+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Yes, I already tried to call this number many times and I waited until they hang up my phone calls :mad:

What is the ext. number by the way?
I cant remember. I just pressed a lot of numbers though... and was on hold for 37 minutes. Sigh.

Reactions: Trinh

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey guys.Im planning trip back home soon to visit my family in May but it seems like they are moving very quick now.Should I contact CIC and let them now dates of travel?If yes,how can I contact them?

Thank you

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
Yeah I'm tossing up between going down to Vancouver or asking for an extension beyond the 30 days that they give you for it.
True. I just wanted to get it over with because I’ve been waiting for this request for so long.

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Hi everyone, I have an urgent matter. I am international student as holding study permit . I also being sponsor by my spouse ( of course in-land Canada). I just submitted my schedule A background by CIC request. However, I made a mistake in personal history, which is I forgot to input my current part time job ( I only inputted my current full time diploma since I am international student so I just put my school that i am attending ). Also when my spouse sent the first application, we attached my employee job letter, by my boss, and we wrote that i am working part time in submission letter too ( means I did not hide it but just did not put it in personal history ). And should I add more information to IRCC ( i will add one more row in personal history)

And my second question is : I used to attend a ESL school ( just 3 months ). But once before, I used both ESL school and my current college letter of enrollment to renew my study permit. Should I fill that ESL school into either Personal history and Education history in the form ( I did not write about that ESL school since they said secondary ,post-secondary and apprenticeship training ).
I just write a brief explanation but they want me to submit along with document by filling out the IRCC , if not they cannot give it to professor.

SO what should i do now ( just leave it and wait and will explain if they ask or add more row and explain to them ) . I am so nervous now.
Thanks for reading!
Use the IRCC web form and update the info. They will add these to your file. I don't think ESL school counts but include it if you want. Nothing to be nervous about, people forget info all the time, as long as they are not contradicting each other or fraudulent.

Dennispham

Jan 26, 2017
Use the IRCC web form and update the info. They will add these to your file. I don't think ESL school counts but include it if you want. Nothing to be nervous about, people forget info all the time, as long as they are not contradicting each other or fraudulent.
thanks for replying !
but the thing is I went to that esl school from Jan 17 to March 17 only. But the schedule A which i submitted I filled Jan 17 till now is my current college... so you think should I edit, because if I edit, afraid they would in doubt why I fill that college for the esl school timing.
Also, I should edit and add the part time job as well right.
really appreciate that !!!

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
Hi guys!
Hope you are all having a good weekend. ;)

Here is my story. I've been out of status for almost 1 year and a half(I messed up the dates and just noticed after 6 moths of the expired date. I had a student permit and the school didn't notice as well). Before we decided to apply inland (I'm the PA) we went to a consultant that basically said it was possible but also suggested that I should get a TRV first. In order to do that, I would have to leave the country and re-enter after the approval so we decided to apply without the TRV or any status(and without a consultant too =P). We were scared CBSA wouldn't grant me entry.

By the time we did (dec 2017) the Public Policy gave us some piece of mind to move forward with the inland. On the application we said that I was out of status, we attached a letter explaining what happened and hoped for the best. We didn't think I should apply for OWP because it wouldn't be processed until I get AIP and that would be by the end of the PR application. I thought once they had my application processing I would be "implied status" even though I wouldn't get health coverage, any government documents, wouldn't be able to work or study. It would be 1 year at home but my husband and I would be together. So we were fine with that.

After reading all the comments here about CBSA contacting out-of-status people and CIC potentially refusing the application I'm very concerned and a bit scared, I admit. =/

I don't know if I understand it right. But I thought I wasn't illegal anymore because I have the PR processing. I'm sorry to bring this up again but I'm very confused and just wanted to hear some opinions if you guys don't mind.

Am I illegal? Can I still apply to a OWP(if that gives me implied status)? Should I apply at this point? Would I have to send to Vegreville, Mississauga or Online?

@profiler I've been reading your posts and comments and I respect a lot your opinion and knowledge. I would appreciate if you could comment on this one too, please. :)

Thank you all.

For the ones as out of status as I am, we're together on this! =D

TL,DR: Out-of-status, with application in process. Applied after student visa expired and no TRV. I'm worried about the consequences. Hoping for advice going forward.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys!
Hope you are all having a good weekend. ;)

Here is my story. I've been out of status for almost 1 year and a half(I messed up the dates and just noticed after 6 moths of the expired date. I had a student permit and the school didn't notice as well). Before we decided to apply inland (I'm the PA) we went to a consultant that basically said it was possible but also suggested that I should get a TRV first. In order to do that, I would have to leave the country and re-enter after the approval so we decided to apply without the TRV or any status(and without a consultant too =P). We were scared CBSA wouldn't grant me entry.

By the time we did (dec 2017) the Public Policy gave us some piece of mind to move forward with the inland. On the application we said that I was out of status, we attached a letter explaining what happened and hoped for the best. We didn't think I should apply for OWP because it wouldn't be processed until I get AIP and that would be by the end of the PR application. I thought once they had my application processing I would be "implied status" even though I wouldn't get health coverage, any government documents, wouldn't be able to work or study. It would be 1 year at home but my husband and I would be together. So we were fine with that.

After reading all the comments here about CBSA contacting out-of-status people and CIC potentially refusing the application I'm very concerned and a bit scared, I admit. =/

I don't know if I understand it right. But I thought I wasn't illegal anymore because I have the PR processing. I'm sorry to bring this up again but I'm very confused and just wanted to hear some opinions if you guys don't mind.

Am I illegal? Can I still apply to a OWP(if that gives me implied status)? Should I apply at this point? Would I have to send to Vegreville, Mississauga or Online?

@profiler I've been reading your posts and comments and I respect a lot your opinion and knowledge. I would appreciate if you could comment on this one too, please. :)

Thank you all.

For the ones as out of status as I am, we're together on this! =D

TL,DR: Out-of-status, with application in process. Applied after student visa expired and no TRV. I'm worried about the consequences. Hoping for advice going forward.
You would only be considered on implied status when you have applied to extend your status before it expired. Applying for spousal sponsorship would not give you implied status, it's the OWP application but since you were already out of status for a year and a half, it's useless to apply now. You're right that you have to wait for AIP.

You are already considered illegal but they said that with your spousal sponsorship are in process, you have some protection against being asked to leave the country. There are a lot of people who are out of status and the same situation as you. Not everyone gets the call or knock on the door by the CBSA.

By the way, my knowledge about this is from reading this forum. I was once, too, scared when my application was returned and lost my implied status. Although we have a different situation, I know how it felt.

Reactions: MountainAB

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Wish me luck! I will call them on Monday. It's already frustrating to think about it...
If you wanna talk to CIC agrnts, you have to press 1-1-2-3, also when you done all this than 0 that will put up on hold, if not do it over and over, usually 3 or 4 attempt will put you in the Queue,

Reactions: Trinh

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
Yesterday I received an email
“This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.”

Now waiting to receive the date and time Someone in the same situation?

I got a contact from the local office about the schedule of our interview
8 days after getting the same emai!

Reactions: polar25 and Yulia V

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
Hey guys.Im planning trip back home soon to visit my family in May but it seems like they are moving very quick now.Should I contact CIC and let them now dates of travel?If yes,how can I contact them?

Thank you
If you have OWP, I don’t see any problems/nessesary to contact them.
I travel twice while waiting!
Even the CIC agent told me that I could ( I didn’t ask them directly if I could though...)

lee9

Nov 22, 2017
Hi,

After 11 months passed, review of eligibility not started yet, is it to worry about it it’s a normal thing?

Thanks.

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
Guys , urgent!!!
Please help me out here
I asked several agencies and their answers are all different.

Im an inland applicant, and my landing interview is next month April 5
And I just got news today that my grandma got stroke and probably ...so I should go back ASAP, but one of the agency said to me I cannot go back before the interview, if I go back, I will have to reapply again.
Is that true?

Thank u