+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Here’s to hoping we are early next week!!!! And bonus I checked OWP application times and it’s saying only 7 weeks now so that is a huge drop since we first applied as it was 11 weeks!!! So if timelines are correct should have OWP by mid Feb!!!!
Hey, I just got my AOR a few minutes ago. You should receive yours shortly as well :)

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Hey guys, what does an AOR look like? I just received an email asking me to link my application online. It has UCI and Application number.

Also having problems with linking my application and have just reached the maximum link tries in a day. Frustrating.
This is amazing news as we are October 16th as well!!!! Positive news!!!

Reactions: Mchb0215

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I linked my application a few hours ago and they are asking me for police certificate from where I currently live if more than 6 months and from where I spent most of my adult life. Since I was 18 I've been in America for 12 months, then brazil for 11 months, spain for 6 months and counting all the visits here in Canada 16 months... So should I provide only from Canada?! I already have one from Brazil which is the country where I was born. But the country that I spent most of my adult life it's clearly Canada. I'm so confused since they say you don't need one from Canada :(
Hi,

No need for PCC from Canada - it says in a few places on CIC website (FAQs, instructions) - in case they need it, they will send you an additional form and request for fingerprints. But as for other places you listed - yes, you need from all of them (as long as TOTAL time is 6 months or more for each country)

P.S. I've been in Canada for almost a year now, and had the same question.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
hi guys, we pass our application just 2 weeks ago.. and now that i have all the police clearances that i need.. should i just wait for the schedule A request or i can submit it now? does anyone have this situation?

thanks..

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi,

No need for PCC from Canada - it says in a few places on CIC website (FAQs, instructions) - in case they need it, they will send you an additional form and request for fingerprints. But as for other places you listed - yes, you need from all of them (as long as TOTAL time is 6 months or more for each country)

P.S. I've been in Canada for almost a year now, and had the same question.
On the letter it says I need from where I live and from where I spent most of my adult life since I was 18. They changed the rules. But the place I've spent the most is canada so I'm very confused.

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
On the letter it says I need from where I live and from where I spent most of my adult life since I was 18. They changed the rules. But the place I've spent the most is canada so I'm very confused.
Here, from CIC website:
You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check.
Do I need to provide a police certificate for my time in Canada?
www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

The reason for it is that they can do police check at any time and no action from you is required; if you still doubt, try to call CIC directly (CPC) and ask.

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
hi guys, we pass our application just 2 weeks ago.. and now that i have all the police clearances that i need.. should i just wait for the schedule A request or i can submit it now? does anyone have this situation?

thanks..
Hi,

You should wait for your AOR, they ask you to link your application to online account; once you do that there will be a message, requesting you to submit your Police certificate(s) and Schedule A. There you just upload the files and that's it. If you mail it now, they may get lost, as you don't have your UCI or Application numbers yet (as I understood, right?)

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi,

You should wait for your AOR, they ask you to link your application to online account; once you do that there will be a message, requesting you to submit your Police certificate(s) and Schedule A. There you just upload the files and that's it. If you mail it now, they may get lost, as you don't have your UCI or Application numbers yet (as I understood, right?)[/QUOTE

right, ..thank you so much..:)