+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

celinalee1219

Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys I need some help.

My application was received on september 22, 2017 together with an OPW.
I linked my PR application in November 24th.
So now I was wondering why I never got any messages about the OWP.
And then I figuered out, that I have have to link the OWP too. So I just did that, and it says the application is submittet and in process...
My question is, as I just linked it right now, december 10, is that gonna delay my process for OWP as I didnt done it before?
I hope not.
Because my visitor visa is gonna expire in a week. I was hoping to get the OWP before my visitor Visa expires...
Do I need to extend my Visitor Visa if I dont get the OWP before expiring date?
Hi, I didn't realize need to link the OWP application as well. Thanks for the information!
In terms of your visitor visa expiration, I think as long as you submitted your application before your visa expires, you should be fine. You will be under implied status once your visitor visa expires. You are able to remain the current status you have until a decision has been made to your application.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi guys I need some help.

My application was received on september 22, 2017 together with an OPW.
I linked my PR application in November 24th.
So now I was wondering why I never got any messages about the OWP.
And then I figuered out, that I have have to link the OWP too. So I just did that, and it says the application is submittet and in process...
My question is, as I just linked it right now, december 10, is that gonna delay my process for OWP as I didnt done it before?
I hope not.
Because my visitor visa is gonna expire in a week. I was hoping to get the OWP before my visitor Visa expires...
Do I need to extend my Visitor Visa if I dont get the OWP before expiring date?
Don't worry... I never linked my husband's OWP application and they processed it anyway. Linking is not mandatory, it just gives you more info on your application status that's all

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Hey. I got my OWP returned yesterday too due to insufficient funds. When they returned your OWP did they return ALL your forms that you sbmitted with your OWP?
In my case they only returned the document check list and the main form
They returned the checklist, payment receipt, and the OWP form. Did u resend the other requirements like the passport copy, marriage cert, etc?

tunafish

Apr 6, 2016
Don't worry... I never linked my husband's OWP application and they processed it anyway. Linking is not mandatory, it just gives you more info on your application status that's all
Hi, how do you link an OWP application? Does it work with the same link they originally sent in an email, or is it done through the CIC account?
Thanks!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi, how do you link an OWP application? Does it work with the same link they originally sent in an email, or is it done through the CIC account?
Thanks!
You have to connect to your GCkey account and select "Link an application to this account" then you'll select the right category for work permit and add the information requested. Note that some people are not able to link their applications right away after receiving the PR application AOR.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online.431263/

Reactions: Mchb0215

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
They returned the checklist, payment receipt, and the OWP form. Did u resend the other requirements like the passport copy, marriage cert, etc?
Hi! I'm in the same situation, they returned my OWP for a mistake I made with the payment , in the letter they sent me, says:
"the entire package, including all the requested documents/ information referenced in the adove and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to: CPC Vegreville ...."

the IMM5710 form was updated in October 2017 and the checklist in November 2017

Good luck!

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Hi! I'm in the same situation, they returned my OWP for a mistake I made with the payment , in the letter they sent me, says:
"the entire package, including all the requested documents/ information referenced in the adove and a copy of this letter must be resubmitted to: CPC Vegreville ...."

the IMM5710 form was updated in October 2017 and the checklist in November 2017

Good luck!
Did you fill up the updated form? They only put a check mark for insufficient fees. Do i need to redo the application form and use the updated one?

nicmambo

Mar 25, 2017
Hi, I didn't realize need to link the OWP application as well. Thanks for the information!
In terms of your visitor visa expiration, I think as long as you submitted your application before your visa expires, you should be fine. You will be under implied status once your visitor visa expires. You are able to remain the current status you have until a decision has been made to your application.
No problem. Though I guess you are wrong it says on CIC; "You can stay in Canada while waiting for your permanent residence as long as you maintain legal status. Temporary resident status is valid for a specific period of time and you must ensure that your status as a temporary resident remains valid while you are in Canada." So it means I have to extend it, and it can even happen that I have to extend it more then one time during the PR process.

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Did you fill up the updated form? They only put a check mark for insufficient fees. Do i need to redo the application form and use the updated one?
Yes, I did! I filled it out again to avoid being returned for that reason.
I'm hopeful that I did it right this time.

I recommend that you fill it out again and send the updated forms.

Reactions: ggg07

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Yes, I did! I filled it out again to avoid being returned for that reason.
I'm hopeful that I did it right this time.

I recommend that you fill it out again and send the updated forms.
I just got off the phone, called the call center. And you are right, have to redo it using the recent form. If you didnt brig it up I would not redo it. This forum is really helpful. Suler thanks!!

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hey Guys,

Does any ETA holder can confirm me when we get OWP do we get new ETA as well from IRCC through email if entered in Canada as on ETA. Does any ETA holder can confirm me?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Ive been trying to open Imm5710 all day have tried two different browsers on my phone, two different browsers on my laptop. Every other form opens but that one. Our application hasn’t been sent back just wanted to look. Has anyone else been having difficulty?

chinaboy

Oct 11, 2017
Ive been trying to open Imm5710 all day have tried two different browsers on my phone, two different browsers on my laptop. Every other form opens but that one. Our application hasn’t been sent back just wanted to look. Has anyone else been having difficulty?
Try saving it on your desktop first and open it from there. It should work. Good luck