got AIP yesterday.

I logged into ECAS today and its updated to Decision Made on both sides!
Haven't had an email yet and our online application hasn't updated but I'm assuming that
now we just wait for interview letter?!
Congratulations, yes you are waiting for an interview appointment letter. You may or may not receive a DM letter as well. Some people get it with delays, some never get it, but you are done and will be landing within few weeks.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Congratulations, yes you are waiting for an interview appointment letter. You may or may not receive a DM letter as well. Some people get it with delays, some never get it, but you are done and will be landing within few weeks.

Ahhh can't believe it!
So I don't need to worry now? It won't be DM but then its
a refusal, I'm assuming they'd contact if that were the case.
Just wait for DM email or interview letter?

Can't believe it.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Ahhh can't believe it!
So I don't need to worry now? Just wait for DM email or interview letter?

Can't believe it.
Yep! 100% positive. It can still take a few weeks, but the end is very close.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Ah I'm so happy. Can't believe it's finally over!!
What a long process. aha
For us... almost 22 months! When we applied, it was 26 months, but when my wife landed, people were landing in 14-16 months. So yes, a very long process!
But we all tend to over-stress with that. It's just a matter of time. If IRCC officers have doubts about an application, they will give you opportunities to address their concerns by requesting more documents or an interview before assessing the eligibility. Then, if still unsatisfied, they would send a procedural fairness letter stating they intend to refuse the application and state their reasons. And still, you would have one last occasion to address their concerns before the application gets refused. So to all people waiting, just be patient and enjoy your everyday life. The approval rate is above 90% and assuming you did not get a procedural fairness letter, you should really have nothing to worry. It's just a matter of time (patience!).

Reactions: krimsuun