Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
I am officially a permanent resident of Canada as of today! :D

The "interview" ended up being extremely simple. Main stuff that I was asked was my address, where did I meet my spouse, and then they wanted me to verify my name, height, and eye colour of all things. :p I am glad it's finally over! Now to wait for the PR card...
Congratulations! :)

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
AIP/SA came from Vancouver office
The interview letter came from Etobicoke office

Our file was transfered to Vancouver because Mississauga had too many applications to keep up with :p
My file was transferred to Vancouver also. I actually received SA and AIP a week before you. Hope the landing letter will come to us soon :(
Congratz to you again!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations! The questions about where you met your spouse were probably just for the curiosity of the agent, just to have small talk. At that point, they already assessed that you are in a genuine relationship. But yes, this is how are landing interview: very relaxed, very easy going.
For sure, we were asked the same thing about how we met but this was after the fact when all the paperwork had been done. I actually wasn’t worried one bit about the landing interview thanks to all the inputs from forum members here, the decision is all ready made and it’s only about signing papers and getting the COPR. My wife was still a little concerned as she had been out of status for a while though the impression I got was the guy that landed us wasn’t too aware about previous statuses (or lack of) cause he started saying any previous visas like work permits were now null and void. They are basically just an administrator at the landing interview, and really nice, it is nothing to worry about at all!

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Update:
Submitted application August 2017

Received an email from MTLs immigration office stating “ We are ready to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR).“

Now, I have questions.

1. The email states to bring :
-the email itself,

· A valid passport or travel document. If you were previously advised that you are exempt from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

· The "Québec selection certificate" issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI);

· Two photographs are required for you and each person in your family in Canada included in your permanent residence application. Follow the link for more specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

· IMPORTANT: Remember to bring with you the document entitled: “Confirmation of Permanent Residence” (2 copies). IF ALREADY IN YOUR POSESSION.

Now, online I’ve seen people say to bring proof of finances , but this letter doesn’t state that so do I need that?
Also should I bring my current permit with me?
And is the photo just a Passport picture? Do I need to make an appointment, the email kind of just says the office hours ?

Thanks!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Update:
Submitted application August 2017

Received an email from MTLs immigration office stating “ We are ready to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR).“

Now, I have questions.

1. The email states to bring :
-the email itself,

· A valid passport or travel document. If you were previously advised that you are exempt from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

· The "Québec selection certificate" issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI);

· Two photographs are required for you and each person in your family in Canada included in your permanent residence application. Follow the link for more specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

· IMPORTANT: Remember to bring with you the document entitled: “Confirmation of Permanent Residence” (2 copies). IF ALREADY IN YOUR POSESSION.

Now, online I’ve seen people say to bring proof of finances , but this letter doesn’t state that so do I need that?
Also should I bring my current permit with me?
And is the photo just a Passport picture? Do I need to make an appointment, the email kind of just says the office hours ?

Thanks!
You don’t need proof of finances, you have all ready been approved for PR.

You can take your current and expired permits as it did instruct that in my wife’s letter, however they never asked to look at those.

The photos are PR photos which are slightly different to passport but just tell the photographer you need PR photos and they will size them correct (Costco or shoppers is cheapest place).

The letter should state the time of interview, though I think Montreal is running on a walk in basis (must say on the letter?) so can go in any time it’s open.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hello,

Can someone help me to understand the process..
Application received: March 2017..yes almost 17 months
August 3.2018 ( yesterday) I received a letter and Elegibility passed
August 04, 2018 ( today) ECAS sponsor side ( Decision Made) .. Applicant side ( In process)

What it does mean? Help
@sylvain1 @profiler

Thanks

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
You don’t need proof of finances, you have all ready been approved for PR.

You can take your current and expired permits as it did instruct that in my wife’s letter, however they never asked to look at those.

The photos are PR photos which are slightly different to passport but just tell the photographer you need PR photos and they will size them correct (Costco or shoppers is cheapest place).

The letter should state the time of interview, though I think Montreal is running on a walk in basis (must say on the letter?) so can go in any time it’s open.

Yes thank you!

In the letter they just give you the office hours and no contact, and the language is very like “just come by”, so I think I will bring a book.

Does the sponsor also need PR photos done? Does my husband need to bring anything too? (The sponsor)

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello,

Can someone help me to understand the process..
Application received: March 2017..yes almost 17 months
August 3.2018 ( yesterday) I received a letter and Elegibility passed
August 04, 2018 ( today) ECAS sponsor side ( Decision Made) .. Applicant side ( In process)

What it does mean? Help
@sylvain1 @profiler

Thanks
Congratulations, you got SA (sponsor approval shown by DM on the sponsor side) and AIP (eligibility letter to the PA). You're waiting now for DM on the PA side. My guess is that it will come very fast. When the SA and AIP is delayed that much, they tend to finalize quickly after. We got SA and AIP within few minutes after 19 months... DM the next day!

With the AIP letter, the PA can now apply for the health coverage (ohip if in Ontario, ramq if in Quebec, I don't know names in other provinces).

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Yes thank you!

In the letter they just give you the office hours and no contact, and the language is very like “just come by”, so I think I will bring a book.

Does the sponsor also need PR photos done? Does my husband need to bring anything too? (The sponsor)
Photos for the PA only, this is for the PR card. The sponsor should bring ID (passport and/or driving licence).

Tell us after you landed. I'm curious about this pilot project. For us the landing appointment letter came 8 weeks after DM and landing was 2 weeks later, so totally 10 weeks after DM! This pilot project looks very cool. You just go whenever you want. Montreal was very slow to give appointments.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Congratulations, you got SA (sponsor approval shown by DM on the sponsor side) and AIP (eligibility letter to the PA). You're waiting now for DM on the PA side. My guess is that it will come very fast. When the SA and AIP is delayed that much, they tend to finalize quickly after. We got SA and AIP within few minutes after 19 months... DM the next day!

With the AIP letter, the PA can now apply for the health coverage (ohip if in Ontario, ramq if in Quebec, I don't know names in other provinces).
Thanks!!

Reactions: sylvain1