KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi Guys:

Posting updates to my timelines as an FYI:

Application Received by CIC: August 28, 2017
AIP Letter Received: July 18th, 2018
SA Letter: Letter Not Received or Not Yet Received
On ECAS, Status changed to DM (on both Sponsor and Applicant Side): July 20, 2018
Actual DM Letter Received: July 23, 2018
Now waiting for Landing Letter from Calgary IRCC Office, praying this happens soon

Application to AIP was about 10 months and 3 weeks into the process and hope to land within 11.5 to 12 months.
when is your medical request? thank you

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi Guys:

Posting updates to my timelines as an FYI:

Application Received by CIC: August 28, 2017
AIP Letter Received: July 18th, 2018
SA Letter: Letter Not Received or Not Yet Received
On ECAS, Status changed to DM (on both Sponsor and Applicant Side): July 20, 2018
Actual DM Letter Received: July 23, 2018
Now waiting for Landing Letter from Calgary IRCC Office, praying this happens soon

Application to AIP was about 10 months and 3 weeks into the process and hope to land within 11.5 to 12 months.
Super close to the end!! Yay!!
Please keep us posted. I'll land in Calgary too so I just wanna have an idea of how long it takes from DM to landing interview.
I passed medical a month ago, so at least a couple months still ahead. :)

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
Oh we are one day apart.
Can u share ur time line please ?
Mine is in my signature.
Did they start to review your eligibility ? ?
Thank you.
Timeline in the signature now. Eligibility status hasn't changed since medical i.e. Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
I stopped fretting about this after I read about many applicants experience of not seeing any changes on ECAS and receiving final approvals.
Cheers

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
Any march 2017 applicants here? I'm from march 24 and stuck on the background check for about 4 months now. This is ridiculous. Any advice? Thanks.

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
I did email them 2 months ago and they said everything is ok and it is taking so long due to the high number of applications but I call it a BS. People here have gotten their PRs already and they are like september applicants. This is ridiculous.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
I did email them 2 months ago and they said everything is ok and it is taking so long due to the high number of applications but I call it a BS. People here have gotten their PRs already and they are like september applicants. This is ridiculous.
Have tried involving your MP?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
something doesn't make sense. do you have any red flags? I would contact your MP

Luckyey

May 9, 2018
What do you mean by MP? no red flags at all. The only thing is I didn't apply for OWP since I have a valid work visa until august 2018. Have a feeling they want more money from me and make me apply for owp thru the sposnsorship application.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Has someone applied for OHIP and received it?
Yup, I applied after I'd started my job, with a letter from my employee that I will be employed for more than 6 months and it's not a temporary job and so on. It also has to include the start date and that it's a job in Ontario. Got my Health card exactly 3 months after my job's start date.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
What do you mean by MP? no red flags at all. The only thing is I didn't apply for OWP since I have a valid work visa until august 2018. Have a feeling they want more money from me and make me apply for owp thru the sposnsorship application.
It's definitely not a question of money...
MP: member of parliament. They can sometimes help unblocking a case and they have direct access to CIC.

Then not all applications have the same simplicity/complexity so you cannot directly compare your timeline with all others.

The most likely... your security checks are what is holding you up. These are done in collaboration between CSIS and their partners across the world. So the delays do not depend only on Canadian authorities, but also on their partners. You can imagine also that information on citizens of certain countries are easier to get than from certain others.

Believe me, I understand the frustrations, I understand exactly the feeling, but keep enjoying your everyday life and don't let this process impacting negatively your life. That's the best advice I can give you. It's a matter of time, just time. It took almost 22 months for my wife to receive her PR.... while at that time most people were getting it in about 14-16 months. We had a very simple, straightforward case, but my wife is from the middle-east...