+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
It did not work. I am in a common law relationship with a Canadian, (im Australian) and have applied through common law. I followed your steps to the tee except selected "applied for PR through common law within Canada" the first time - didn't work. selected "applied for bridging OWP" the second time - also didn't work.
Like I said, ive not had any letters saying ANYTHING about my OWP yet. Am I meant to wait for that? I have the letter giving me my PR application number and telling me to link that but NOT the OWP. doesn't mention that at all. Is there a SEPARATE letter for the OWP to be able to be linked?
Here, page 174, I hope it helps!
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-174#post-6411952

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
It did not work. I am in a common law relationship with a Canadian, (im Australian) and have applied through common law. I followed your steps to the tee except selected "applied for PR through common law within Canada" the first time - didn't work. selected "applied for bridging OWP" the second time - also didn't work.
Like I said, ive not had any letters saying ANYTHING about my OWP yet. Am I meant to wait for that? I have the letter giving me my PR application number and telling me to link that but NOT the OWP. doesn't mention that at all. Is there a SEPARATE letter for the OWP to be able to be linked?
PR application # is different with OWP application # and you will get email each for that.. if u dont get any email about OWP #, please try to call IRCC and ask :)
Good luck

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
I have tried every possible way to link my paper application. I just can't link it. The application was made in June. I have already received the application number, but still can't link. My application still cannot be found online.

Here are my steps:

1. Category: Temporary Residence
2. Sub-category: Work permit and extension
3. Application Details: I have been trying all possible combinations.
* UCI+family name
* Application Number+ family name
* UCI + application number
* Given name, family name and DOB
4. Applicant's Personal Info:
* Passport Details
5. Details for intended work in Canada:
* Open (initial application or extension)
6. Info about the applicant's work in Canada
* Current country of residence: India
* Current marital status: Married
* Which situation applies to the application: Spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker

What am I missing?

Last edited:

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Guys , when I am trying to link my spouse application ..Its saying unable to find the application ..any suggestions on this
I read on some forums many ppl experienced difficulty to link it with CIC account currently..
Some ppl have a trick to keep the question blank for birth of date or original country.. some tried to fill marital status with single.. or maybe u can try it again next couple of days?

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I read on some forums many ppl experienced difficulty to link it with CIC account currently..
Some ppl have a trick to keep the question blank for birth of date or original country.. some tried to fill marital status with single.. or maybe u can try it again next couple of days?

Thanks for the info ..I will try different parameters and try to link

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Finally was able to link my OWP to my account a week after linking my PR application. I did leave the date and country of birth blank for those of you still trying and it worked but I have been trying every day for 7 days doing the same thing and one day it just finally worked.
So I got my letter asking for Sched A and police checks. (does this mean my sponsor is approved??) I have lived in Canada 2 years so figured I needed a Canadian police check. I went and paid for the check and for my fingerprints to be done and was planning on uploading the receipt to say I've applied to avoid delays. However when I went to do this I realized I could only upload ONE document under police checks.. I uploaded my Aus one and any time I tried to upload the letter and receipt for my Canadian one it just kept saying it would replace the AUS one. So I just submitted my sched A and aus police check by themselves..
Does anyone have any idea how Im meant to upload the other certificate when I get it? Or the letter explaining I've applied for it?

Application sent - Aug 14 2017

talalbsse

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,
I am trying to link my application to my online account. If I enter incorrect information, it says that we found no applications. However, if I enter correct information, I face the following error message:

"Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Has anyone faced the same issue?

PSRK

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,
I am trying to link my application to my online account. If I enter incorrect information, it says that we found no applications. However, if I enter correct information, I face the following error message:

"Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Has anyone faced the same issue?
I am also getting same error, when i give the right information

sabiy

Sep 14, 2017
Hey when did u apply for SOWP and how long after have u linked ur application. because its been 2 weeks now and still it say "application not found"
You have to wait until they enter your information into their system then only u will be able to link. I was able to link my account after 3 months so you have long way to go and hope for the best

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Krunal,

I have submitted my PGWP paper application last week, when I tracked the Fedex, it showed the envelop was delivered. Then I have been trying to link the application to mycic account but it showed no application found. I don't know what's wrong, I just need to make sure that my application is accepted by cic. May I know when did you link your application after submitting the paper? Thanks!

Linh

Prabir_007

Oct 30, 2017
Hi Krunal,

I have submitted my PGWP paper application last week, when I tracked the Fedex, it showed the envelop was delivered. Then I have been trying to link the application to mycic account but it showed no application found. I don't know what's wrong, I just need to make sure that my application is accepted by cic. May I know when did you link your application after submitting the paper? Thanks!

Linh
Its working now. I have linked my application successfully.. Try again now
hey. I am also facing the problem of linking of my paper application to online. I have tried from last two months but not succeed. I have applied for the work permit visa from the new employer. Please help me to solve the issue. Thanking you