+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

chinaboy

Oct 11, 2017
I'm Aug 17th applicant and I got mine:
Got confirmation on OWP ......................................... November 25th 2017
Got OWP by mail......................................................... December 1st 2017

I know at least 3 other Aug applicants here have OWP as well (Nov 24th).

Where is the province do you apply for?
I am in Ontario. Does it make any difference?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I can't link my application :( received AOR on wednesday and now having trouble linking it.
Hey,
I had the same problem yesterday! Did you try that trick with leaving the town/city of birth blank (just put space)?

Chose "Application Number and Last name", fill out all fields, except place of birth (but you have to select country), Number of Applicants - 2 (if it's just you and your sponsor, no children), plus it's case sensitive (I put all our names in capitals in the original application, so had to do the same while linking it).

Also, if you run out of trials per day, just create a new account on GCKey.

Good luck! =)

Reactions: Sigurgeirs10

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Good Morning,
I did all the same steps you described. I used the UCI and family name option and I left the city I was born in blank. I’ve noticed it would only let me leave that blank on my laptop. I tried from my iPad and it wouldn’t let me leave that field blank. For me, they received my OWP application on Oct 17, 2017 and I just linked it Dec 4 lol and I tried linking it everyday. I’m thinking yours will be able to be linked next week ;)
Can I ask, did you select the category of 'Temporary Resident Permit holder' or 'Applied for PR as spouse'?

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I have a question - I received today an email for my sponsor's name, which looked kind of like AOR, giving him different UCI, but the same file number as in the original AOR (which I received yesterday).. we can only log in with it in ECAS, it just shows the application status. What do we do with it? I thought there will be only one case/file and one account...

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hey,
I had the same problem yesterday! Did you try that trick with leaving the town/city of birth blank (just put space)?

Chose "Application Number and Last name", fill out all fields, except place of birth (but you have to select country), Number of Applicants - 2 (if it's just you and your sponsor, no children), plus it's case sensitive (I put all our names in capitals in the original application, so had to do the same while linking it).

Also, if you run out of trials per day, just create a new account on GCKey.

Good luck! =)
Thank you! But I finally linked a few hours ago, I put my whole name including given name on the family name box and didn't put any passport info. It worked for me! ☺

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I linked my application a few hours ago and they are asking me for police certificate from where I currently live if more than 6 months and from where I spent most of my adult life. Since I was 18 I've been in America for 12 months, then brazil for 11 months, spain for 6 months and counting all the visits here in Canada 16 months... So should I provide only from Canada?! I already have one from Brazil which is the country where I was born. But the country that I spent most of my adult life it's clearly Canada. I'm so confused since they say you don't need one from Canada :(

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
It has also been 106 days and still no OWP for me. I am Aug 24. Anybody within this period who has his/her OWP already?
Even I'm waiting for OWP, application received on Aug 30.

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, what does an AOR look like? I just received an email asking me to link my application online. It has UCI and Application number.

Also having problems with linking my application and have just reached the maximum link tries in a day. Frustrating.

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hey guys, what does an AOR look like? I just received an email asking me to link my application online. It has UCI and Application number.

Also having problems with linking my application and have just reached the maximum link tries in a day. Frustrating.
That's your AOR. The sponsor will get another email too saying they received the application.
To link it, try putting your whole name in the family name box, also leave passport details blank, try not hitting space at the end of the word and number of applicants put 2. I've trying to link like since Wednesday and finally got it a few hours ago doing what I just said. Good luck ☺

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
That's your AOR. The sponsor will get another email too saying they received the application.
To link it, try putting your whole name in the family name box, also leave passport details blank, try not hitting space at the end of the word and number of applicants put 2. I've trying to link like since Wednesday and finally got it a few hours ago doing what I just said. Good luck ☺
Yay!! Thanks!

Which category did you pick? Application number and last name?