+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Oh just one last thing.

The email said to send the documents to an email address.
Is this correct or do we upload them to our online account?

And do we send all the documents as a PDF? or should we combine all
the financial support letters into one pdf file?

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oh just one last thing.

The email said to send the documents to an email address.
Is this correct or do we upload them to our online account?

And do we send all the documents as a PDF? or should we combine all
the financial support letters into one pdf file?
Similar thing happened when I received medical requests. They asked to aend it to an email address but it also showed up under the “view submitted application “ option. So I did both. Yes sent as one big pdf online and sent individually on the email

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Similar thing happened when I received medical requests. They asked to aend it to an email address but it also showed up under the “view submitted application “ option. So I did both. Yes sent as one big pdf online and sent individually on the email

ah thats great. maybe we should email it and upload it too then?

i also think our application might be in vancouver.... at the end of the email it says 'sincerely,------- hub vancouver'..
im not sure if this means our application was sent there from etobicoke or not...

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
ah thats great. maybe we should email it and upload it too then?

i also think our application might be in vancouver.... at the end of the email it says 'sincerely,------- hub vancouver'..
im not sure if this means our application was sent there from etobicoke or not...
Same thing with me! Yes that means it got sent to Vancouver as the load share program.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Same thing with me! Yes that means it got sent to Vancouver as the load share program.

AH explains so much. I'm worried they lost some of the letters we sent or something, haha.
Glad we aren't the only ones though!

I'm really hoping we dont have long left. I've seen some others from the start of september
have started to get theirs, so I really hope our application won't be delayed because of this.

fingers crossed, haha

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
AH explains so much. I'm worried they lost some of the letters we sent or something, haha.
Glad we aren't the only ones though!

I'm really hoping we dont have long left. I've seen some others from the start of september
have started to get theirs, so I really hope our application won't be delayed because of this.

fingers crossed, haha
It's possible that that's all they need to expedite the final letters.. AIP, SA, DM, Landing.
Work on a really good and clear proof and you'll be done as soon as you imagine.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
It's possible that that's all they need to expedite the final letters.. AIP, SA, DM, Landing.
Work on a really good and clear proof and you'll be done as soon as you imagine.
I hope so. I've added anything I can think of to show financial support.
Not sure what else we can add but I'm going into as much detail as possible

any advice you might have?

and thank you!

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
I hope so. I've added anything I can think of to show financial support.
Not sure what else we can add but I'm going into as much detail as possible

any advice you might have?

and thank you!
Add all details and use an excel sheet to break it down and make it look neat! Add bank statements and any other documents needed to support!
I remember while i applied for my student visa, I gave my financial summary and obviously my parents were financially supporting me. I made an affidavit that said my parents are undertaking the responsibility of supporting me financially while and theough anything I might need while i am in Canada (swore in front of a gazzette office, oaths commissioner) and my parents signed it. In your case the mother of your partner will do that. That just shows IRCC that is not just word of mouth, she is legally bound to and agrees to support you and him.

Reactions: btis

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Add all details and use an excel sheet to break it down and make it look neat! Add bank statements and any other documents needed to support!
I remember while i applied for my student visa, I gave my financial summary and obviously my parents were financially supporting me. I made an affidavit (swore in front of a gazzette office, oaths commissioner) and my parents signed it. In your case the mother of your partner will do that. That just shows IRCC that is not just word of mouth, she is legally bound tosupport you and him.

we've had her write a letter but not sure if we'll get sworn by oaths commisioner... do you think its better to do that?
in her letter we've given her job title, income, examples of her supporting us, the fact we live at her second house rent free, that she helps with money if we ever need it etc

my partner and i both wrote a letter showing our support for one another, the jobs we've had, examples of us helping. plans for jobs after my partner has finished university, that we live in his mums second house, how much money we have in our savings, the jobs my partner has had while at uni, that we have rented places together while he is at uni, that we did income tax together as common law, joint phone bill, joint leases etc etc

we also had my parents in england write a letter explaining that they are happy to financially support us should we ever need it and that they are grateful to my partners mum for allowing us to live rent free etc.

i really dont know what else to include...

you think we should include bank statements?
our money is spread in our joint account and our individual ones.

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
we've had her write a letter but not sure if we'll get sworn by oaths commisioner... do you think its better to do that?
in her letter we've given her job title, income, examples of her supporting us, the fact we live at her second house rent free, that she helps with money if we ever need it etc

my partner and i both wrote a letter showing our support for one another, the jobs we've had, examples of us helping. plans for jobs after my partner has finished university, that we live in his mums second house, how much money we have in our savings, the jobs my partner has had while at uni, that we have rented places together while he is at uni, that we did income tax together as common law, joint phone bill, joint leases etc etc

we also had my parents in england write a letter explaining that they are happy to financially support us should we ever need it and that they are grateful to my partners mum for allowing us to live rent free etc.

Yes showing all the income you have will help! If his mom is willing to make a sworn letter that will help! If not, then you definitely need to provide all your bank statements, jointly and individual! His mom will need to submit bank statements to prove she is capable of earning enough to support herself and you both!

The situation here is that you are claiming that one person is going to aupport you both! You need to give number to IRCC to prove that. You know what I mean? To ircc it seems very unconvincing and unconventional that someone will support you both, or is able to support you both. But if you throw in some big convincing numbers along side names and account details with your names. Voila!

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I remember while i applied for my student visa, I gave my financial summary and obviously my parents were financially supporting me. I made an affidavit that said my parents are undertaking the responsibility of supporting me financially while and theough anything I might need while i am in Canada (swore in front of a gazzette office, oaths commissioner) and my parents signed it. In your case the mother of your partner will do that. That just shows IRCC that is not just word of mouth, she is legally bound to and agrees to support you and him.
That's a great idea!!!

I think you should include as much information as possible.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yes showing all the income you have will help! If his mom is willing to make a sworn letter that will help! If not, then you definitely need to provide all your bank statements, jointly and individual! His mom will need to submit bank statements to prove she is capable of earning enough to support herself and you both!

The situation here is that you are claiming that one person is going to aupport you both! You need to give number to IRCC to prove that. You know what I mean? To ircc it seems very unconvincing and unconventional that someone will support you both, or is able to support you both. But if you throw in some big convincing numbers along side names and account details with your names. Voila!

Yeah, makes sense. My partner only has from september till april left at university and then he plans on getting a full time job.
we both have money saved. he works during his summers off from university and has worked while at university too. so we've put that in the letter.

we also put that i work as a freelance editor/proof-reader as well as how much we've earnt. we have one joint bank account and then 2 individual ones. i still have one in the uk that my family uses to gift us money at xmas/birthdays, and my partner has his from before we met. but including bank statements from all of those would help?

his mum is more there to cover our backs should we need it. she helps us here and there obviously. she's actually just starting a new job as a director at a marketing company. im also hoping the fact she has 2 houses should help us out...

im trying to think of anything i could add, but don't wont to sound too repetative...
but also want to add as many small details as possible

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Yeah, makes sense. My partner only has from september till april left at university and then he plans on getting a full time job.
we both have money saved. he works during his summers off from university and has worked while at university too. so we've put that in the letter.

we also put that i work as a freelance editor/proof-reader as well as how much we've earnt. we have one joint bank account and then 2 individual ones. i still have one in the uk that my family uses to gift us money at xmas/birthdays, and my partner has his from before we met. but including bank statements from all of those would help?

his mum is more there to cover our backs should we need it. she helps us here and there obviously. she's actually just starting a new job as a director at a marketing company. im also hoping the fact she has 2 houses should help us out...

im trying to think of anything i could add, but don't wont to sound too repetative...
but also want to add as many small details as possible
You mentioned about the savings and the joint accounts and the individual accounts and your boyfriends mother having your back in the letter. But like I said you probably did not give them figures. They need those numbers cause that gives them a way to calculate. And to validate your numbers you will definitely need to give then the bank statements that show those numbers.

How much you have earned so far and are still earning will also clearly show on your notice of assessment from cra. Include that too.

If you are worried about sending financial details to ircc, don’t be. Trust me, I have done it, and it is literally what they need to see! They need those numbers.

And alao throw in the proof of addressof your current residency. You need to show them that your bf’s mother has two houses and YOU BOTH are living in one of them. That will show that you are living with her. And she then has to explicitly mention on her letter of explanation (yes she will have to write another detailed one) she will have to say that she is letting you live there till you can get back on your feet after uni. Cause a statement in a letter from you stating that “you will get a full time job after uni” is not enough for ircc. Cause they need to make sure that if your plan does not turn out successful (which sometimes it doesn’t, cause full time jobs, jobs in general are scarce now) that you have someone or something to fall back on.

Like I said, cause your situation is a little different where your bf’s mother is supporting you both. You have to, have to, have to include numbers and statements! Everything you state on that letter needs a proof.

Savings? - prove it
Rent free? - prove it
Living in a free house with mother? - prove it
Joint account with money to use? Prove it

All I am trying to say it, if you have already made these statements in letters before and ircc still is not convinced, you now need to prove it all by statements, affidavits, leases, property paperwork (for the second house where you live for free).

Its is a tedious process but trust me if done correctly will not take you more than three days! And if you need help or a template I am more than happy to share things I made during my student visa and mh parents visitors visa. PM me and I will reply as soon as I can :)

Breathe.:) you will be fine. Just need to sort out tge paperwork

Reactions: sylvain1

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
You mentioned about the savings and the joint accounts and the individual accounts and your boyfriends mother having your back in the letter. But like I said you probably did not give them figures. They need those numbers cause that gives them a way to calculate. And to validate your numbers you will definitely need to give then the bank statements that show those numbers.

How much you have earned so far and are still earning will also clearly show on your notice of assessment from cra. Include that too.

If you are worried about sending financial details to ircc, don’t be. Trust me, I have done it, and it is literally what they need to see! They need those numbers.

And alao throw in the proof of addressof your current residency. You need to show them that your bf’s mother has two houses and YOU BOTH are living in one of them. That will show that you are living with her. And she then has to explicitly mention on her letter of explanation (yes she will have to write another detailed one) she will have to say that she is letting you live there till you can get back on your feet after uni. Cause a statement in a letter from you stating that “you will get a full time job after uni” is not enough for ircc. Cause they need to make sure that if your plan does not turn out successful (which sometimes it doesn’t, cause full time jobs, jobs in general are scarce now) that you have someone or something to fall back on.

Like I said, cause your situation is a little different where your bf’s mother is supporting you both. You have to, have to, have to include numbers and statements! Everything you state on that letter needs a proof.

Savings? - prove it
Rent free? - prove it
Living in a free house with mother? - prove it
Joint account with money to use? Prove it

All I am trying to say it, if you have already made these statements in letters before and ircc still is not convinced, you now need to prove it all by statements, affidavits, leases, property paperwork (for the second house where you live for free).

Its is a tedious process but trust me if done correctly will not take you more than three days! And if you need help or a template I am more than happy to share things I made during my student visa and mh parents visitors visa. PM me and I will reply as soon as I can :)

Breathe.:) you will be fine. Just need to sort out tge paperwork

That sounds about right.

I've been putting figures and plan on putting screenshots of each of the bank accounts we have underneath the letter and putting a note to say they are there.

My partner is putting the income he earns in his summer job while not at uni on average. He gets paid bi-weekly so will probably put the average he earns bi-weekly. I also plan on putting in what I earn when I work as a freelancer. I'm thinkong of putting what I earn an hour and then what I earn approx a month.

We also will get my partners mother's letter signed by a lawyer when we go to get our common law form done too. In her letter she has stated we live her rent free and will until we can get on our own feet. I'm guessing have this signed by a lawyer will help prove that she's serious?
So as well as the financial support letter we should do a separate one saying she let's us live here rent free and has 2 houses? Or will one letter signed by a lawyer help with that

Last edited:

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
That sounds about right.

I've been putting figures and plan on putting screenshots of each of the bank accounts we have underneath the letter and putting a note to say they are there.

My partner is putting the income he earns in his summer job while not at uni on average. He gets paid bi-weekly so will probably put the average he earns bi-weekly. I also plan on putting in what I earn when I work as a freelancer. I'm thinkong of putting what I earn an hour and then what I earn approx a month.

We also will get my partners mother's letter signed by a lawyer when we go to get our common law form done too. In her letter she has stated we live her rent free and will until we can get on our own feet. I'm guessing have this signed by a lawyer will help prove that she's serious?
Yes that will help! Anything sworn always helps.