+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
Any march 2017 applicants here? I'm from march 24 and stuck on the background check for about 4 months now. This is ridiculous. Any advice? Thanks.

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
I did email them 2 months ago and they said everything is ok and it is taking so long due to the high number of applications but I call it a BS. People here have gotten their PRs already and they are like september applicants. This is ridiculous.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
I did email them 2 months ago and they said everything is ok and it is taking so long due to the high number of applications but I call it a BS. People here have gotten their PRs already and they are like september applicants. This is ridiculous.
Have tried involving your MP?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
something doesn't make sense. do you have any red flags? I would contact your MP

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
What do you mean by MP? no red flags at all. The only thing is I didn't apply for OWP since I have a valid work visa until august 2018. Have a feeling they want more money from me and make me apply for owp thru the sposnsorship application.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Has someone applied for OHIP and received it?
Yup, I applied after I'd started my job, with a letter from my employee that I will be employed for more than 6 months and it's not a temporary job and so on. It also has to include the start date and that it's a job in Ontario. Got my Health card exactly 3 months after my job's start date.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
What do you mean by MP? no red flags at all. The only thing is I didn't apply for OWP since I have a valid work visa until august 2018. Have a feeling they want more money from me and make me apply for owp thru the sposnsorship application.
It's definitely not a question of money...
MP: member of parliament. They can sometimes help unblocking a case and they have direct access to CIC.

Then not all applications have the same simplicity/complexity so you cannot directly compare your timeline with all others.

The most likely... your security checks are what is holding you up. These are done in collaboration between CSIS and their partners across the world. So the delays do not depend only on Canadian authorities, but also on their partners. You can imagine also that information on citizens of certain countries are easier to get than from certain others.

Believe me, I understand the frustrations, I understand exactly the feeling, but keep enjoying your everyday life and don't let this process impacting negatively your life. That's the best advice I can give you. It's a matter of time, just time. It took almost 22 months for my wife to receive her PR.... while at that time most people were getting it in about 14-16 months. We had a very simple, straightforward case, but my wife is from the middle-east...

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
It's definitely not a question of money...
MP: member of parliament. They can sometimes help unblocking a case and they have direct access to CIC.

Then not all applications have the same simplicity/complexity so you cannot directly compare your timeline with all others.

The most likely... your security checks are what is holding you up. These are done in collaboration between CSIS and their partners across the world. So the delays do not depend only on Canadian authorities, but also on their partners. You can imagine also that information on citizens of certain countries are easier to get than from certain others.

Believe me, I understand the frustrations, I understand exactly the feeling, but keep enjoying your everyday life and don't let this process impacting negatively your life. That's the best advice I can give you. It's a matter of time, just time. It took almost 22 months for my wife to receive her PR.... while at that time most people were getting it in about 14-16 months. We had a very simple, straightforward case, but my wife is from the middle-east...
Thank you sir. I hope youre right and nothing bad is going on like loosing my applicstion or something. Soo you say contact MP. can i contact any mp or because i am from edmonton should i contact an mp from edmonton or how does that work? Ive never heard about it. Tia

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you sir. I hope youre right and nothing bad is going on like loosing my applicstion or something. Soo you say contact MP. can i contact any mp or because i am from edmonton should i contact an mp from edmonton or how does that work? Ive never heard about it. Tia
Find your MP here: http://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members
On the right, you have a box "find MP". Enter your postal code, then click find MP. After the photo and the name of your MP will appear. Click on his name and you will find email and phone numbers to contact him.

Generally, it's better to have the sponsor make the initial contact, especially if he is already a Canadian citizen. But you go together to meet him.

Reactions: Luckyey

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Just to add to what I've already said. CIC will never refuse an application before giving you the opportunity to address their concerns. If they have doubts about your relationship, they will ask you to send more proofs of it or ask you for a relationship interview. If they have doubts about your cohabitation, they will ask you to send more proofs about it, etc. And after that, if still they would not be convinced, they would send you a procedural fairness letter stating that they intend to refuse your application and explain you their reasons. You would still have a last opportunity to address their concerns before they refuse your application.
So, no news.... somehow is good news. So what I mean is don't worry. Approval rate is above 90 percent in this category.

Reactions: Luckyey and Teamako

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Aside of March applicants, are there any May, June applicants still waiting for their Landing interview? Or hearing anything else after medicals?