+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

Boladan

Nov 16, 2017
I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal
Please how can i link my PGWP application? It's been giving me no application found.

rll

Dec 23, 2017
I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal

rll

Dec 23, 2017
Hi Krunal,

I would like to ask if this list applies to spouse of PGWP? I am currently holding an open permit on this program, I was just wondering, how will I apply my spouse to obtain an open work permit. I am trying to find the steps on how to do it. My wife is currently residing in the Philippines.

If you have an idea regarding my situation, it would be of great help to me and my spouse.

Thank you in advance.

rll

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Please how can i link my PGWP application? It's been giving me no application found.
Hello Boladan,

Sorry for late reply. If you have applied PGWP through paper application, you can link this via my CIC online account. Sometime it's take a month or more to link your application online. If it says application not found then try to link again after few days.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Krunal,

I would like to ask if this list applies to spouse of PGWP? I am currently holding an open permit on this program, I was just wondering, how will I apply my spouse to obtain an open work permit. I am trying to find the steps on how to do it. My wife is currently residing in the Philippines.

If you have an idea regarding my situation, it would be of great help to me and my spouse.

Thank you in advance.

rll
Hello rll

This steps you can use to link your paper application to online CIC account if you have already applied for your spouse open work permit through paper application. If you want to apply for your spouse OWP then you must have job in NOC 0, A or B category.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
hey. I am also facing the problem of linking of my paper application to online. I have tried from last two months but not succeed. I have applied for the work permit visa from the new employer. Please help me to solve the issue. Thanking you
Hi guys,

If you have submitted application recently then please give it a few days to link online CIC account.

Zaruwar

May 5, 2017
Hi Krunal,
I have applied paper based Open work permit application three weeks ago. I have followed all of your mentioned steps. When I tried to link paper based application to online CIC account,It shows that "No application found".
Could you advice me,how much they will take to link paper application to online CIC account or what should i do now. It would be appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Hi did you apply fromPakistan? What’s the update on your visa?

rll

Dec 23, 2017
Hello rll

This steps you can use to link your paper application to online CIC account if you have already applied for your spouse open work permit through paper application. If you want to apply for your spouse OWP then you must have job in NOC 0, A or B category.

rll

Dec 23, 2017
Hi krunal

I did not apply yet for my wife’s OWP. I was just about to start the application, since I just received my PGWP.
Can I apply through online by linking into my online CIC account. But what will I do next after this step, is it just like what I did on my PGWP application online?

It says on the website that I must possess a job offer or contract with NOC 0, A, or B. I am current working as Food Service Supervisor, and consider as NOC B. I must also attach three payslips am I correct?

I was just wondering, what are the documents or forms from the CIC that are needed? Do I need to provide proof of funds for this application also?

If you know the guide on how to apply, it would be grateful if let me know.

Thank you,
rll

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi krunal

I did not apply yet for my wife’s OWP. I was just about to start the application, since I just received my PGWP.
Can I apply through online by linking into my online CIC account. But what will I do next after this step, is it just like what I did on my PGWP application online?

It says on the website that I must possess a job offer or contract with NOC 0, A, or B. I am current working as Food Service Supervisor, and consider as NOC B. I must also attach three payslips am I correct?

I was just wondering, what are the documents or forms from the CIC that are needed? Do I need to provide proof of funds for this application also?

If you know the guide on how to apply, it would be grateful if let me know.

Thank you,
rll
You Can apply dependent OWP for your wife through paper application or online. It's up to you. If you're applying online then you don't need to link your application but paper application you can do.

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
Hi guys,

If you have submitted application recently then please give it a few days to link online CIC account.
Hi Krunal,

After we linked the paper application to mycic account, cic will review our application based on online lead time or paper lead time? Please share your timeline. Thanks!