+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
Not to discourage you. For what I've seen in this thread, IRCC has no perfect timing for anyone, it all goes from 1 day to weeks/months, You just have to be patience, if you haven't crossed the 12 month mark, just wait. Once you cross it and haven't heard anything, try calling them. Patience is the strength here! All the best to you!
Well said.

@Yana 2017. I would encourage you that when you have time, please do review the old messages on this forum. There's a wealth of information that's been shared by some very generous and knowledgeable members. You will find answers to a lot of questions and hopefully you will conclude that there is no fixed pattern, no method to the madness, hence no need to worry until you are well over the 1 year mark.

Enjoy the ride.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Update: I got a call from immigration. They wanted to make sure I am still/ haven't left Canada, since in my original application I showed that I had a return ticket to my country but I was planing on staying if I could. Minutes after the phone call I got my eligibility passed letter! (is this AIP?) background check is still processing.

This is my timeline:

Application sent: End of September
AOR: October 13
Schedule A request: December 14
Schedule A sent: January 20
OWP: April 22
Medical Rquest: April 27 (medical passed a couple weeks after)
SA and AIP(?): Today, August 1
I wonder why they asked if you haven't left Canada. There is nothing in the inland application that prevents you from leaving Canada

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017
When you start to see more and more applicants who submit their applications later than you getting AIP, SA and DM, the wait game is getting worse and worse and worse....

Reactions: Danish1371

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I wonder why they asked if you haven't left Canada. There is nothing in the inland application that prevents you from leaving Canada
Inland applicants must live in Canada. Short vacations outside the country are usually fine, but longer time abroad can be problematic. That's why they checked.

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Phew. Lots of emotions today. Keep the faith up, guys! We'll get there!
This is keeping positive. All I know is that lots of people confuse AOR letter with application received date so if someone says they sent application end of September, it is possible they got AOR in November rather than in 2 weeks and this makes people panic what might be wrong with their application. I remember someone on this forum said they received AIP and their application was from October. Later they corrected it to mean AOR. Let's remain calm and patient. The process is draining enough to think about other people's processing times.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
When you start to see more and more applicants who submit their applications later than you getting AIP, SA and DM, the wait game is getting worse and worse and worse....
Yes that’s true !!! It’s like from October to January files gone to Vancouver and they started sending quickly Aips for October 2017

Reactions: Julia2018

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Yes that’s true !!! It’s like from October to January files gone to Vancouver and they started sending quickly Aips for October 2017
I am september 20 applicant and my file is in Vancouver now .before it was in Mississauga. And it is realy not easy to See people applying after you getting their AIP and SA. I am truly happy for them , I stopped stressing because I was getting sick of this wait game. Now what hapen hapen . We don’t have a choice just to wait . I realy wish every one in this forum get their AIP SA. good luck to all of us .

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I am september 20 applicant and my file is in Vancouver now .before it was in Mississauga. And it is realy not easy to See people applying after you getting their AIP and SA. I am truly happy for them , I stopped stressing because I was getting sick of this wait game. Now what hapen hapen . We don’t have a choice just to wait . I realy wish every one in this forum get their AIP SA. good luck to all of us .
We have to see it this way! We are all suffering! And things are flowing, just taking their time. We will get there! Can't wait to see a day with all of us happy about our PR

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
how do you know your file went to Vancouver? did you call them?

Reactions: Julia2018

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
how do you know your file went to Vancouver? did you call them?
When I saw on this forum some applications were sent to Vancouver I said to my self maybe my application too so when I called IRCC the first time I ask the agent if my file was transfered to Vancouver and you know what he told me I wont tell you ,why you wanna know....he was so rood so I gave him shit and I realy didn't care that the call was recorded and I hang up. The next day I called again and this time it was a realy nice agent so he said to me yes your application was transfered from Mississauga to Vancouver because Mississauga is too busy. So you can try to call them and hope you Will get a Nice agent on the phone.