+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
We ( I am sponsor ) are Sept 11, I actually don't know where it is. But there is nothing on our update. We have a lawyer so they would get the emails.
You will not receive any notification for file transfer to Vancouver (or to any other office) as long as the reason for the transfer is simple processing due to increase workload at your original immigration office. So do not worry on that front. Its inconsequential.

Reactions: Danish1371

Andy.ve

Oct 19, 2017
congrats ! can you share your timeline ? thanks
Update: I got a call from immigration. They wanted to make sure I am still/ haven't left Canada, since in my original application I showed that I had a return ticket to my country but I was planing on staying if I could. Minutes after the phone call I got my eligibility passed letter! (is this AIP?) background check is still processing.

This is my timeline:

Application sent: End of September
AOR: October 13
Schedule A request: December 14
Schedule A sent: January 20
OWP: April 22
Medical Rquest: April 27 (medical passed a couple weeks after)
SA and AIP(?): Today, August 1

Reactions: Haire Gabriela

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
I'm an October 13th applicant. Sponsor received SA a few hours ago. CIC updated to "We are reviewing your eligibility" Still waiting on AIP and DM. Hope this is a good sign :D
I am a September applicant and I have NADA! Zilch! Nothing. I'm beginning to sound like an AA member.

Henceforth we are banning Oct, Nov and Dec applicants from sharing good news until all of 2017 backlog is finished ;). I'm running out of fingernails.

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
Update: I got a call from immigration. They wanted to make sure I am still/ haven't left Canada, since in my original application I showed that I had a return ticket to my country but I was planing on staying if I could. Minutes after the phone call I got my eligibility passed letter! (is this AIP?) background check is still processing.

This is my timeline:

Congrats!!!

Reactions: iamvenus

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
can i ask what kind of additional documents they ask ?
thanks
They asked for the Common-Law Declartion forms and some more evidence of how my partner will financially support me. He's a university student so we had his mum also write a letter. We took it all to a lawyer to get notarized.

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017

This is my timeline:

Congrats. may I ask which office sent the AIP email, Mississauga or Vancouver?

Mt80

Oct 25, 2017
I am a September applicant and I have NADA! Zilch! Nothing. I'm beginning to sound like an AA member.

Henceforth we are banning Oct, Nov and Dec applicants from sharing good news until all of 2017 backlog is finished ;). I'm running out of fingernails.
Lol. I agree. Not to mention that January 2018.......

Reactions: Kami123

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
How long does DM come after AIP usually?

Hoping it comes soon!
It's highly variable. I don't have anymore access to the spreadsheet, but if I remember well for us (2015 applicants) and for 2016 applicants, about 30% of people were getting DM within 2 weeks after AIP. For others the average was about 60 days.

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
Hi all, we submitted in December 2017, I got request for medical on June 11th, that I passed on July 25th..What and when can I expect the next step to be? thanks

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi all, we submitted in December 2017, I got request for medical on June 11th, that I passed on July 25th..What and when can I expect the next step to be? thanks
Not to discourage you. For what I've seen in this thread, IRCC has no perfect timing for anyone, it all goes from 1 day to weeks/months, You just have to be patience, if you haven't crossed the 12 month mark, just wait. Once you cross it and haven't heard anything, try calling them. Patience is the strength here! All the best to you!

Reactions: Yana2017