Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Is there anyone who applied in Chandigarh VFS on June 28th or after, and has been able to link your file with online account? ???

mruchi

Sep 14, 2016
Hi..

Thanks Krunal. The info given is very useful..

I linked my paper application successfully, but the review of submitted documents section is blank, can any 1 tell do i need to submit the documents online again or the field will be updated itself once the documents are reviewed ?? Any other action needed after linking the paper application.

Please reply..

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
mruchi said:
Hi..

Thanks Krunal. The info given is very useful..

I linked my paper application successfully, but the review of submitted documents section is blank, can any 1 tell do i need to submit the documents online again or the field will be updated itself once the documents are reviewed ?? Any other action needed after linking the paper application.

Please reply..
Hi, does the "Documents submitted by the client" has "There are no required documents for this Online Application." under all document tabs like Application Form(s), Supporting documents???

If yes, then you donot have to do anything. Just keep an eye on the status of file:

Medical:
Final Decision:
etc..

That is what will be updated as your application is processed. hope it helps.

all the best.

mruchi

Sep 14, 2016
Thanks for the reply.. Yep it's showing no required documents for this application in all the tabs..but its showing the mode of application as online, however i filed it in paper mode and have linked the same online.

ktom

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
None
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
I've submitted my application on paper via VFS, 4 weeks ago. The processing time for NZ is 5. I have followed the steps advised, but still no application found results. Anyone knows when the link should be possible? Given I am almost at the end of the "processing time", I am not quite sure what to expect/think.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krunal2904 said:
I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal
I just want one inf. I applied though lawyer. I link my application to my account. My lawyer will get any update to his email or not? I am worry because if any query then he can handle very well.
Any one have this kind of experience ?

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
krunal2904 said:

(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal

Hello Krunal, I have link my PAPER APPLICATION to my CIC online account. I checked my status, it says medical passed. The next step was the reviewing of documents, there is no status yet. My questions is everytime there is an update, are they going to send me an email? or do I have to keep logging in on my CIC account to have an update?

Justin william

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
mikescotchwhisky said:
Hello Krunal, I have link my PAPER APPLICATION to my CIC online account. I checked my status, it says medical passed. The next step was the reviewing of documents, there is no status yet. My questions is everytime there is an update, are they going to send me an email? or do I have to keep logging in on my CIC account to have an update?
Hello mike,
Hope u fine,
As you mentioned in previous note your paper application has been linked to CIC account,
Can you please share your timeline as in when did you apply, from where, & after how many days
Your application got linked,
As far as my application is concern,
I applied on 4th oct 2016,
Still i am not able to link my paper application to CIC account...
It gives me an error as "no application found"
Kindly rivert...
Thank you,

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
Justin william said:
Hello mike,
Hope u fine,
As you mentioned in previous note your paper application has been linked to CIC account,
Can you please share your timeline as in when did you apply, from where, & after how many days
Your application got linked,
As far as my application is concern,
I applied on 4th oct 2016,
Still i am not able to link my paper application to CIC account...
It gives me an error as "no application found"
Kindly rivert...
Thank you,
Hello Justin. I Link my Paper Application today. By the way, I applied on 12th of October this year.
I followed the guide here.

(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(9) Also the duration of my studies. Since my intake was January 2017 and I took 2 years so I specify:
- Starting Date: January 9, 2016
-Date of Completion: April 2018 ( I didn't put the day only month and year on date of completion since it wasn't mention in my LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE.

(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence
(11) They Will Also ask for you DLI / Designated Learning Institution Number. ( Something that starts with letter O)
(12) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Best of Luck

omoboladan

Nov 10, 2016
I applied for an online Spousal Open work permit in Nigeria and I changed my debit card 2 months ago as the old one's magnetic stripe no longer works.

When I log on to the new card using Sign-in partner ,my application is gone, I tried relinking but the system says it can't find the application, I opened another account via GCkey but still having the same issue with linking the application.

I have two(2) updates now but still unable to access my account. Call center told me to use the case-specific form for technical support which I sent to CIC Accra 10 days ago since work permit submitted in Nigeria are reviewed in Accra but I have gotten no reply, I'm really worried, please i need advice on what else to do.

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
Hello Guys, I checked my status today. The paper application that I linked online. The final decision say: Your application has been approved. Does it mean I got approve already? I didn't receive any message yet so I'm somehow worried.

RynnVD

Feb 5, 2017
Hi,

I have just submitted a spouse open work permit application and my son (2 year olds)'s visitor visa application online yesterday.
Accidently, when I logged in today, it showed that my CIC account was revoked. It appeared maybe because I had turned the computer off without signing out my account.

I have tried to create a new account and link my application to the new one.
I have processed all steps as Krunal posted, but it showed that "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications".

There is any wrong with the linking process.

Please help me.
Thank you so much in advance.

Thanks,
Rynn

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your post.

First of all, let me clear you said you submitted your spouse work permit online right? If so, you no need to link your application. If not then it will takes couple weeks to link in your online account.

Thanks,
Krunal