+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

TheImmigrator

Apr 24, 2017
Thank you very much. This is very useful information. :)

I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018

I just want to comment more for this instruction:
- For (8): It is true that if you DON'T FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, it works! How amazing it is!!! (#%*)
- But for (12): It depends on your situation.

For example:
- "Apply for permanent resident as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada" means your sponsor is Canadian.
- "Spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker" means your sponsor is actually a foreigner and he/she works here as a skilled worker.
---> It is very different from each other.

*** Don't forget to use Internet Explorer to fill the forms or link account to avoid errors from the system :(

That's it, you will be able to link your application to your online account! Wish you all best of luck!

Have a nice weekend!!!
Hi,

I tried dese steps but still facing problem in linking OWP application.
using this as sponser is canadian "Apply for permanent resident as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada" means your sponsor is Canadian."

Could you plz suggest.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I tried dese steps but still facing problem in linking OWP application.
using this as sponser is canadian "Apply for permanent resident as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada" means your sponsor is Canadian."

Could you plz suggest.
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you have troubles with linking MyCIC account. Can you share your case, then I will figure out how to work with you... So you followed all the instruction but it doesn't work? Let's talk about multiple choices, what did you click on?

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you have troubles with linking MyCIC account. Can you share your case, then I will figure out how to work with you... So you followed all the instruction but it doesn't work? Let's talk about multiple choices, what did you click on?
I followed dese steps mentioned by you. I am using google chrome hope it does not matter much.

(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option. (here i used UCI No and family name option)
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India) CANADA as i m here
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit (Apply for permanent resident as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada bcoz sponser is canadian )

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I followed dese steps mentioned by you. I am using google chrome hope it does not matter much.

(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option. (here i used UCI No and family name option)
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India) CANADA as i m here
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit (Apply for permanent resident as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada bcoz sponser is canadian )
Wait, are you trying to link your application of PR or PR card or Work permit? They are different.

Reactions: Happiness1012

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Wait, are you trying to link your application of PR or PR card or Work permit? They are different.
I hot AOR : 7 March and linked my PR file on 7 March 2018
I am trying to link OWP application to my CIC account but i am facing problems while following above mentioned steps.

Thanks

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017

From my experience, linking Work permit app. was quite hard because if we just made a small mistake then we cannot link it.

Here, I would suggest you to keep this step, don't work in another way:
1. (6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option. -> Don't use other options as from my experience, it doesn't work.
2. Make sure that: (8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
3. Use Internet Explore as I guess it works the best for the system. This system needs security in very high level so as far as I know, the organization just use one of the internet browsers to make sure it works well. Here in this case, it is Internet Explorer. I think it explains why normally you cannot open PDF file on other browsers but Internet Explorer.

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
From my experience, linking Work permit app. was quite hard because if we just made a small mistake then we cannot link it.

Here, I would suggest you to keep this step, don't work in another way:
1. (6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option. -> Don't use other options as from my experience, it doesn't work.
2. Make sure that: (8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
3. Use Internet Explore as I guess it works the best for the system. This system needs security in very high level so as far as I know, the organization just use one of the internet browsers to make sure it works well. Here in this case, it is Internet Explorer. I think it explains why normally you cannot open PDF file on other browsers but Internet Explorer.
Thank you Trinh,

I am just waiting to complete 24 hr block. then i will try again with all mentioned steps.

Schedule A IMM 5669 could be electronically signed and uploaded.
I heard people filling and scanning them to upload for signature.

If i was taking some class or preparing for examz i need to mention it under unemployed or study as i dont have name of school.

Please suggest.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Thank you Trinh,

I am just waiting to complete 24 hr block. then i will try again with all mentioned steps.

Schedule A IMM 5669 could be electronically signed and uploaded.
I heard people filling and scanning them to upload for signature.

If i was taking some class or preparing for examz i need to mention it under unemployed or study as i dont have name of school.

Please suggest.
Are you talking about part 6 of Personal History? If so, please fill that you were studying instead of Unemployed. It is very different from each other, I suppose.

nav1402

Oct 13, 2017
Hey,

Can anyone help me linking my parents Temporary resident visa online.
I have tried million of times, but won't work for me.
Does anyone have experience linking temporary resident visa application ?
Thanks

NAVIDNAD

Apr 16, 2016
Hello Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently full-time student of major of Tourism 2years diploma in BC.I want to apply online for Spousal Open Work Permit.what is documents checklist? .Could you please help me about the step by step guide how to creat account and fill it out ?.Do i need to creat seperat account or it is better to apply under my profile?
Best,

Sahil1999

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello guys
Please help me I am not able to link my application to CIC. I used all the way link my application. But didn't get success. Please help me. If you have any idea then please reply to me.
Thanks

Hesjay

Apr 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
Hello guy, please help!!!
After linking my paper application online, the accounts show no data available in table