+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

tunafish

Apr 6, 2016
Are you sure you need to provide the Canadian Police certificate? I did not, and I'm pretty sure you do not either.
When you are logged in your CIC account and you se the lost of documents you have to upload (SA + Police checks), there is a little "?" button, just click on it and read the first paragraph, it should clearly states "You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more.

If so just apply today!
Hope this helps
Hi, thanks a lot for replying!

I'm pretty sure his profile had multiple fields for countries, something like "all countries you lived in since 18 years old". We can double check again, although he just got notified that his Canadian police certificate is ready, so we might as well send it too.

Another question: do I, as a family member, have to fill out Schedule A? The form says "you and all family members must provide their own copy". I was advised earlier by an immigration consultant (an acquaintance) that I need to provide the form too.
The thing is though, you can only upload 1 file in the profile, and these forms can't be combined into one PDF as they are complex files. We thought we'd print them out, scan them and attach as one file.

Does anyone know if I have to provide it? Maybe if there is no option to upload multiple files, I don't have to submit it.

Thanks!

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
hey, no news yet!! :( This is crazy. I wonder whats happened to the July applicant's.??
Have you tried to contact anyone or find any info on what the delay could be?
I total understand, still nothing from here as well. I called again this morning, but not very helpful.
The agent said it's either they are still reviewing the application, or they are waiting for some thing. :(:(:(

Finger cross .

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
If you don’t have a valid temporary resident permit as at the time they are processing your application, they will have to wait for your AIP before issuing your work permit, and that’s one of the reasons why it usually take longer than 4 months.
I don't have valid temporary permit now. It make sense to me. But what is AIP?

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
I'm on a visitor visa status from June and application was received in July, so my status was valid when I applied and will be on implied status until I get approval of OWP/PR. so it can't be that. Unfortunately we just have to wait, it's been making me crazy haha but trying not to think about it too much. hopefully something comes soon.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Approval in principle. The first stage approval for your PR or The approval that you are eligible to be sponsored for permanent resident. And that takes like 6-9 months as the case may be.

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
I'm on a visitor visa status from June and application was received in July, so my status was valid when I applied and will be on implied status until I get approval of OWP/PR. so it can't be that. Unfortunately we just have to wait, it's been making me crazy haha but trying not to think about it too much. hopefully something comes soon.
Approval in principle. The first stage approval for your PR or The approval that you are eligible to be sponsored for permanent resident. And that takes like 6-9 months as the case may be.
My visitor visa says I can only stay until August 30, and they received my application on July 31, and I got my AOR on September 15.
I don't know if this is the case for AIP.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Today I got my SIN since I reived my OWP on the mail yesterday afternoon.
Also, my tourist visa extension request went from the typical "we are processing your application, we will let you know" to cancelled without even reviewing my medical exam or eligibility o_O I guess it is because now I have the OWP. I'm wondering if they will give back the fee I paid for the extension request since I didn't withdraw it. Such a waste of money just to make sure I didn't get out of status while waiting for my AOR lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Today I got my SIN since I reived my OWP on the mail yesterday afternoon.
Also, my tourist visa extension request went from the typical "we are processing your application, we will let you know" to cancelled without even reviewing my medical exam or eligibility o_O I guess it is because now I have the OWP. I'm wondering if they will give back the fee I paid for the extension request since I didn't withdrawn it. Such a waste of money just to make sure I didn't get out of status while waiting for my AOR lol
Congratulations! I have quite similar situation like yours. I applied for my Visitor visa extension to make sure that my visa status is good. However, I haven't heard any thing from CIC about it. I cannot link the app to my account. I sent a question to CIC service, and they just gave me these reasons:

There could be different reasons why you faced these difficulties. We invite you to take a look at the list of common issues encountered when linking an application, and their resolutions.

• Your application hasn’t been entered into our system yet (paper applications)

Following its reception at our Case Processing Centre, it will take some time for an application to be entered into the system. Once the application is entered in our system, you will be able to link it to your account.

• The information you have entered is different from what you submitted on your application

The information you enter to link your application must match what you had on your application when you submitted it. If you have updated your information after submitting your application, please enter the most recent information we would have on file.

You can only try to link an application five times. If you are unsuccessful after five attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account.

• An immigration representative is handling your file

If you have hired a representative, only that representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You would need to remove the representative from your file to link your application to your account.

If you chose to do so, please upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your online MyCIC account and select the option I am cancelling the appointment of a representative. Once that information is processed (within 10 business days following reception of the form), you will be able to access information about your application.

If you need to update your representative information, please visit our website.

• Our online system could be down

Please visit our website for more details on the different planned and unplanned outages.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

• All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
    • once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
  • Any error messages. To do this, provide us with screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
    • page preceding the error, and
    • error message.
So now I have to send them another message with the content of "Technical difficulties". I hope they will fix it soon.

Last edited:

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
My updates:

So I got OWP by mail this morning! Ho la la! The date issued on November 23rd. I received the approval confirmation on MyCIC on November 25th. And I got it by mail today December 1st!

You guys will get it soon!

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Congratulations! I have quite similar situation like yours. I applied for my Visitor visa extension to make sure that my visa status is good. However, I haven't heard any thing from CIC about it. I cannot link the app to my account. I sent a question to CIC service, and they just gave me these reasons:

There could be different reasons why you faced these difficulties. We invite you to take a look at the list of common issues encountered when linking an application, and their resolutions.

• Your application hasn’t been entered into our system yet (paper applications)

Following its reception at our Case Processing Centre, it will take some time for an application to be entered into the system. Once the application is entered in our system, you will be able to link it to your account.

• The information you have entered is different from what you submitted on your application

The information you enter to link your application must match what you had on your application when you submitted it. If you have updated your information after submitting your application, please enter the most recent information we would have on file.

You can only try to link an application five times. If you are unsuccessful after five attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account.

• An immigration representative is handling your file

If you have hired a representative, only that representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You would need to remove the representative from your file to link your application to your account.

If you chose to do so, please upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your online MyCIC account and select the option I am cancelling the appointment of a representative. Once that information is processed (within 10 business days following reception of the form), you will be able to access information about your application.

If you need to update your representative information, please visit our website.

• Our online system could be down

Please visit our website for more details on the different planned and unplanned outages.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

• All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
    • once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
  • Any error messages. To do this, provide us with screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
    • page preceding the error, and
    • error message.
So now I have to send them another message with the content of "Technical difficulties". I hope they will fix it soon.
Well, your OWP by itself will allow you to stay in Canada for 2 years without any issue (and even then you'll most likely get your PR even before it expires), therefore that visa extension is useless now.

Bears

Nov 28, 2017
Okay, so I have my Schedule A ready and the police certificate for Canada, but I haven't heard anything from the FBI for the police certificate from the US that I sent that off in September. When I sent it off, the website said it should take about 10-12 weeks, but the processing time on the site seems to be increasing more and more.... now it says 14-16 weeks, and that isn't including the amount of time needed to mail it. :/ I got the letter requesting for the documents in October and it said they need to be submitted by December 11th. It doesn't look like I will be able to get it in time. :( The letter says if I can't get it that I need to write a letter and submit proof like a payment receipt or a tracking number, but I don't have either of those since they still have not charged the credit card and I don't have tracking. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Well, your OWP by itself will allow you to stay in Canada for 2 years without any issue (and even then you'll most likely get your PR even before it expires), therefore that visa extension is useless now.
Yes, that's what I have heard, anyway I have the same question as yours, will they refund us? :">