+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
Guys , urgent!!!
Please help me out here
I asked several agencies and their answers are all different.

Im an inland applicant, and my landing interview is next month April 5
And I just got news today that my grandma got stroke and probably ...so I should go back ASAP, but one of the agency said to me I cannot go back before the interview, if I go back, I will have to reapply again.
Is that true?

Thank u
That's weird. I have to travel outside of Canada too within 90days after the interview so talked to the agent and he suggested a few options including reschedule the interview. So I already rescheduled it with no problems.
Just send an email or call cic and they till let you know.
Hope your grandma gets well..

maryj12565

Mar 9, 2018
That's weird. I have to travel outside of Canada too within 90days after the interview so talked to the agent and he suggested a few options including reschedule the interview. So I already rescheduled it with no problems.
Just send an email or call cic and they till let you know.
Hope your grandma gets well..
Thank you so much for the reply.
I am planning to go back and come back before the interview date, do you think that is ok?
Than you so much.

Aacon

Jun 7, 2017
I am planning to go back and come back before the interview date, do you think that is ok?
Than you so much.
As long as you have OWP or other visa that allows you to enter Canada, that should be fine. I traveled a couple of times before.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Than you so much.
Call cic or send email (already on interview letter) they will reschedule it. Thats not a big deal. Reschedule date will be next 1 or 2 weak later. So dont worry, take your time. CIC understand very well. And you dont have to apply PR again.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I received an email from CPC Mississauga last night. It basically says that they are done processing my application and someone from Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to arrange an appointment ;)
Wow! That's awesome! I'm still waiting for a response from them. Hopefully something soon.

Reactions: Yulia V

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi,

After 11 months passed, review of eligibility not started yet, is it to worry about it it’s a normal thing?

Thanks.
Its normal, you will get interview date and it will say start review. Dont worry, you are next in the queue. 90% got on 12th month. You will get the email in next 1 or 2 week, for sure :)

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Wow! That's awesome! I'm still waiting for a response from them. Hopefully something soon.
next week for sure :)
I got interview date first and CIC email later, after 1 week.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
If you have OWP, I don’t see any problems/nessesary to contact them.
I travel twice while waiting!
Even the CIC agent told me that I could ( I didn’t ask them directly if I could though...)
No need to inform, whenever you will get Interview date then they will provide you email. That time ask them to reschedule because of this reason. So go and enjoy ur trip :)

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I received an email from CPC Mississauga last night. It basically says that they are done processing my application and someone from Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to arrange an appointment ;)
I got interview date first and next week Etobicoke email, so i m lucky, no need to wait. otherwise you have to wait 7-10 working days :)

Reactions: Yulia V

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi everyone, I have an urgent matter. I am international student as holding study permit . I also being sponsor by my spouse ( of course in-land Canada). I just submitted my schedule A background by CIC request. However, I made a mistake in personal history, which is I forgot to input my current part time job ( I only inputted my current full time diploma since I am international student so I just put my school that i am attending ). Also when my spouse sent the first application, we attached my employee job letter, by my boss, and we wrote that i am working part time in submission letter too ( means I did not hide it but just did not put it in personal history ). And should I add more information to IRCC ( i will add one more row in personal history)

And my second question is : I used to attend a ESL school ( just 3 months ). But once before, I used both ESL school and my current college letter of enrollment to renew my study permit. Should I fill that ESL school into either Personal history and Education history in the form ( I did not write about that ESL school since they said secondary ,post-secondary and apprenticeship training ).
I just write a brief explanation but they want me to submit along with document by filling out the IRCC , if not they cannot give it to professor.

SO what should i do now ( just leave it and wait and will explain if they ask or add more row and explain to them ) . I am so nervous now.
Thanks for reading!
You have to put ESL or only school, not a big deal. If they have any question, they will contact you.

Reactions: Dennispham

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi guys!
Hope you are all having a good weekend. ;)

Here is my story. I've been out of status for almost 1 year and a half(I messed up the dates and just noticed after 6 moths of the expired date. I had a student permit and the school didn't notice as well). Before we decided to apply inland (I'm the PA) we went to a consultant that basically said it was possible but also suggested that I should get a TRV first. In order to do that, I would have to leave the country and re-enter after the approval so we decided to apply without the TRV or any status(and without a consultant too =P). We were scared CBSA wouldn't grant me entry.

By the time we did (dec 2017) the Public Policy gave us some piece of mind to move forward with the inland. On the application we said that I was out of status, we attached a letter explaining what happened and hoped for the best. We didn't think I should apply for OWP because it wouldn't be processed until I get AIP and that would be by the end of the PR application. I thought once they had my application processing I would be "implied status" even though I wouldn't get health coverage, any government documents, wouldn't be able to work or study. It would be 1 year at home but my husband and I would be together. So we were fine with that.

After reading all the comments here about CBSA contacting out-of-status people and CIC potentially refusing the application I'm very concerned and a bit scared, I admit. =/

I don't know if I understand it right. But I thought I wasn't illegal anymore because I have the PR processing. I'm sorry to bring this up again but I'm very confused and just wanted to hear some opinions if you guys don't mind.

Am I illegal? Can I still apply to a OWP(if that gives me implied status)? Should I apply at this point? Would I have to send to Vegreville, Mississauga or Online?

@profiler I've been reading your posts and comments and I respect a lot your opinion and knowledge. I would appreciate if you could comment on this one too, please. :)

Thank you all.

For the ones as out of status as I am, we're together on this! =D

TL,DR: Out-of-status, with application in process. Applied after student visa expired and no TRV. I'm worried about the consequences. Hoping for advice going forward.
Now you have to wait for your file, Because you already have file no. they will not ask you to go or leave the country. They have to take a decision on your file first because it's already under progress. But till that you are on "no status".

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Oh god I hope so. My file is at Etobicoke Visa Office and I heard its a long wait to get an landing interview. After DM I didn't received anything confirming it.
Its ok, your file is almost going to close, 1 or 2 weeks are not a big deal for you. You already wait 1 year, so enjoy the time :)

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
We are on the same boat , my timeline is cut copy paste of yours, hopefully we are near, good news is around.
I got interview date(3rd April) and decision made status. Hopefully you will get Interview date soon. Good luck :)

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Its ok, your file is almost going to close, 1 or 2 weeks are not a big deal for you. You already wait 1 year, so enjoy the time :)

No offence, but its kinda of a big deal for me. I know I waited for so long and that the hardest part is over, but its so frustrating to know that its the ending point but for some reason I can't reach it and I have to still wait. However you're right, its only a few weeks more.

Thank you and I do appreciate your advice.