+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

wirycross89

Jul 16, 2014
Anyone here travelled outside Canada and came back with no problems?

I am well aware it is a risk but I just want to know how often applicants re-entered Canada successfully with just a passport, OWP and TRV on hand

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Anyone here travelled outside Canada and came back with no problems?

I am well aware it is a risk but I just want to know how often applicants re-entered Canada successfully with just a passport, OWP and TRV on hand
The answer is, why you can’t travel with all the documents you require to travel?
I have been traveling since I got mine work permit!

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hi everyone, I got an update. My application for OWP was approved today. I would like you to know that our application for sponsorship was returned the first time and that made me lose my implied status. Thanks to @canuck_in_uk advice, we resent our sponsorship application with OWP plus restoration. Here's my timeline:

Application sent 13 December 2017
AOR 26 January 2018
OWP approved 23 March 2018
Yayyyy happy For you :) finally

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Hey guys, I am sponsoring my wife. She didn't include an OWP app with the PR app, can she still file an online app for OWP or it has to be paper? How do you generate the code to open the application? We tried selecting family class sponsorship and answering the questionnaire "with intent to immigrate" and the system keeps pointing us to open a PR application which is useless. Do we select "with no intent to immigrate instead"?

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Oh lawyer, don't trust them, I believe 12 months or even less he he!

Can you show me the CIC phone number and ext. number as I tried to call them many times but not even one time could catch them! I want to ask them about my Health insurance, I just don't want to buy a Tourist package while my husband's work contract already covers me.
Hi, @Trinh ,

Sorry, didn't see your message right away-- been a crazy week!

I called this number; +1 888-242-2100
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Reactions: Trinh

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
No, I am still waiting :(. Today would be 1 week since DM was made. Why are they taking so long?
Please let me know when they contact you.
I received an email from CPC Mississauga last night. It basically says that they are done processing my application and someone from Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to arrange an appointment ;)

Caro1612

Jun 26, 2017
I'm April 10th applicant I got my DM on ECAS on March 14, but my CIC account just changed to reviewing eligibility, I haven't received any mail, do you know what they ask for the landing interview?
Yesterday I received an email
“This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.”

Now waiting to receive the date and time Someone in the same situation?

Dennispham

Jan 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I have an urgent matter. I am international student as holding study permit . I also being sponsor by my spouse ( of course in-land Canada). I just submitted my schedule A background by CIC request. However, I made a mistake in personal history, which is I forgot to input my current part time job ( I only inputted my current full time diploma since I am international student so I just put my school that i am attending ). Also when my spouse sent the first application, we attached my employee job letter, by my boss, and we wrote that i am working part time in submission letter too ( means I did not hide it but just did not put it in personal history ). And should I add more information to IRCC ( i will add one more row in personal history)

And my second question is : I used to attend a ESL school ( just 3 months ). But once before, I used both ESL school and my current college letter of enrollment to renew my study permit. Should I fill that ESL school into either Personal history and Education history in the form ( I did not write about that ESL school since they said secondary ,post-secondary and apprenticeship training ).
I just write a brief explanation but they want me to submit along with document by filling out the IRCC , if not they cannot give it to professor.

SO what should i do now ( just leave it and wait and will explain if they ask or add more row and explain to them ) . I am so nervous now.
Thanks for reading!