krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
You're Welcome ..!! I have seen many of them are facing problem to link application to CIC online in this forum so that's why I have posted this information.

hope this work.

Thanks,
Krunal

Saibaba92

Jun 23, 2016
@krunal2904

Hi Krunal,

Me and my husband applied together for visa with upfront medicals on 10th June,2013 ( Paper based VFS Delhi & after two days it has moved to Bangalore vfs)

Me (study Visa) & my Husband (Spouse open work permit)

question:

1) We linked the application successfully by Info which u have provided on this forum.but when I login into my account my application status shows "open" here is the question.whether both applications (me (study permit) & my husband (spouse open work permit)) are "open" (or) only my application (study permit) is "open".

2) Is there any way to track my husband visa (open work permit as we submitted paper based application together as a single file)

please advise

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Saibaba92,

If you have used above steps to link your Open Work Permit, I think you have to also link your study permit application as well. I am not sure about it but try category as study permit. I hope you will get something.

Thanks,
Krunl

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Hi krunal.
Thank you very much for the useful information. This has realy help me a lot..
Now made me much more confused too.
I have applied in vfs bangalore. Paper application. Now linking this to cic will my mode of application changes?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Victor Paul,

No. It's says mode of application is Online but it's not. It's still paper application but the thing is if you link your application to CIC online, CIC will no longer send you any paper or notice copy at your home address. you will get all updates by email in your CIC account.

Hope this help :).

Thanks,
Krunal

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Krunal2904,

The instructions are very helpful and easy to follow. Thank you very much for posting them.

I was trying to link my online application to MyCIC account. However, since I have used an Immigration Lawyer as a representative, it is saying that I need to upload the cancellation of use of representative in order to link my application to MyCIC account.

Do you know whether the update will be effective immediately after uploading the form or if it will take a few days?

Sandyhere

Oct 26, 2015
[ quote author=krunal2904 link=topic=431263.msg5275563#msg5275563 date=1466624488]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp[/]

Thanks Krunal for the info about linking the paper based application. I just linked my wife's paper based application but not clear enough information provided there. The application status shows 'Open' which is fine and Review of the documents show empty that's where I am really confused. Other filelds shows Not needed at this time which are fine. By any chance do you know anything about it when the Review of the Documents submitted shows empty.

Reactions: krunal2904

snoopy_15

Jul 12, 2016
Sandyhere said:
[ quote author=krunal2904 link=topic=431263.msg5275563#msg5275563 date=1466624488]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp[/]

Thanks Krunal for the info about linking the paper based application. I just linked my wife's paper based application but not clear enough information provided there. The application status shows 'Open' which is fine and Review of the documents show empty that's where I am really confused. Other filelds shows Not needed at this time which are fine. By any chance do you know anything about it when the Review of the Documents submitted shows empty.
Hi there! Did you applied from Canada? How much time passed from time you sent application by mail until you linked your application online?

veritas

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, CIC is not recognizing my paper application :'( :'( :'(

It was submitted 2 months ago in VFS Islamabad. What do I do??

My VFS status is 'Your processed passport has been forwarded to Canada Visa Office on !5/06/2016.'

Help!