Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I made the same mistake. I went ahead and paid the other fee online within a couple weeks of my original application. I even sent a copy of my receipt to CIC and asked them to update my application. I have read that in some instances CIC used monies from one's PR application to cover the difference for the OWP, but that did not happen in my case. Despite paying the fee online, they sent my OWP application back to me and asked for proof that I paid the fee. So, I printed out the receipt again and mailed it all back to Vegreville. Frustrating. It is pretty clear that whichever internal CIC group is processing the OWP applications has no visibility into the payment systems and can only rely on a printed out receipt.

I don't know how long this mistake will delay my application. Some people on the forum have said it essentially moves you back to square one. If someone with firsthand experience could let us know the number of weeks from resubmission to OWR receipt that would be helpful. Thanks!
Same exact instance here, all the way up to paying the $155 a few weeks after submitting everything, then printing the receipt and mailing it to Vegreville with identifying info and having the application returned to me anyway. I too am looking for clarification on the number of weeks from resubmission to OWR receipt.

In reference to people saying it moves you back to square one, I try not to take what people on the forum say for fact unless they've personally had it happen to them, so here's another individual looking for firsthand knowledge on this issue! Our timelines are close, so here's hoping it all happens sooner rather than later.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
thanks...as a pharmacist (health field), will she be restricted from working as a pharmacist (ie, there will be a condition placed not allowing her to work in health field) without a medical exam having been done?

Seems like it coudl be that way for an OWP in general, but not sure in a spousal PR application situation.
I\m interested to know as well - my husband is waiting for his OWP to be approved (received at Vegreville Nov 15), but he is expecting to work in the Pharmacy industry also as he has a Master of Pharmacy... I had no idea this may not be allowed..?? He is not registered in Canada but still hoped to get work in his field...

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hi there,

Any news from June applicants in regards to med requests? From the whatsapp and inland google sheets it seems like the last request was sent towards the end of November. Ridiculous! It's almost been 7 months since I've sent the application!

By the way, is there a thread for June 2017 inland application? Couldn't find it
We too sent in JUNE & nothing yet. We ordered notes to see WTF is going on ... in regards to our file.

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
We too sent in JUNE & nothing yet. We ordered notes to see WTF is going on ... in regards to our file.
the notes will just say "medical: not started". that's what mine read anyway. it's probably better to call.

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
the notes will just say "medical: not started". that's what mine read anyway. it's probably better to call.
We called before the holidays. Well our lawyer rep. And they told her he's In the final stages of backround screening could be a month... on Jan 20th with be 2 months so we plan to call again and see

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
thanks...as a pharmacist (health field), will she be restricted from working as a pharmacist (ie, there will be a condition placed not allowing her to work in health field) without a medical exam having been done?

Seems like it coudl be that way for an OWP in general, but not sure in a spousal PR application situation.
You need to definitely to look into that. I think most of OWPs get restrictions - you can look up online what restrictions there are exactly. One of the restrictions is medical field. That's what I've on my OWP. I think even if you sent the medical exam it would have come with such a restriction. I suppose people like teachers or doctors have to go through a Canadian approved course/training to obtain sort of a license to be able to perform such a job. It's just my guess and things that I overheard.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Same here. I haven't heard anything since the background check started. I think we are gonna get some info at the end of January.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
I had to resubmit my OWP too :( CIC received it Oct 17th but I couldn’t link it until December 4th. Did you leave your city of birth blank?
No, I filled in the city of birth. Should it be blank?

Also, were you only able to link after receiving your OWP? Or can it be linked before receiving the OWP?

Dreamerforever

Jan 9, 2018
Apparently. most of the applicants experienced the same confusion, and I am no exception.

Two days after I sent my sponsorship and OWP application, I noticed the lack of payment. As soon as I noticed I only paid the fee of open work permit holder and did not pay work permit fee, I made it up online and saved the digital receipt. Then I uploaded the receipt to IRCC via IRCC Web Form. In the message I mentioned:

CIC receipt number
Canada Post tracking number
Name
Date of Birth
Address
Type of Application: Application for spouses or common-law partners (currently living in Canada) applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

Then 5 days later, IRCC email back saying they have forwarded the information I provided to the responsible department. They will contact me if they require further information.

I sent my application on 11/15 2017, AOR received on 01/05/2018.

So I strongly suggest you use IRCC Web From to upload your receipt immediately. Good luck.
Thank you! I just tried this. It did say not to expect a reply if the applicatiob is within processing times, but I am hoping.

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
No, I filled in the city of birth. Should it be blank?

Also, were you only able to link after receiving your OWP? Or can it be linked before receiving the OWP?
Hi there,
I used the UCI and family name option and yes I left the city I was born in blank. I’ve noticed it would only let me leave that blank on my laptop. I tried from my iPad and it wouldn’t let me leave that field blank. This is a good thread that helped me finalIy link my owp :) Good luck and I would not stress if it doesn’t link yet ;) It took me 7 weeks after they received it, and I tried everyday. I haven’t received my OWP yet but my status just changed to they are reviewing my eligibility.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-278#post-6563829

Reactions: sevensmallwoods